Extreme HIT vs Killing Fat Routine

I purchased both Killing Fat and Extreme 30-10-30 this week. 55 years old with a significant amount of fat to lose. Will start the Killing Fat eating plan next week. Should I perform the 30-10-30 routine as directed in the Killing Fat book to failure twice per week, or, 3 times per week NOT to failure as
the workouts are laid out in the Extreme HIT program. Or, should I just use the Extreme HIT was the workout plan. Thanks.

I would recommend running both programs/diets as written. Killing Fat is designed around Fat Loss and Extreme HIT 30-10-30 is based more around Muscle gain. You’ll gain muscle while doing Killing Fat but it’s a bit less Total exercise to account for the lower calorie consumption. Take it to failure as written because you need that stronger Hypertrophy stimulus on a set to set basis even more when you’re doing less total work. Switch to Extreme HIT once you’ve gotten to a satisfactory point with your Fat loss and are ready to focus purely on muscle gain. Just my 2 cents. I’ve run both of these and find them most effective when ran in their original printed context.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Ron did you run the Killing Fat program?