T Nation

Extra Virgin Olive Oil Scamming

How bout this.

Buy virgin olive oil instead of Extra virgin.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I am very happy with costco foods. They seem to be of a very high quality. Much better than Sams club. And their prices are hard to beat.[/quote]

you know that almost all of costco’s “kirkland” brand food items are basically just other companies food with Kirkland labels on them? (pretty awesome)

They have a lot of their products produced in the same facilities w/the same ingredients/recipes that other big name companies use.

Fun Fact: Kirkland Signature Vodka is basically Grey Goose and is quite a bit cheaper than Grey Goose… Same recipe and same distillery in France.[/quote]

I nearly buy exclusively from Costco. Protein, multi, fish oil, a GDA… is they sold dextrose and other supplements, I’d be set

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
How bout this.

Buy virgin olive oil instead of Extra virgin. [/quote]

Apparently we already are.

That’s it, I’m going to costco!

Let Don Corleone teach you how to check your EVOO…

It should be greenish color, more green than yellow. It should also be a bit thick, if it’s not viscous, it’s shit. The taste should be a tiny bit gritty and peppery. I go with Trader Joe’s Sicilian Olive Oil. It’s actually from Sicily, which is great because they are more isolated and there is less chance of government/business intervention and fuckery.

Kinda sad to see shit like this, no self-respecting Italian would promote this shit.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I am very happy with costco foods. They seem to be of a very high quality. Much better than Sams club. And their prices are hard to beat.[/quote]

you know that almost all of costco’s “kirkland” brand food items are basically just other companies food with Kirkland labels on them? (pretty awesome)

They have a lot of their products produced in the same facilities w/the same ingredients/recipes that other big name companies use.

Fun Fact: Kirkland Signature Vodka is basically Grey Goose and is quite a bit cheaper than Grey Goose… Same recipe and same distillery in France.[/quote]

I nearly buy exclusively from Costco. Protein, multi, fish oil, a GDA… is they sold dextrose and other supplements, I’d be set[/quote]

I had to do a presentation about Costco. They pride themselves on quality products. They actually have very good wines as well.