Exposing Former Employer, Advice?

[quote]hedo wrote:
Contact the office in your state that regulates vets and animal shelters. You are far more likely to get action from them then from the media. If a vet was involved they also have a professional liscencing board that oversees them.

The regulatory folks can also fine them and shut them down. The news media can just bitch.[/quote]

I told the owner to call the city animal services. She can give them more information than I can. If she won’t do it, I will, but I’m waiting to hear from her.

P.S. I’ve also emailed the state health department’s animal control division and I’m waiting to hear from them too.

Wait…so people board there dogs at this place and when they come back to get them, they are dead?

How the fuck are they not getting sued out the ass if this has happened to 3 people?

How are they even still in business after that? It doesn’t make any sense.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Wait…so people board there dogs at this place and when they come back to get them, they are dead?

How the fuck are they not getting sued out the ass if this has happened to 3 people?

How are they even still in business after that? It doesn’t make any sense.

[/quote]

Two of the dogs were rescue dogs, since the place runs a shelter too, so there was no accountability. This is the first dog in a while that’s been a client’s dog.

But yeah, it makes no sense. I HOPE this lady is suing.

Duck in cover

Just got this email (from the client):

“The owner’s wife called me. She was crying and wanted to know what she could do to help with this situation. Monetarily. Who are you?”

Go talk to a lawyer, some lawyers will give you a free half hour consult.

As far as I know, if the law requires you to tell on this former boss, than you cannot be sued for doing your legal duty.

Also, if you are paranoid, you can give all the info to the media anonymously.

Perhaps the best idea would be to get someone to get themselves hired there and make video, take pics of internal documents secretly. These guys sound like they are expert at covering their asses. This way you have hard evidence for the media and serious protection in case of a lawsuit.

Good job sticking up for the animals. I can imagine that it takes some degree of bravery to stand up to an asshole boss. It needed to be done.

One thing though: If you’re going to get help from an organization, go to the ASPCA for help, not PETA. The ASPCA would be able to help you just as much, and they aren’t completely insane like the average PETArd.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Just got this email (from the client):

“The owner’s wife called me. She was crying and wanted to know what she could do to help with this situation. Monetarily. Who are you?”[/quote]

so the lady with the dead dog was called by the owner of the dog rescue’s wife wondering if she could pay off the lady to stay quiet?

If you know these bastards are heartless then tell her that the lady is just pandering to her emotions and they dont give a shit about her dog they just want her to stay quiet. I’m sure she will realize that the just thing to do is come out against these assholes. To bad you cant go into work and get some harder evidence but i think you’re safe even if you expose yourself as well. go tlak to a lawyer.

-chris