Explaining TRT to Wife

You won’t need an ai. Your doctor is a smart man if he actually realized estrogen is beneficial.

2 Likes

I will say, that one thing to look out for is that jealousy over body changes can occur. Men seem to already have an advantage, and throw in steady high T levels (on a guy with historically low levels), and recomp can be quite impressive. My wife comments how she doesn’t think it is fair that I get to inject myself to a better body.

2 Likes

Tell her to grab a needle!

Some of the stories in here are wild.

Plenty of guys inject and look like shit bro. Even guys who lift look like shit on TRT. The guys who look fantastic work really hard. I’m sure you know that. Most others outside the TRT circle do not

1 Like

Well, I have hung around powerlifting circles. Some of those ladies, you wouldn’t know were women if you talked to them on the phone.

I would be okay with my wife using test when she gets to menopause, but she is a long way from that (hopefully).

For sure. A big advantage with AAS is that you can recover from more work. More work implies exactly that more work, and most don’t want to do it.

I am busting my balls in the gym to look a certain way. Many think they work harder than they do, until they workout with someone who is actually working hard. Next workout for me is as follows:

Bench 10x10 225 lbs
Narrow Bench 5x10 215 lbs
Chins 5x8 bodyweight
Tricep Extension 4X12
Cable row 4X12
Flat DB bench 4x15

I am probably forgetting a lift. This is a high volume phase for me (I don’t always do such high volume). Doing 10 sets of 10 on squats is a test of mental toughness for sure. Every session I am doing 10x10 on a main powerlifting movement.

2 Likes

Yup I’m right there with you. I can’t lift with the guys at the gym because they wait so long. I would feel like it’s just social hour. I think all these acquaintances at the gym think I’m a loaner. They ask me to lift with them, but I’m not waiting lol.

My lifts are similar. I just have less rest between sets. I also do allot of drop sets and different variations of a drop set.

Man your chest workout there is helll :slight_smile:

@realestrealist I have the PERFECT video for you. The first video I ever did. I went through exactly what you’re going through. If your wife watches this with you, you’re golden.

Hope this helps!

Also to mention, my E2 was 12 when I started and I had gyno. It sits around 60 these days and gyno is virtually non existent.

1 Like

on a drug that you need to achieve elections and have a libido? A drug that is naturally created and used in your body that you are deficient in? Just tell her to say that outloud a few times. If she doesn’t “get it” then there are bigger problems.

Edit. I used the word drug because that was the wife/ops wording. Obviously T isn’t a drug but it sounds like she wouldn’t want to hear that

1 Like

Splitting hairs here, but in his case I’d stay away from the word “drug”. The human body does not produce drugs. I suppose being a prescription item and also a controlled substance puts a different spin on it. Maybe explain that it is like women going through menopause and restoring hormones to young person levels.

3 Likes

How about having her go with you when you have your next appointment? I have couples in all the time and this is a real issue with marriages at risk. This would be good for her to hear from someone else who is in this field, and doing this for a living. Also, it’s a good opportunity for her to address any concerns, ask questions and get answers. It’s important. I’ve thought about, have not done it and probably won’t, requiring the spouse to come in when I report labs results and go over options.

1 Like

Shoot me.

What does that mean?

Perfect! I have watched some of your videos, this one is really helpful. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Just put me out of my misery before dragging my wife in to talk about my hormones. I wanna go just like Old Yeller.

I see, yeah, that’s not for everyone and I would never make it a requirement. I am happy to see it when both are in the office though. I’ve had guys quit because the wife couldn’t handle the increased libido, or didn’t want to. There are some paying in cash (who does that anymore?) because they don’t want the wife to know, probably other things (women) they don’t want her to know as well.

I’ve had wives call me telling me to take their husbands off, and going into details sexually. I’ve had guys that wanted TRT not do it because the wife was against it. I’ve even had a couple ex-husbands call over the now ex-wife’s promiscuity telling me “that’s not her”. It’s not boring. Generally, complete and open communication is best.

1 Like