T Nation

Eye Problems From Training?

I notice sometimes after a hard-core workout, I have a blurry spot right in the center of my line on site, and it’s difficult for me to read.After this, I see what looks like a flashing neon strobe light in my eye that lasts about a half an hour then goes away. I notice this happens more if I take a stimulant. My father says something I’m taking or doing is irritating the ocular nerve. Anyone had this before?

Sounds blood pressure related. Wouldn’t be surprised if you have a blood vessel near the retina that moves it around. Your brain interprets that movement as light, maybe. Only a doctor (which I most assuredly ain’t) would know for sure.

Does it strobe in time with your pulse?

No, it literally looks like a neon tube light that sort of sparkles.

Hmm, sounds like you should see a doctor. Best not to screw around with your vision.

I figured out what it is. It’s called an ocular migraine. It can result from consumption of certain foods, bright light or exercise.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
benchaffleck wrote:
I figured out what it is. It’s called an ocular migraine. It can result from consumption of certain foods, bright light or exercise.

I don’t get it, what sort of food makes you see bright flashes of light?[/quote]

certain types of brownies.

In other news that happens to me all the time after a good sparring match in the gym. Or if you resist chokes for a while you get kind of tripped out.

-chris