Explosive Work for Older Lifters

CT I am 55 years old and have been training for over 40 years. I have been doing your layers for the past couple of months and made very good progress. I had never done explosive work before, but I am enjoying the high pulls and the DSB Launch. what are your thoughts on this type of workout for older lifters. Are you training anyone of my age or older in this way?

[quote]al brown wrote:
CT I am 55 years old and have been training for over 40 years. I have been doing your layers for the past couple of months and made very good progress. I had never done explosive work before, but I am enjoying the high pulls and the DSB Launch. what are your thoughts on this type of workout for older lifters. Are you training anyone of my age or older in this way? [/quote]

Yes, I work and have worked with a lot of older individuals. I honestly believe that moving explosively keeps the body young (neurologically and hormonally). I remember when I was training as an olympic lifter we had two master lifers training with us. One was 69 and the world champion in his age/weight class with a 275lbs clean & jerk and 200lbs snatch at a bodyweight of 170lbs… his partner was 67, could power clean 225 for reps and did sprints after every olympic lifting session. He looked better than many guys 40 years younger!

al
dont mean to intrude.
im almost 55, been training on and off for 40 yrs also. and as far as im concerned, ct is training me.
dunno if this helps you att all, but thats the way i look at it.

ct is my training coach, and cs is my nutrition coach. and Biotest is my supplement provider.
and even though i have never met them, or had a verbal conversation with them, they have shown me more than anyone ever has.
and i have some competitive and coaching background.
thats some package. dont you think?
all the best to you.

My old workout partner is Martin Monthomerty who is a 12 time world power lifting champion …at 165 he still does over 500lbs for his Deadlift @ 70 years old…he works on being explosive …that’s over 3 times his BW at 70…you’d never look at him and think he’s anywhere near 70…just thought I’d share