Experiences With ZMA

Has anyone ever taken ZMA before? If so, what were your experiences with it? Thanks.

[quote]kiki16 wrote:
Has anyone ever taken ZMA before? If so, what were your experiences with it? Thanks.[/quote]

No but I added zinc and magnesium to my nighttime suppliments. I had had trouble sleeping and immediately starting having more vivid dreams (or remembering them). It was cause and effect. One night I’d take em and remember 2-3 dreams, one night I wouldn’t and no dreams.

Then I read somewhere that if you have memorable dreams it means you DIDN’T sleep very well, because you almost always forget dreams in deep sleep.

All together, ZMA is fine and reasonably priced compared to getting what’s in it somewhere else.

I did try the Epsom salts bath thing (magnesium) after working out for a couple weeks and it did seem to help me recover a little better.

Also, I felt like the Zinc helped my testosterone level a tad, but its more like a possible missing link-not a T-booster.

Yea, I bought a bottle a few months ago and took it. Didn’t really do much for me, I felt myself feeling more active some of the time, slightly more than usual, but that’s about it.

-CJ

I started using ZMA a few months back and have seen subtle but good results.

I don’t get sick anymore. Whenever a cold hits my workplace and everyone is getting sick (as I used to), I just snivvle for a couple hours, then it goes away.

ZMA, like several other not so popular supplements is definitely worth trying. Also, if you skeet on a regular basis, that is, if you’re really sexually active, the extra zinc will replenish your body’s supply. Without it you may be leaving your immune system open to the elements!:slight_smile:

Also, you should note that taking ZMA with calcium will diminish the effects of the ZMA.

That’s because Zinc and Calcium compete for absorption in your body.

So no multi-vitamins or dairy products within, say, an hour of taking ZMA.

I don’t know if it has effected my test (as it is supposed to) but I DEFINATELY sleep sounder and have more vivid dreams since taking it.

I’ve taken it every night for as long as I can remember.

It really kicks me into a deeper sleep; I usually end up waking up before my alarm clock because I’ve slept so well. Also, even on nights where I have to be up and running on 5 (or less) hours of sleep, I wake up feeling like I had a solid 9 hours.

9 bucks a month is certainly worth the restorative sleep, as we all know how important solid sleep is to every goal.

I also like the comment about Zinc (ZMA) being a missing link - very true.

Just a note, don’t expect it to make you huge and gnarly lookin’ overnight, it’s just minerals/vitamins (which, however, make ya sleep great!).

My ZMA 2 cents.

It won’t do squat as far as actual muscle mass or strength gains, but it helps me sleep like a baby. I’ve been taking it for so long that I actually don’t notice it until I’ve gone without it for a few days, and then I notice that my sleep isn’t quite as super-deep and restful as it was when I was on it. Then I get a resupply and start taking it again and everything’s fine. :slight_smile:

It gives me a big boner in the morning as well as the deep sleep and dreams.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
It gives me a big boner in the morning as well as the deep sleep and dreams.[/quote]

Yup.

For the price you can’t go wrong. Also, you lose something like 10mg zinc when you blow your load, so depending on how many times a day you do that, it would be a good idea to supplement.

I second all the success stories.

ZMA should be a staple supplement for the physically active.

I’d second (third… fourth?) everybodies comments about sleep. For me, it’s worth getting the really deep sleep. I don’t know if it’s had any effect on my physique, but it’s definitely something you can feel after you take it – a very natural, relaxed feeling.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

Yup.

[/quote]

It gave me a big boner at night. So bad that I had to do myself a couple of times before I could get to sleep. But over time, that effect has worn off.

[quote]bikemike wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

Yup.

It gave me a big boner at night. So bad that I had to do myself a couple of times before I could get to sleep. But over time, that effect has worn off.[/quote]

Glad I didn’t have to pay for that information.

Does anybody take it nightly even if your physical activity drops? I am presently injured and besides running for 20 min/ 3 X week I am sedentary. Not worried about too much ZM just wonder if its necessary. Thinking about taking it every other night.

underdog…

If you have the money, I’d say yes. Since ZMA is more of a nutritional/immune-support type supplement (like glutamine, other aminos, etc…), your just making your body more sound and solid for when you do start hitting the gym hard again.

[quote]th_underdog wrote:
bikemike wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

Yup.

It gave me a big boner at night. So bad that I had to do myself a couple of times before I could get to sleep. But over time, that effect has worn off.

Glad I didn’t have to pay for that information.

Does anybody take it nightly even if your physical activity drops? I am presently injured and besides running for 20 min/ 3 X week I am sedentary. Not worried about too much ZM just wonder if its necessary. Thinking about taking it every other night.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve had to do that at night too a few times. You can’t sleep with a raging boner all night.

I take it every night, regardless of whether I’m training or not. It’s worth it!

ZMA is good shit. In addition to sleeping better I actually do have a little more energy in the gym and I’m a little more aggressive. If I don’t beat off every night I’ll have some good dreams if ya know what I mean…Good cheap supplement.

I never consciously noticed the better sleep, but the extreme increase in morning wood (thought I was 15 again) and VERY noticable change in mood (everyone said it was like a 180* turn) made it worth it to me. I also seemed to recover better. Maybe that’s the sleep factor?

Ahhhhh…the dreams!

:wink: