Extended 5/3/1 Program

I’ve been doing the 5/3/1 for a few years now and I’ve been thinking about trying a different time frame. I’ve been doing the following layout

Week 1: 5+
Week 2: 3+
Week 3: 1+
Week 4: 5+ (at 50%) then restart

I’m thinking about changing the time frame to do a full cycle on each rep range. I was wondering if anyone has ever done anything similar or had any feedback. Pro’s, con’s, I’m gonna lose all my progress, any feedback?

Week 2: 5+
Week 3: 5+
Week 4: 5+ (at 50%)

Week 1: 3+
Week 3: 3+
Week 4: 3+ (at 50%)

Week 3: 1+
Week 4: 5+ (at 50%)

I don’t understand what the question is?
So you do one cycle of 5s PRO, one of 3s PRO, then one of 1s pro?

Why?

That’s basic block periodization.

You are doing 4 weeks of 5’s, 4 weeks of 3’s, and then 4 weeks ramping up. Nothing ground breaking at all.

Just depends on what your goals are really.

We need a bit of clarification here I think:

Are you doing like what dagill2 stated, which is just adjusting your minimum reps from cycle to cycle? Or are you just keeping your percentage scheme the same on every workout for each cycle?

Example:

4 Week Cycle 1: 65% x 5, 75% x 5, 85% x 5+ for all workouts

4 Week Cyle 2: 70% x 3, 80% x 3, 90% x 3+ for all workouts

4 Week Cycle 3: Standard 5/3/1 cycle

Have a look at Forever 5/3/1. Leaders/Anchors are a great way to periodise your training.

I think if you keep up with the program you suggest, you will not lose progress. However, I would think doing the exact same thing for several weeks could lead to a loss of motivation, which could then lead to stalled progress. Are you doing this to try something different? If so, why not pick up the Forever book (if you don’t have it) and choose one of the many programs that is undoubtably different than what you currently do.