Extremely Bloated Belly Problem

Hello,

Ok, so here is the point : I currently have something like 12 / 13% fat, not too much… But my belly is extremely often bloated.

I mean, sometimes, I look like a pregnant woman if I relax every muscle. Especially evenings, but during the days too.

I am often constipated (sorry for the details), full of farts. Stopped totally creatine, I don’t eat milk products, or at least just a ridiculous amount.

I tried supplementing with fiber, tried laxatives… laxatives work but I can’t take them every time.

I m getting very tired of this ballooned belly. I mean, doc said it was a chronic colitis and that not much could be done…

Any piece of advice here ?

Colitis will definitely cause bloating.

Other causes would be food allergies or intolerance to (Wheat , Gluten , Dairy; Lactose Intolerance)

Try an elimination diet and see if that helps.

Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine or colon would cause bloating.

Eating too fast, not chewing your food properly. Best to chew until liquid consistency in your mouth for good digestion.

Sounds like it could be a dietary issue.

I get bloated from Whey protein. Are you using Whey?

Could be fat inside your abdominal cavity, which is a bad health sign. You may not be as lean as you think you are.

I doubt this is fat inside because when I m empty, I definetately lose this belly. The fact is that I really look like a pregnant woman when I m bloated. Seriously.

Usually, I will be like constipated for 2 days, bloat to hell, then have a next day going to toilet 5 times and empty myself.

I think this is more or less related to diet. I m not stressed, nothing. Seems like a lazy intestine. Maybe I don’t eat enough fiber but I try to eat a lot of them.

I eliminated whey or any form of powder protein at the moment, see what happens.

But I must admit I eat very very very fast and usually very poorly (behind computer at work, etc…)

[quote]RootX wrote:
I doubt this is fat inside because when I m empty, I definetately lose this belly. The fact is that I really look like a pregnant woman when I m bloated. Seriously.

Usually, I will be like constipated for 2 days, bloat to hell, then have a next day going to toilet 5 times and empty myself.

I think this is more or less related to diet. I m not stressed, nothing. Seems like a lazy intestine. Maybe I don’t eat enough fiber but I try to eat a lot of them.

I eliminated whey or any form of powder protein at the moment, see what happens.

But I must admit I eat very very very fast and usually very poorly (behind computer at work, etc…)

[/quote]

Eating quickly and not chewing your food properly will contribute to bloating. I will say that it will also contribute to overeating if your are not digesting/absorbing the food you are eating well you will be hungry later and say you are eating something healthy now maybe later cravings will kick in and you’ll be tempted to down junk food.

How you process and eat your food will aid the body in absorption and encourage good health and longevity. Gulping your food down can leave the undigested food to rot inside your stomach or intestines that can cause problems such as allergies or inflammation.

Chew until liquid consistency.

Serious question, can you get bloated belly from diet soda drinks. Not saying OP has, but just wondering.

[quote]MetalMX wrote:

Eating quickly and not chewing your food properly will contribute to bloating. I will say that it will also contribute to overeating if your are not digesting/absorbing the food you are eating well you will be hungry later and say you are eating something healthy now maybe later cravings will kick in and you’ll be tempted to down junk food.

How you process and eat your food will aid the body in absorption and encourage good health and longevity. Gulping your food down can leave the undigested food to rot inside your stomach or intestines that can cause problems such as allergies or inflammation.

Chew until liquid consistency.[/quote]

I nearly swallow my food whole and I’ve been prone to major bloating. I just kind of accepted it as something that came with eating tho haha.

I’ll go a week with actually chewing my food down and see what happens.

OP have you tried eating yogurt daily? that has helped a friend of mine

Unless otherwise indicated, I am positive most of the guys with posts like this are just new to the concept that your stomach sticks out when food is in it until it passes.

Everyone’s stomach sticks out if completely relaxed unless near contest condition or you haven’t eaten in a while.

My guess it is from wheat. About a year ago I had the exact same issues. I cut out all wheat- 100% and the results are outstanding. Never bloated at all and I lost 2" off my waist. Try it for one month and I bet it will be gone.

Like other’s have mentioned, it could be an allergic reaction to food. You dint list what you eat on a daily basis but are you sure you’re getting enough fiber in your diet?

Me for example, I have to have a serving of fibrous vegetables at least with 3 meals through out the day AND I take a fiber supplement. This is just to be regular, without this I can go a whole day, maybe 2 without going to the bathroom and when I do you can tell it’s like a whole day’s worth lol, not to paint a picture for you guys but yeah.

It is not that I am “new” to the concept of eating. I am diagnosized with chronic colitis which is hereditary but in the recent months the bloating really “exploded”, as did the constipation.

There is no useful medication. But like said, it is very probable that I don’t eat enough fiber… I eat vegetables but not huge servings

I am on IF + leangains. Maybe it does not help with this too…

my money’s on whey. Whey plays hell with my insides

Time for a fecal transplant!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Unless otherwise indicated, I am positive most of the guys with posts like this are just new to the concept that your stomach sticks out when food is in it until it passes.

Everyone’s stomach sticks out if completely relaxed unless near contest condition or you haven’t eaten in a while.[/quote]

This is true, however, 2 days of constipation is not normal. Try a digestive enzyme and some probiotics. I once had similar issues and I tried probiotics/dig enzymes over the course of a few months and it solved the problem. May not be your issue but even following the advice can only benefit you.

Have you had an x-ray to check for spondylolisthesis?

This is where one or more of your vertebrae slip out of normal alignment and protrude forwards into the abdomen. This mis-alignment causes a loss of height in the torso, so your ribcage rests lower than it usually would, and it means your internal organs become more vertically ‘squished’ than they normally would, so the only place for them to go is to bulge outwards. This, in combination with the increased anterior pelvic tilt that the condition causes, could make you look ‘pregnant’ in the lower abdomen, despite being lean.

[quote]jldume wrote:
Like other’s have mentioned, it could be an allergic reaction to food. You dint list what you eat on a daily basis but are you sure you’re getting enough fiber in your diet?

Me for example, I have to have a serving of fibrous vegetables at least with 3 meals through out the day AND I take a fiber supplement. This is just to be regular, without this I can go a whole day, maybe 2 without going to the bathroom and when I do you can tell it’s like a whole day’s worth lol, not to paint a picture for you guys but yeah. [/quote]

A little worried with this post.

I can’t imagine times when I was trying to gain that my body could have made it two whole days without taking a shit.

It makes me think of those old clips of the Hiroshima bombing.

[quote]alternate wrote:
Have you had an x-ray to check for spondylolisthesis?

This is where one or more of your vertebrae slip out of normal alignment and protrude forwards into the abdomen. This mis-alignment causes a loss of height in the torso, so your ribcage rests lower than it usually would, and it means your internal organs become more vertically ‘squished’ than they normally would, so the only place for them to go is to bulge outwards. This, in combination with the increased anterior pelvic tilt that the condition causes, could make you look ‘pregnant’ in the lower abdomen, despite being lean.[/quote]

While I love the fact of trying to relate the condition back to the spinal health it really isn’t feasible. spondylolisthesis traditionally does not change overall height so the organs would not get ‘squished’. Also the condition does not cause anterior pelvic tilt. for a something to happen like you have described he would have had to ruptured at least two disk with a grade 5 slip and the two non adjacent bodies approximating each other. of course that would cause enough pain that a little bloating wouldn’t be an issue.

Well it s a combination of 2 factors :

• I have a little hyperlordosis (and my chiro is concerned about the fact that I do squats…) which does not help
  • The bloating from the intestine

Seriously, even when bulking with 3500 Kcal a day sometimes I don’t go to the bathroom for 2 or 3 days and the final day is really like you said, Prof : hiroshima. I can go to the bathroom 5 times a day at this moment.

The main issue is lazy intestine. I got to eat, I think, more vegetables.

Some times ago, coffee was a good helper (one cup = bathroom in the next 15 min) but now it does not help anymore…

I m gonna try yoghurts more often too…

For some reason, I think the intermittent fasting does not help, but cannot prove it