Extreme Lower Back Pain

i started having lower back pain 6years agobut the last 12months its got worse.I have unevenly worn lower discs,no fluid between joints,and a curvature of the spine,now i can tstraighten up properly due to pain and also have shooting pains in my lower back and hips which prevents me from working and training,and i can only spend 3hrs in bed.Ive had epidurals but they don t work and have been told they cannot operate.

I take 150mg of tramadol per day and use 25mcg morphine patches,i also use to self medicate using higher doses of tramadol,liquid morphine and alchohol but still the constant pain.I don t fancy spending another 20yrs in this pain,i m 48yrs old,i can t enjoy life or the grand children,can anybody out there help,my docter and nhs are a waste of space

No question low back pain can sideline the body and push up to medications to help alleviate the pain.

My suggestion would be to do low impact movements to increase the blood flow to the hamstrings. hips, pelvis and low and mid back. As a fitness professional I wouldn’t highly suggest pumping a ton of iron, rather I would focus on doing Sun Salutations. These are some movements from Yoga that don’t require any meditation or anything like that. What these will do is help relieve much of your stiffness, pain and limited range of motion.

This won’t get better by itself. It will take a commitment. I once had some low back issues that nearly side lined me and since I implemented Sun Salutations into my daily morning and evening routine (5-10 minutes) is more than enough it has never bothered me again. I’m more flexible, more agile and feel 1000x better.

Hope you’ll find success with this.

[quote]parfittgaz wrote:
i started having lower back pain 6years agobut the last 12months its got worse.I have unevenly worn lower discs,no fluid between joints,and a curvature of the spine,now i can tstraighten up properly due to pain and also have shooting pains in my lower back and hips which prevents me from working and training,and i can only spend 3hrs in bed.Ive had epidurals but they don t work and have been told they cannot operate.

I take 150mg of tramadol per day and use 25mcg morphine patches,i also use to self medicate using higher doses of tramadol,liquid morphine and alchohol but still the constant pain.I don t fancy spending another 20yrs in this pain,i m 48yrs old,i can t enjoy life or the grand children,can anybody out there help,my docter and nhs are a waste of space[/quote]

No question low back pain can sideline the body and push up to medications to help alleviate the pain.

My suggestion would be to do low impact movements to increase the blood flow to the hamstrings. hips, pelvis and low and mid back. As a fitness professional I wouldn’t highly suggest pumping a ton of iron, rather I would focus on doing Sun Salutations. These are some movements from Yoga that don’t require any meditation or anything like that. What these will do is help relieve much of your stiffness, pain and limited range of motion.

This won’t get better by itself. It will take a commitment. I once had some low back issues that nearly side lined me and since I implemented Sun Salutations into my daily morning and evening routine (5-10 minutes) is more than enough it has never bothered me again. I’m more flexible, more agile and feel 1000x better.

Hope you’ll find success with this.

[quote]parfittgaz wrote:

I take 150mg of tramadol per day and use 25mcg morphine patches,i also use to self medicate using higher doses of tramadol,liquid morphine and alchohol but still the constant pain.I don t fancy spending another 20yrs in this pain,i m 48yrs old,i can t enjoy life or the grand children,can anybody out there help,my docter and nhs are a waste of space[/quote]

Thanks for your help boys.I did see a chiropracter a few years ago and also a sports physio they weren t to helpful and were worried they would do more damage.For the past 8months i ve been walking bent over because it s less pain than standing upright,as well as the everyday pain i get shooting pain in my lower back and in my hips and my back locks up.

Could it be a problem with the nerves as well,the pain feels indide the bones and not muscle.I do try to do stretching for my back.I ve been using a very hot water bottle to induce pain to take my mind of my back pain and now my back is mottled from the heat.

I m going to get some liquid morphine and self medicate,i know this is dangerous but i m desperate and need to do something asp because its destroying my life and like the consultant said its going to get worse,i can t see any light at the end of the tunnel.I live in south wales