T Nation

Extreme Fat Loss - Fasting

Looking for opinions/advises/experiances to my new diet or similar ones. Im 25% bf, 1.8m, 188lbs.

1 diet cycle is 4 days of fasting, followed by 1 day of 4000cals intake.

Ive ran 1 cycle of this so far. Dropped 8lbs, waist from 37inc to 34inc and visable improvements in the mirror.

Sleep is poor (6/7 hours night, but interrupted), feel slugish during the day, anger/temperment is hgih. But nothing serious.

Im currently on day 6 (so 1st fasting day of the 2nd cycle).

Is this healthy?

The fat loss is incredible. I honestly think if i maintained this method i could be at 10& bf in 28 days ( so 6 cycles approx).

If i can elaborate in anyway please ask.

Appreciate input.

Up your refill day to at least 2.5 times the calories. Sleep better. Stop after 2 or 3 cycles. You should be fine.

This is not real life.

although this isn’t exact because on day 8 you are eating another 4000 but…
just looking a a week…
In 7 days you are eating 4000 calories that is like sub 600 calories a day.

This is the dumbbest thing I’ve ever heard. I have got to be missing something?

You can’t be real…

Of course you are rapidly losing fat…and probably muscle…and your sanity.

Stop this nonsense and learn how to diet correctly before you destroy yourself.

only on the 6th day? just sounds like a loss of water bloat

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
only on the 6th day? just sounds like a loss of water bloat[/quote]

After 4 days of no calories it sounds like a lot more than water bloat.

[quote]ChrisOliver wrote:
Looking for opinions/advises/experiances to my new diet or similar ones. Im 25% bf, 1.8m, 188lbs.

1 diet cycle is 4 days of fasting, followed by 1 day of 4000cals intake.

Ive ran 1 cycle of this so far. Dropped 8lbs, waist from 37inc to 34inc and visable improvements in the mirror.

Sleep is poor (6/7 hours night, but interrupted), feel slugish during the day, anger/temperment is hgih. But nothing serious.

Im currently on day 6 (so 1st fasting day of the 2nd cycle).

Is this healthy?

The fat loss is incredible. I honestly think if i maintained this method i could be at 10& bf in 28 days ( so 6 cycles approx).

If i can elaborate in anyway please ask.

Appreciate input.
[/quote]

sounds dumb to me

can you post your current diet before this fasting deal?

[quote]Lakkhamu wrote:
Up your refill day to at least 2.5 times the calories. Sleep better. Stop after 2 or 3 cycles. You should be fine.[/quote]

The sleep is slowly getting better, it isnt intentionally bad lol. Fact is it just takes me an hour or so to drift off.

Will certainly consider upping the calories. or even taking 2 refill days where necessary before starting another 4 day cycle.

Why not look into a PSMF, at least it’s designed to spare lean mass as best as possible and there is quite a bit of literature about the protocol.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Why not look into a PSMF, at least it’s designed to spare lean mass as best as possible and there is quite a bit of literature about the protocol.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/obesity/hic_psmf_diet_program.aspx[/quote]

x2

If you’re going to do something like this, type “Rapid Fatloss Handbook” into Google, so at least you’re doing something that is done intelligently and has been successful for people in the past.

[quote]ChrisOliver wrote:

[quote]Lakkhamu wrote:
Up your refill day to at least 2.5 times the calories. Sleep better. Stop after 2 or 3 cycles. You should be fine.[/quote]

The sleep is slowly getting better, it isnt intentionally bad lol. Fact is it just takes me an hour or so to drift off.

Will certainly consider upping the calories. or even taking 2 refill days where necessary before starting another 4 day cycle. [/quote]

Your extreme approach is stressing the body in at least a few ways – catecholamine release is one such consequence – and that explains your sleep difficulty.

If you’re looking to experiment, by all means continue on.

If you’re looking for fat loss, do as others have suggested and at least follow a properly conceived plan.

(edited)

Sounds like a great way to lose muscle and fuck up your metabolism at the same time

anybody else find that creatine gets them up like 5 times in the night to piss?