T Nation

Eyeing First Cycle with Questions

Hello, I hope this is the correct section as I couldn’t find the introduction area or maybe it could be because my browser is acting up.

Looking for advice/recommendations for my first cycle. Current stats are:
5’10"
175.4 lbs
25 years old
BF 12.7

S-315
DL-315
B-275

Working out since 19 but in the last year started to take it very serious (tracking body fat and logging calories). Currently I am towards the tail end of a 3 month calorie surplus ~2400-2600.

I am interested in doing a “test only cycle” as some have recommended it based on my goals which are:
Gain lean mass as when I cut I loose too much size.
A solid 7-12lbs of lean mass.
Not really concerned about strength as I’m not as concerned about size as I am overall physique( ultimate goal is stallone pictured here.

http://celebrityfitnesstraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Sylvester-Stallone-380x720-34kb-media-508-media-0049.jpg )

While i do respect the monsters out there it’s just not my goal.

I have researched somewhat and would like to know your take on test cypionate only. 500mg a week for 12 weeks followed by pct of Nolva. I chose this because it seems that while propionate will kick in faster (I can wait for gains) I har heard of people with PIP and it seems like it doesn’t workout as smooth as cypionate…

I’ve gone back and fourth with doing my first cycle because I want to learn as much possible before starting and I want to do it correctly.

Also I am currently taking Propecia and I’m concerned about…more hair loss. Will injecting testosterone while on Propecia be like contradicting one another in terms of testosterone “production”?

Thank you for your time, I look forward to gaining a lot of knowledge from this site. I apologize if I am ignorant to the terms i used or the way I asked.

look into an AI such as arimidex for on cycle.

Your cycle is good for a first cycle, look into getting an AI while on cycle as well and if you want hcg.

But you say your caloric surplus is 2400-2600? That’s it?

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Your cycle is good for a first cycle, look into getting an AI while on cycle as well and if you want hcg.

But you say your caloric surplus is 2400-2600? That’s it? [/quote]

I think he means that he is adding that figure to his daily intake

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Your cycle is good for a first cycle, look into getting an AI while on cycle as well and if you want hcg.

But you say your caloric surplus is 2400-2600? That’s it? [/quote]

I think he means that he is adding that figure to his daily intake[/quote]

I sure hope so

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Your cycle is good for a first cycle, look into getting an AI while on cycle as well and if you want hcg.

But you say your caloric surplus is 2400-2600? That’s it? [/quote]

My Maintenance is ~2250.

By going to 2400-2600 I’ve been able to add ~1.5 a lb of body weight a month without my body fat getting out of hand.

Of course I wouldn’t be eating that low of calories during my cycle.

[quote]jackedup45 wrote:
look into an AI such as arimidex for on cycle.
[/quote]

What dosage would you suggest?