Extreme Cardio

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

I can’t even ride for hours, up the mountains, like those guys do so props to him to be able to go through such hardship.[/quote]

Hemopure, EPO and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber to boost red blood cell count helps I’ve heard.

I prefer to take a chairlift up mountains then ski down them. Much easier and more fun. Hardship’s hard.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Barge wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
If he’s a world class cyclist then it makes perfect sense that his body has adapted the way it has. Little to no upper body mass. I’d like to see a leg shot.[/quote]

Looking at some full body shots his legs don’t look to be very big at all.[/quote]

That’s cause he’s an endurance cyclist. Try cycling uphills in the wrong gear for big quads. Here are two Frisco cyclists who ride gearless bikes uphill everyday.[/quote]

That’s good to see because the trails I ride have a lot of uphill portions and obstacles that require a lot of oomph to get over.[/quote]

Me too. Only I ride a motorcycle(Husqvarna TE-510) so it kind of doesn’t do much for my quads. :slight_smile:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Barge wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
If he’s a world class cyclist then it makes perfect sense that his body has adapted the way it has. Little to no upper body mass. I’d like to see a leg shot.[/quote]

Looking at some full body shots his legs don’t look to be very big at all.[/quote]

That’s cause he’s an endurance cyclist. Try cycling uphills in the wrong gear for big quads. Here are two Frisco cyclists who ride gearless bikes uphill everyday.[/quote]

Those are fake pictures. They are ads for the alta single speed bike.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Barge wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Those are fake pictures. They are ads for the alta single speed bike.[/quote]

Wasn’t aware of that. Got a source?

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Barge wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Those are fake pictures. They are ads for the alta single speed bike.[/quote]

Darn

If you goto their site under the pics section, you can see enlarged pics and one of an old out of shape guy with awesome quads.

http://www.altabikes.no/

he needs a serious tan

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
If you goto their site under the pics section, you can see enlarged pics and one of an old out of shape guy with awesome quads.

http://www.altabikes.no/[/quote]

Took a look. Most certainly fake. Not sure how this helps their sales however. Who would want quads the size of oak trees and the upper body of an anorexic?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:

http://www.altabikes.no/[/quote]

Took a look. Most certainly fake. Not sure how this helps their sales however. Who would want quads the size of oak trees and the upper body of an anorexic?[/quote]

Does seem like daft advertising, “buy our bike, it’s really effing difficult and you’ll need quads like a BB to get anywhere”

As for the OP he’s an athelet at the top of his field, I don’t think there are many sports where people in that position are ‘healthy’ look at the heavier powerlifters.

He does seem that he has borderline anorexic personality attributes so maybe he’s an extreme example

Horse jockeys can be worse than this dude.

Those are fake pictures. They are ads for the alta single speed bike.

aw dammit. i just had a moment of inspiration that biking might be the magical answer…

[quote]gregron wrote:
he needs a serious tan[/quote]

He needs to see a dermatologist about those moles first.

he’s a thin guy to start with, but this photo was taken in the 3rd week of the tour dr france, after 14

he’s a guy to start with, plus this photo was taken in the 3rd week of a 21 day stage race, the tour de france, he , like all the others racing probably burn 5000+ calories a day racing the distances and with the speed they cover this distance. its very hard to eat after some of these stages as all you want are fluids a shower and a massage…but you have to eat to keep energy up… weight loss is about 1/2 pound per day for this 3 week race…

and like they been saying these past 100 years, nobody has a better looking body from the waist down than a cyclist.

I’m not sure to what point you can consider cyclists to be athtletes and not junkies. It’s a totally corrupted sport and the angels of death roam free in countries like Spain because the law is very soft with them.

Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes has been involved in doping cases for the last 20 years and he’s still free. He spends a day there and there in jail when he gets arrested, but that’s it.

I have to admit that they are clever. Hiding some drug (forgot the name) inside the bike, with a tube going inside the cloth to the thigh and pressing a button, they get the injection (I have big troubles explaining this in English, sorry).

Or adding a little bit of swine plasma to their blood. Or extracting their own blood at very high heights, where the oxygen density is “maxed”, to then freeze it, keep it until the key points in the tours and then inject it back.

Alberto Contador is one of our “national heroes”, but that Clembuterol case…

Dopping goes one step ahead anti-dopping. We will see when Armstrong finally gets revealed…

^^
I don’t know much about cycling and it’s not of great interest to me, however a relative of mine is a former Tour de France rider and well known journalist and author. He’s very well known in the cycling community so you’ve probably already heard of him. He wrote a book on doping in the cycling world:

Rough Ride - Paul Kimmage

this post isnt about doping, but PK is 100% spot on on everyone in the peloton cheating… awsome read…just make sure you take your masking agent, and you’ll be fine… you’ll be able to keep up with the peloton too!hahaha

most cyclists are lean and ripped, but after a 3 week stage race, a few look like MR in this photo…so hard to explain how gruling and tough this sport is, day after day of intense racing, burning 5000 calories a day…
do a heavy set of squats, and at rep 8-9-10 your legs are really hurting, this is how your legs feel racing, but they feel this way 3-4-5 hours non stop…and it takes a very strong upper body to look so relaxed, at mile 100 of a 120 mile race. you need the whole upper body to be strong. these guys are going so fast, yet they make it look like its an ez warm up ride…
then watch a classic 1 day race where its even tougher faster and harder. not having the luxury of trying to make up tomorrow what you lost today in time… stage races you can do this …1 day races, are amazingly hard…
MR would be 15 pounda heavier racing 1 day races.