Explosive training

Has anyone written anything about expolsiveness? Me and some friends are trying to be as explosive as we can so I was wondering if there were any books or articles about it. We’re doing a lot of power cleans and a sprint workout now.

See Dave Tate’s articles and Elite Fitness website.

Yeah, I’ve read a lot about westside training, I was wondering if anyone had other ideas or recommendations.

do some overhead squats, and then Snatches.

Are you guys athletes? If so what sport(s) do you’ll play?

ADD PLYOMETRICS INTO YOUR WORKOUT. THEY HELP ALOT. WE DID THEM IN COMBINATION WITH WEIGHT TRAINING FOR A “VERTICAL LEAP” CLASS FOR BASKETBALL.

Boxcar (Willy)…Paul Delia, Skip LaLaLaCour and Jeff Willet (and all the crew at AST) talk about explosiveness all the time…that’s the way to activate the big fibers, my friend, the white ones, the ones labeled IIb, the ones that are most suceptible to get ya huge! Also, the good Doc, Freddy Hatfield talks about lifting explosively with the big weights.

Thanks for the input guys. I played soccer in HS, the other guys played football/baseball. We’re interested in playing rugby next year as a club sport at our school, so we thought we’d do some explosive training.