Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Shake?

Any downsides to this at all? I figured it would taste like crap surprisingly it just made things a little more bland and tasteless… but not completely…
Better to do straight? What the dilly-o? :slight_smile:
Thanks

Extra light flavor.

No downsides, really. Plus, it’s excellent for bulking.

yarr thats why i purchased it :slight_smile:
Thanks… good to know there is no harmful effects of combining it :slight_smile:

No downside at all. If you have it with a pre-bed shake, it will be really good cause the fat will help slow the absorption.

I personally just do the shake and a shot of olive oil cause mixing it just tastes funny to me. Chocolate Metabolic Drive: tastes great. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: tastes great. Combining the two: not so much.

Yeah, I put a few tablespoons of it into a shake and add about 400 more calories to it that way. I don’t even notice a difference in taste. Try taking a couple shots of it. That’s an experience.

Have mine straight or in fruit & protein smoothies. Doesn’t hurt taste, improves texture.

Sample:
Frozen berries (straw-, blue-, or mixed)
OJ concentrate
Apple juice
Olive Oil

That’s the base. Then I’ll add some or all of the following:

walnuts
cinnamon
flax
whey protein
plain yoghurt
raw eggs (at your own risk, buddy)
ground up vitamins/glucosamine (haven’t done this in awhile)

Pretty damn tasty. Think it might go better w/fruit than chocolate, but I’ve not tried the latter. Usually take above in morning or PWO – wouldn’t eat all that fruit at night.

Hmmm adding it to fruit smoothies sounds like an interesting idea.
HA! yeah definitely at my own risk, I’m allergic to eggs :frowning:

Thanks for the ideas :slight_smile:

Only downside is if you put too much, it can give you the runs. Trust me.

I usually have trouble if I put two tablespoons in one shake but no trouble with just one.

I don’t like the taste. I prefer to add EVcoconut oil in protein shakes. But I get plently of EVOO other meals.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
I don’t like the taste. I prefer to add EVcoconut oil in protein shakes. But I get plently of EVOO other meals.[/quote]

Agreed, but I add coconut milk to my fruit smoothies, it’s awesome.

I asked this in the t-cell version of this thread but didn’t get a response.

What’s the difference between using olive oil and vegetable oil?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

What’s the difference between using olive oil and vegetable oil?[/quote]

Type of fats.

I don’t like the taste. I prefer to add EVcoconut oil in protein shakes. But I get plently of EVOO other meals.[/quote]

I’ve been thinking about getting coconut oil for a while now. I believe it’s solid at room temperature, right? So how’s that work out adding it to the shake? Do you heat it or what? Seems like everybody whose tried it liked it.

LankyMofo wrote:

What’s the difference between using olive oil and vegetable oil?

Type of fats.[/quote]

To my knowledge, vegetable oils are all oils extracted from plants, so that would mean olive oil itself is a vegetable oil…

:wink:

Apart from that, yes, there’s a difference in the fatty acid profiles. Other vegetable oils contain ample omega-6 fatty acids while olive oil is mainly monounsaturated fat.

[quote]SolidGround wrote:

I’ve been thinking about getting coconut oil for a while now. I believe it’s solid at room temperature, right? So how’s that work out adding it to the shake? Do you heat it or what? Seems like everybody whose tried it liked it.[/quote]

I spoon out a table spoon and mush it slightly and stick it in a blender. If I melt it, it tends to stick to the sides of my blender. Be aware there some cheaper brands thaat taste awful. I take Barlean’s.