Eye Problems From Training?

I notice sometimes after a hard-core workout, I have a blurry spot right in the center of my line on site, and it’s difficult for me to read.After this, I see what looks like a flashing neon strobe light in my eye that lasts about a half an hour then goes away. I notice this happens more if I take a stimulant. My father says something I’m taking or doing is irritating the ocular nerve. Anyone had this before?

Sounds blood pressure related. Wouldn’t be surprised if you have a blood vessel near the retina that moves it around. Your brain interprets that movement as light, maybe. Only a doctor (which I most assuredly ain’t) would know for sure.

Does it strobe in time with your pulse?

No, it literally looks like a neon tube light that sort of sparkles.

Hmm, sounds like you should see a doctor. Best not to screw around with your vision.

I figured out what it is. It’s called an ocular migraine. It can result from consumption of certain foods, bright light or exercise.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
benchaffleck wrote:
I figured out what it is. It’s called an ocular migraine. It can result from consumption of certain foods, bright light or exercise.

I don’t get it, what sort of food makes you see bright flashes of light?[/quote]

certain types of brownies.

In other news that happens to me all the time after a good sparring match in the gym. Or if you resist chokes for a while you get kind of tripped out.

-chris