Experiment Thread

Just found an interesting thread over there. Thought I’d share it with some of you guys who don’t visit other sites. Some of us young bucks can learn a thing or two.:D.

So…lifting a lot of weight for reps will lead to hypertrophy…

Well I’ll be damned.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:

Well I’ll be damned.[/quote]
You’d be surprised by how many people here don’t get that simple truth or at least ignore it when setting up their training.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
That One Guy wrote:

Well I’ll be damned.
You’d be surprised by how many people here don’t get that simple truth or at least ignore it when setting up their training.
[/quote]

whats hypertrophy?

lol

[quote]That One Guy wrote:

Well I’ll be damned.[/quote]

Did you even read further then the first page? An IFBB pro and others go in deeper about training. Such as what happens when one getting stronger hits a plateau and what is needed to keep progress going ahead.

Good read - thanks for posting the link. I’m registered at PM but don’t make it over there too much these days.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:

Did you even read further then the first page? An IFBB pro and others go in deeper about training. Such as what happens when one getting stronger hits a plateau and what is needed to keep progress going ahead.[/quote]

Put things in perpective. They are talking what is needed for an ADVANCED guy to progress.
If you are intermediate you only need to change to another exercise and get hellish strong in it too. For reps of course.
Its simplier than it looks. But by no means a walk in the park…

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
That One Guy wrote:

Well I’ll be damned.

Did you even read further then the first page? An IFBB pro and others go in deeper about training. Such as what happens when one getting stronger hits a plateau and what is needed to keep progress going ahead.[/quote]

Yes that stuff is interesting, but what is needed for an IFBB pro to break through a plateau is more complicated, arguably more of an art form, than what is needed for intermediates…

What intrigues me more from that link is how many of those guys use DC…coincidence?

Some of those numbers are just crazy… 575lbsx12 squat?

[quote]Vegg wrote:
Some of those numbers are just crazy… 575lbsx12 squat?

[/quote]

Well, look at the guy lol
Is he a pro? If not, I want to know why :wink:

This is bbing though, probably not referring to full-squats.

Shit, he still has me totally and utterly beat even if he meant pl-depth or whatever.