Extra Calories

What are some good options to add healthy calories to your diet without wasting extra time in the kitchen?

Or are there any?

Good dark chocolate

Some flax seeds or oil to your shake

Biotest Metabolic Drive Bars

String cheese

[quote]GhostNtheSystem wrote:
What are some good options to add healthy calories to your diet without wasting extra time in the kitchen?

Or are there any?[/quote]

The reason I ask is because I could only find a few things at the grocery store that seemed decent and many required significant preparation. Among these were ground beef, chicken breast, boiled shrimp, rice, canned vegetables, fresh fruit. That’s really all I found. It seemed like most everything else was junk. BTW I can’t eat tuna or cottage cheese so those were ruled out. I checked out yogurt, but it was all rather high in sugar. Perhaps there’s a specific type of yogurt to look for?

[quote]PGA wrote:
Good dark chocolate

String cheese[/quote]

String cheese? That’s healthy?

[quote]PGA wrote:
Good dark chocolate

String cheese[/quote]

Dark chocolate was a suggestion I would not have thought of. I’ll have to look more into that, although I know chocolate is loaded with theobromine which is a mood stimulant. Not sure how much of that would be too much.

nuts, all sorts of nuts, assuming you don’t have any allergies (like me, which blows, I miss almonds). They’re very dense, require no preparation, and are pretty easy to carry around with you. For a treat, mix em up with some raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and pieces of that dark chocolate mentioned above like trail mix.

veggies… smeared in peanut butter!

Yeah, I do have nut allergies; especially to peanuts. But I can eat sunflower seeds and walnuts ok. Is the high fat content not too big of a deal?

Guacamole! If you don’t want to peel and smash avocados yourself, you can find it frozen at Trader Joe’s and Costco. Basically just avocado and seasonings. Might want to check the sodium content if you’re supposed to be eating low sodium.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
Guacamole! If you don’t want to peel and smash avocados yourself, you can find it frozen at Trader Joe’s and Costco. Basically just avocado and seasonings. Might want to check the sodium content if you’re supposed to be eating low sodium.[/quote]

Guacamole is gross. You might as well eat baby shit.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t hold back – tell us how you really feel.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
dragonmamma wrote:
Guacamole! If you don’t want to peel and smash avocados yourself, you can find it frozen at Trader Joe’s and Costco. Basically just avocado and seasonings. Might want to check the sodium content if you’re supposed to be eating low sodium.

[/quote]

I like guacamole!

Try hummus.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Try hummus.[/quote]

Now thats nasty, along with pesto.

You can get plain yogurt with low/no sugar. Some have splenda and those kinds tastes pretty good. I add 1/2 cup to my morning shake.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Try hummus.

Now thats nasty, along with pesto.[/quote]

I love hummus with the spicy peppers in it.

Good stuff.

Buy a feeding tube,hook it up to canister.
Put canister in bag pack,put whole milk and whey powder with bananas and cream in canister. Drink from tube,enjoy.