T Nation

Extreme Wedding Preparation?

Hey Guys,

I know I can be a little bit of a reactionary but my first instinct on this one was just to say “You have got to be frigging kidding me”.

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

There are a lot of smart people on here so I would like to get your perspectives on this.

Thanks
Mike

Exhibit 1

As long as she can still suck dick I don’t see the problem.

Thats why when you marry make sure shes already hawt.

I’ve always thought it would be cool if someone invented some sort of machine where if you didn’t want to cook or whatever you could just hook yourself up to an IV, punch in whatever macros you want to eat and it would put them in your blood stream or stomach.

Bitches be crazy.

this has been around in Italy for a while, dudes and women doing it

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:
Bitches be crazy.[/quote]

x over 9000

I Just don’t understand. The whole wedding drama thing. 10-50 thousand and beyond for a wedding and honeymoon and you may not even own a home. Starving yourself,Is that one day worth all of this?

[quote]four60 wrote:
I Just don’t understand. The whole wedding drama thing. 10-50 thousand and beyond for a wedding and honeymoon and you may not even own a home. Starving yourself,Is that one day worth all of this?[/quote]

NO

It basically puts them into ketosis, they lose 20lbs in 10 days, largely fat.

If this doesn’t make it into the bodybuilding world, I’ll be shocked.

Why can’t people simple eat mostly real food and exercise a few days a week?

Why is this better than eating 180 grams of protein and some essential fatty acids a day?

[quote]Otto the Ecto wrote:

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:
Bitches be crazy.[/quote]

x over 9000[/quote]

Woman logic thread?

I’ve been thinking about this forever.

Application = FAIL

Idea = Potential for awesomeness

IOW, this in the long run could be pretty bad for people who don’t know how to taper off such restrictions.

I however can think of several times when I was dieting when at the end I was just thinking fuck man another 2 weeks with something like that would be awesome. I would imagine I would be rich and not needing to leave my house if I had that done. Secondly I would be having vitamin therapy while doing it.

[quote]four60 wrote:
I Just don’t understand. The whole wedding drama thing. 10-50 thousand and beyond for a wedding and honeymoon and you may not even own a home. Starving yourself,Is that one day worth all of this?[/quote]

I don’t think that men are capable of understanding how women view weddings. I have only begun planning mine with my fiance and I already know it is going to cost a lot more than the number you quoted, and I don’t even care if we have a wedding or just go to a JOP. The important thing to me is that I am married to her. To her on the other hand, this is her day to have everything the way she wants, gets to be the center of attention, and gets to show everyone she knows that she has found her perfect match. Basically, she gets to be a princess for one day, which I guess is why they go crazy planning these things and doing stuff like in the OP.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

I don’t think that men are capable of understanding how women view weddings. I have only begun planning mine with my fiance and I already know it is going to cost a lot more than the number you quoted, and I don’t even care if we have a wedding or just go to a JOP. The important thing to me is that I am married to her. To her on the other hand, this is her day to have everything the way she wants, gets to be the center of attention, and gets to show everyone she knows that she has found her perfect match. Basically, she gets to be a princess for one day, which I guess is why they go crazy planning these things and doing stuff like in the OP.[/quote]
I’ve known two couples who went through exactly this. The weddings were full of schmaltzy ever undying expressions on love eternal…both filed for divorce within six months. Best of luck man.

[quote]MartyMonster wrote:

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

I don’t think that men are capable of understanding how women view weddings. I have only begun planning mine with my fiance and I already know it is going to cost a lot more than the number you quoted, and I don’t even care if we have a wedding or just go to a JOP. The important thing to me is that I am married to her. To her on the other hand, this is her day to have everything the way she wants, gets to be the center of attention, and gets to show everyone she knows that she has found her perfect match. Basically, she gets to be a princess for one day, which I guess is why they go crazy planning these things and doing stuff like in the OP.[/quote]
I’ve known two couples who went through exactly this. The weddings were full of schmaltzy ever undying expressions on love eternal…both filed for divorce within six months. Best of luck man.[/quote]

HAHA no doubt, the bigger the show the more insane the pony.

so basically, V-Diet w/feeding tube. Why not just do a V-Diet like apprach, save a lot of money… jeebus

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

I’ve known two couples who went through exactly this. The weddings were full of schmaltzy ever undying expressions on love eternal…both filed for divorce within six months. Best of luck man.[/quote]

I’m going to guess that the divorce had nothing to do with the wedding.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

I’m going to guess that the divorce had nothing to do with the wedding.[/quote]

Unless of course, they blew their savings (how many 20-somethings have tens of thousands to spare?) on one day and argued about finances in the aftermath. Money is in fact the #1 reason for divorce in the USA.