GOAL - to drop 2Ibs of fat per week from now until January:
(1) Although the accepted wisdom is to lose no more than 1-2 Ibs per week of flab over the cutting cycle, am I right in thinking that, as an experienced trainer, my first week of cutting will drop closer to 5Ibs of fat, falling to 1-2Ibs thereafter? I do about 20 miles of walking in my job, so I can probably dispense with the cardio until a few weeks in;
(2) How many stomach crunches should I do per session? Like anyone else, I want to gain strength and (in time) definition here, but not size;
(3) Muscle mass - as an experienced bulker, I seem to have ‘muscle memory’, which means that, even after long periods without training, my muscles can be nearly back to peak size within a matter of weeks. Is this usual in people with long training histories?
(4) Shoulder cartilage - I’m hearing some faint clicking noises in my shoulders, I used to train them heavily in my 20’s. Any chance I’ve lost the cartilige in them?
(5) Total body workouts - I hear they are the best for cutting! Is this true, and if so, how do you avoid overtraining?
Thanks in advance,