Extended Work Hours, Keeping LBM

The refinery I work at will be shutting down several process units for maintenance starting next week. I will be working 12 hours a day(6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)/ seven days a week for 5-6 weeks. I will be working outside for most of this duration.

My problem is, when I work outside whether at work or home in the heat (It’s almost 90 degress here already in March) I tend to lose my appetite.

To top it off, we are required to wear a flame retardant suit (long sleeve/ long pants), hard hat, saftey glasses, safety boots, radio, and gloves if needed. All of this extra weight and clothing makes it seem 10 degress hotter.

I usually lose about 8-10 pounds during a shut down from all of the physical activity (NEPA) and loss of appetite through exhaustion.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I could at least maintain LBM during this time?

If you have a similar work schedule, how do you keep what you’ve got?

Thanks for any replies.

Protein shakes, branched-chain amino acids and daily bodyweight workouts (if no access to weights).

This is a very intense work schedule. The most important thing is to stay hydrated under these conditions. Try to get as much calories as possible with your water breaks. Drink sports drinks for the added calories. If you can get some protein in there as well go for it. A Surge type drink may be ideal. I disagree with doing any workouts on this schedule. You will need to eat, relax, and sleep as much as possible to maintain lbm. Eat a BIG breakfast.