Explain Genetic Potential

First of all ,its about me, i have a poor budget and i cant afford even supplements to take (i barely eat like 1g/1,5g protein per day) ,this will limits my progress capacity for sure (dont think bad of me cuz im poor ,i wish i could be a spoiled brat but im not ,probably il take over in few months and i can afford everything i need.

But what about ultimate limitation of your genetic potential? Like ,reaching the limits in future in about 20 years or so on, does it matter if you train like shit with shit diet and no supplements till a point? will this limit the capacity of your genetic potential in future? or the body will reach the same genetic potential in future regardless of how you started powerlifting ,with shit diet and no supplements or what so ever.

For example ,even if you grow lets say around 35-40% in strength than u should with good diet and all supplements u need, training for 5 years for example (no ofc ,i wont be poor 5 years ,is just an example), this will just bring me faster to my ultimate genetic potential in around 20-30 years? or it will make my genetic potential go further? (is like wasting time wasting your genetic potential if train with not proper diet and supplements, you know what i wanna say)

I hope you understand ^^, this is the most important question for me, i bet most of you have no idea about this as i dont even image what can be behind this question. So im willing to bet that surely there is someone here in this forum who can suggest or use his thoughts to answer this question

I bet you’d be alot closer to your goals if you spent as much time training as you do posting these ridiculous threads.

Either Google the answer yourself, or just train hard and don’t sweat the small stuff. Stop over-thinking, over-analyzing, and under-working.

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory, kid.

This is now me every time I see one of your threads.

Please ,troll some where else, i am not wasting time like you guys do ,i am very serious and i am very concerned about this.

AND trust me on this ,i am training way harder than you can imagine lol, this is just a forum where you can ask everything you want ,considering your ridiculous posts, you’re way worse than i am ,now shhhhhhUUUUUUUU!!!

You are irritating everyone. Go read a book. Or ask these questions on that other bodybuilding forum that is full of beginners just like you.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
You are irritating everyone. Go read a book. Or ask these questions on that other bodybuilding forum that is full of beginners just like you.[/quote]

i guess you are a pro since birth
At least im a beginner with potential, that could overcome someone selfish like you easy, if you dont want to help ,then don’t post ,you dont have to make my day nasty ,make yours!

By this point I’m pretty sure you’re a well thought out and conceived troll.

Genetic potential?? Let me tell you about it:

It’s something you don’t fucking worry about and just keep lifting.

/thread

[quote]Acrophobia13 wrote:
I bet you’d be alot closer to your goals if you spent as much time training as you do posting these ridiculous threads.

Either Google the answer yourself, or just train hard and don’t sweat the small stuff. Stop over-thinking, over-analyzing, and under-working.

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory, kid. [/quote]
I highly recommend you invoke this. Save the thinking for when gains stop. The experience will take care of everything it encompasses.

I did commited a crime if i asked a question?
All i care is the answer at this question ,not “go google” ,“go buy a book” ,“troll somewhere else” and so on

[quote]Razetsu wrote:
I did commited a crime if i asked a question?
All i care is the answer at this question ,not “go google” ,“go buy a book” ,“troll somewhere else” and so on[/quote]
Because you first need to understand what you’re asking. You need to think about the basic principle of a limit. A limit is the maximum of a domain applied to continuity. Life is too messy from a local perspective to calculate everything needed. Even then you’d have to replicate the same genotype over and over and over again through the same environment with the same feed. It’s just not something you can do in real life. It’s like trying to take the picture of the front of a moving bus while your foot. You can’t keep up with it. What if you didn’t wear the best possible footwear? What if you have a cramp because you’re low on electrolytes? What if you get a hit by a car? See where I’m going with this. There’s too many variables and then variables within those variables. Even the number of constants can cause problems. Just lift, man. Read, watch, and learn as much as you’d like, but everything that you’ll ever truly need will come from your time under the bar.

I think this thread is ridiculous, but I do have some thoughts on the subject.

If you train your ass off, eat right, etc from age 20 to age 30, you will likely see better results than if you do the same from age 30-40. Basically, I’m saying people age, lol. This isn’t exactly breaking news, but it seems relevant. Once you get into your later years, muscle gains will become more difficult, and eventually maintaining what you have will be next to impossible if you live long enough.

Supplements are a luxury, but not necessary, and are not likely to affect overall progress in terms of reaching potential in a significant way.

Training and diet are not supplements. They do matter. If you train and eat like shit, as you mentioned in your OP, it will take you longer to reach your potential, and yes, by the time you hit 40, your potential is likely to be less than what it was when you were 25. This is all assuming no steroids. Steroids change the question in a profound way.

We induce muscle growth through the training effect, our dietary intake, and hormones. Naturally, you only have control over 2 of these. I would suggest utilizing the tools you have available to maximize gains. If the only one you can do well is train hard, at least do that. Be creative on the diet. Eggs and milk are cheap. So are vegetables. And all of those are more important than expensive supplements.

I will answer all of your questions but you have to promise to not ask anymore after that. If you do the community will shun you

How much do you weigh? Let’s assume for the sake of argument you weigh 175 ( and i’m guessing this is very generous). A gallon of whole milk costs 2.59 where I live. It has 128 g protein and a total of 2560 cals. Go to the store, buy one, and drink all of it, today. Eat some other food too, but you won’t need much. Or, for simplicity, buy two gallons and drink both of them. Two gallons equates to over 5000 calories, 256g of protein ( over 1.5g / lb bw), plenty of carbs to keep you going, and shit tons of calcium, vitamin D and potassium. If you’re worried about other vitamins, take a multi. (If you can’t afford 5$ of food a day and you can’t buy a 15$ bottle of vitamins every 6 months, you shouldn’t even be able to afford a computer). With that level of caloric intake, you should easily be able to squat > 3 times a week (as per your other post) and do whatever the fuck else you think is impossible training wise.

Let’s say for the sake of argument that you are 16 years old (again this is very generous). You are in the prime of your life. You have the greatest capacity to put on lean mass RIGHT NOW. You want to know what genetics is? As all human beings approach middle age, THEY ARE GENTICALLY PROGRAMMED TO DECLINE IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE AND RECOVERY UNTIL THEY DIE. IF YOU ARE NOT LIFTING WEIGHTS RIGHT NOW YOU ARE WASTING YOUR GENETIC POTENTIAL TO GAIN MUSCLE MASS. that’s all you need to know about genetics

go eat some cheap whole food and lift some fucking weights

Also, this forum is not the appropriate place for your questions. The best place is the beginner’s section, I highly recommend you read and write in the threads there. They can be very helpful. I don’t mean this in a negative way at all, that’s just where topics like this should be.

Biological Answer To Your Question : Nobody knows. The field of genetics is not nearly advanced enough to make any accurate claims.

Psychological Answer To Your Question : People asking about genetic potential are looking for a ceiling to place upon themselves, before they even try, in order to avoid the cognitive dissonance associated with being a little BITCH

Religious Answer To Your Question : Through God, all things are possible. “I can do all this, through him who gives me stregnth” - Phil 4:13.

Economic Answer To Your Question : The marginal cost of starting this thread clearly exceeds the marginal benefit. The opportunity cost of actually lifting weights rather than wasting time on the internet indicates a lack of rationality in how you disperse your time/labor.

Philosophical Answer To Your Question : A limit is merely a preconceived notion created by what has been. But what has been, mustnt always indicate what will be, as if this were true, change and time itself would be nonexistent.

Multiverse Theory Answer To Your Question : You cannot squat more than 300 pounds in this universe, but with each decision to drink protein and stop being a little bitch, a new universe is created. So it depends on which universe you choose in the multiverse, assuming you are remaining in the 3rd dimension.

Meathead Answer : Shut the fuck up and squat

what everyone is trying to get through to you is dont worry about all the shit you are worrying about. If you do not eat well or train well you will never sniff your “genetic potential”

“genetic potential” is a fucking excuse. If you are not at least a master/elite level lifter you do not need to concern yourself with this. Even then the best always seem to find ways to push the limits of what is thought to be “genetic limits”

What you need to be concerned about is you shit dietary habits and lack of understanding of programming. If you do not fix this you A) do not give a shit about your goal and will not do what it takes to reach it and B) if you try to give yourself the excuse that you are at your genetic limit you will never get to where you want to be because you will just say “im at my genetic limit”

The top level athletes in any sport do not concern themselves with limits they push the limits.

When you say potential, a newborn baby has more potential than me or you or anybody. If you want to look at it like that, with these self limiting factors in place, why bother? Find out what your potential is, Im sure it wont be an easy task, but no one ever reached “potential” without hard work.

MKAY thanks for telling me to post in beginner section ,i didnt knew it

but honestly ,some of you guys are bad bitches who dont like to help anyone, u should had shut the fuck up instead posting rude things and giveme advice or at least told me about that earlier, stop being badass behind dah monitor and give a hand to someone whos asking for help, this way noone will have a grudge against you

I always knew people are bitches and they like to talk trash instead helping/giving advice and so on ,but ul just waste time doing this and being even way worse than the one who asked for the respective advice.

[quote]Razetsu wrote:

but honestly ,some of you guys are bad bitches who dont like to help anyone, u should had shut the fuck up instead posting rude things and giveme advice or at least told me about that earlier, stop being badass behind dah monitor and give a hand to someone whos asking for help, this way noone will have a grudge against you

I always knew people are bitches and they like to talk trash instead helping/giving advice and so on ,but ul just waste time doing this and being even way worse than the one who asked for the respective advice.[/quote]
What are you talking about?

[quote]Razetsu wrote:

I always knew people are bitches and they like to talk trash instead helping/giving advice and so on ,but ul just waste time doing this and being even way worse than the one who asked for the respective advice.[/quote]

The best advice anyone can give you–and the answer to most of your questions–is to not over-analyze your training and simply put in at least one year’s worth of work before you start worrying about things like your genetic potential.

Just do the best you can on a good beginner’s program. Allow questions to emerge once issues come up in your training. You’re pulling the cart before the horse here by asking questions that aren’t of any consequence to you. You don’t need to worry about higher-frequency squatting until squatting more than once per week is a necessary amendment to your current training program. You don’t need to worry about equipment until there is a need in your training to go out and purchase something. And you don’t need to worry about your genetic potential until you feel like you’re even remotely close to reaching it.

I’m not trying to be rude to you. You can pout and call me a bitch if that’s what you choose to do, but the best help you can get (if it’s help that you want) is to hear from someone that many of your questions should be reserved from when you really need the information.

Do the best you can for as long as you can train. Do the best you can in all aspects of your life. If you do this, then you don’t need to ask a question like this.

Regardless, the chances that you–or anyone else on this board–reaches his or her “genetic potential” are pretty slim. There are always five more pounds to be found, somehow.

Haha we are bitches because we wont spoon feed your pathetic ass and have sympathy for you because your poor. Boo fucking hoo. Man the fuck up and sell your lap top, cell phone, and probably the newest game console and maybe you could afford some food for the few months. Stop crying and worrying about genetic potential because you don’t have all the protein in the world. There are plenty of athletes around the world who don’t have access to loads of protein packed foods and have made amazing progress and and broken records eating basically bread and potatoes ( thknk Russians back in 60-70s ). Put some effort in and lift be consistant and give it all you have and just maybe you will make of some where.