T Nation

Experts: Question About CW's

Hey guys.

I'm currently doing CW's "The Waterbury Method" and I want to add in his high-frequency "Booster Shots" program. I was somewhat unclear about the article so I will post my questions here.

1.) I'm interested in hitting my whole body. Can I do this? Or do I have to pick just a few muscles? For example, could I do exercises that target my biceps, triceps, back, shoulders, pecs, abs, legs, calves and forearms? Or is that too much?

2.) For the purposes of this program, should I be doing iso's to hit these muscle groups or compounds?

(If I were using compounds, I would be hitting some muscle groups more than 100 reps per session. This is what confuses me. For example, if I were doing a narrow-grip bench press to hit my tri's, I would also be working out my pecs, as well. Then, later, once I had done my pec exercise, my overall amount of reps that had hit my pecs would be about 200, rather than 100.

Wouldn't this mess sht up?)

3.) What do you all consider the best forearm exercises?

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen.

Here's the link for the "Booster Shots" program: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1063194

1) pick A SINGLE body part for the booster shots, not all of them. The idea is to bring up a LAGGING body part. If you're whole body is LAGGING then that's another issue.

2) #1's answer should answer #2. Since you're only doing ONE body part for the booster shot. it's not an issue. I'd suggest hitting up the compounds to get a little more all around bang for your training buck (since of course you seem to want/need to bring up everything).

3) Deadlifts, weighted chinups/pullups. Using a thicker bar than normal can help too by challenging your grip more. Also, you could get some grippers like the "captains of crush" or somethin like that.

Thanks for the reply!

Are you sure, though, man? I'm not sure you're right. All the way back to the gym to work one bodypart?

His article seems to say you can work more than one.

Look at what he wrote:

"First, you must determine your weakest (smallest) BODY PARTS [this is plural]. From a hypertrophy standpoint, what body partS need the most work? ...

Once you've determined your weak points, make a list. Let's say it's your quads, chest, deltoids, and biceps. So your TWO MUSCLE BOOSTING WORKOTUS WILL WORK THOSE MUSCLE GROUPS." [again, this is plural]

And then slightly further down:

"I want you to choose two different movements for EACH OF THOSE BODY PARTS."

He also writes: "Rest for 3 minutes and move TO THE NEXT exercise."

So, I think it's clear that one is supposed to work more than one muscle group with this plan. How many, though, and what about question 2(see above)?

Actually, I just pulled this up. Chad wrote this awhile back in answer to a question:

"Generally, there is no limit to how many body parts you can train with this workout. But realistically, there really is a limit. How's that for conflicting advice?

You see, my clients and I often do this workout for every body part - and I mean EVERY body part. For instance, I start with my anterior tibialis muscles and work my way all the way up to my delts. But for some, this would be too much. My advice is to hit the body parts that need the most work. Over time, add in another body part, or two."

How many muscle groups can I start with? This is what confuses me. Is 3 or 4 too many?

Too many is the number which tips you over into overtraining, or has you at the gym so often the rest of your life is falling to pieces. In other words, knock yourself out: do 10 body parts, if you want. If that number turns out to destroy your body or your life, scale back.