Experiencing Erectile Dysfunction During Cycle. Advice?

Hi everyone. I have to admit I´m a little concerned. I´m not a fan of anabolic steroids though I don´t critize or satanize them. After a hard 14 years or natural training and at age 35 I started my first cycle on Durateston 350 to live and document the experience (yes I´m a sport coach).
Im actually at week 6 of my cycle and am experiencing a substantial reduction of libido and dificulty to keep my erection (I have always had a really powerful libido I could have sex up to six or seven times so you see the nature of my concern). My diet is solid and my training regimen too I use a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding before steroids I had a pretty decent strength for a natural lifter.
This week I was suppones to get another 350 mg of the substance for my second weekly injection but I didn´t. I´m thinking of shortening the cicle starting to low the dose for the next to weeks and wait the 3 weeks to start PCT.
I´m also planning on getting blodd work done and going to see an endocrynologist.
A person I trust adviced me to start taking Tamoxifen (10 mg in the morning, 10 mg in the evening) and Proviron (25 mg in the morning, 25 mg in the evening) wich I have for the last 4 days with little to no improvement.
Also started to notice a little of testicular atrophy.
Another thing worth pointing out is that my testosterone levels were on the low bottom (free testosterone 355 ml) on the initial blood tests before entering the cycle.

I´ve been following this page for a long time and really need some direction. I did it mostly out of curiosity and to document everything but I´m not willing to pay the prize with my incredible and healthy sex life with my beautiful wife.

I´d really appreciate all your insights and hope everything goes back to normal.

Years training: 14
Free test levels on preliminarry blood work: 355 mg (low end range 300-500)
Hearth: ok
Organs: ok
Cancerous agents in testicles and prostate; NONE
Body weigth: 75 kg
Height: 1.74

Here are the cycle details:

Substance: Durateston 350

Week 1 350 ml
week 2 350
week 3 700 (350 tuesday/350 thursday)
week 4 700 (350 tuesday/350 thursday)
week 5 700 (350 tuesday/350 thursday) (starded experiecing little problems with erection)
week 6 suppossed to be 700 but only took the shot of 350 on monday and suspended the other shot ( I know I can´t just quit this stuff cold turkey)
in this week started taking tamoxifen and proviron (20 and 50 respectivley)

week 7 suppossed to be 700 but only plan to do one shot of 350
week 8 350 (this will be the last shot on the cahnges I plan)
week 9 planned to do another 350
week 10 planned to do another 350

PCT after 3 weeks of cycle
week 1 hgc and tamoxifen please suggesto on the dossage
week 2 hgc and tamoxifen please suggesto on the dossage
week 3 hcg and tamoxifen please suggesto on the dossage

all the shots were done in the glutes except for the last 3 wich were made on the tighs.

Am I doing what you consider the correct thing by shortening the cycle?
Is there any empirical evidence of case similar to mine?
Was it to much testosterone for my first cycle?
Am I hypersensitive to the substance?
What is your best advice for PCT?
Is there any estimate on recovery times to go back, if it is possible to go back to normal great powerful erections that last long?

Thank you in advance. I´m keeping calm since I know being worried not only doesn´t help but it actually tends to worsen any condition.
All the data that I´m getting is really valuable for young generations but it´s really not worth it more than my health.

I dont see any anti estrogens here. At 700 mg of Test a week, you are definitely converting to estrogen and did nothing about it. Most likely the reason for the ED. You need to get your blood tested right away and check for Estradiol, total test, free test, etc,

Go to the TRT forum and read the stickies there. they will tell you which blood test to get.

1 Like

your oestrogen’ll be through the fucking roof. Silly goose.

Any particular reason you chose not to use an AI?

It is the estrogen. Any signs of gyno yet? - feel for it

Take 1mg anastrozole 3 times per week. You can expect to feel changes in 5-7 days. Do not make short term changes. After 10 days, get E2 tested. If you get E2=30, with a target of E2=22pg/ml, new dose = old dose X 30/22

If you test E2 before starting anastrozole, you are not able to refine your dose until the second lab work is done.

This problem was very predicable. Do your homework.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Thanks so much for the insigth I was getting worried. I don´t have gyno. I tought the novaldex and the proviron did the job on blocking the conversion of test and the plan was to take them in the middle of the cycle. If I take the anastrazole do I keep taking the tamoxifen and proviron or just leave them? And also is it wise to shorten the cycle to 8 weeks?

I tough by taking the novaldex (tamoxifen) and proviron at the middle of the cycle would be enough.

Thank you I will

well you learned you were wrong the hard way…

…get it? Hard way? Hard way? Like, it’s funny because you can’t get hard?

Hahahaa!

The really funny thing is you might be playing snooker with a rope for months now. I’d get used to thumbing it in.

Use an AI for that.

Nolvadex and other SERMs do not lower T–>E2 production, SERMs increase E2 levels while hiding E2 from Selected tissues, not all. In some guys, SERMs do not even protect breast tissue.

Always better to control E2 levels instead of trying to interfere with receptors seeing the E2 that is there.

T+hCG+IA is what you need, hCG protects your testes from the loss of LH. Alternatively, low dose SERM, 25mg Clomid or 20mg Nolvadex EOD may be all that is required to deliver useful amounts of LH/FSH is hCG is not used.

Note that some feel horrible with Clomid [not uncommon], Nolvadex does not have that problem.

I really appreciate your advice. So you suggest to keep taking the test as planned, get hcg and anastrazol or a low dose novladex?

Update:
Yesterday I had a raging hard on (like the ones I normally had before all this started to happen.
What happened?
Had been tanking the tamoxifen for 4 days now (10 mg AM, 10 mg PM) and plan to take it for the rest of the cycle as well as adding hcg in the PCT.

Does this mean the nolvadex (tamoxifen) is working?
I’m still going to get the blood work done and visit the endocrynologist but it gave me a little of peace of mind.

I’ll keep you posted

Update:

Just noticed my testicles came back to full size in a week. Is that posible?