T Nation

Experiences With The Paranormal?

Well please MaximusB, quit teasing and share with the rest of us. If you wish to do so of course.

I’ve had several “paranormal” experiences. A couple where just me being stupid when I was a teenager and going out looking for things I probably had no business looking for; but, there was one when I was much younger, about 8, that still gives me chills when I think about it. . . When I was about 8 or 9, I woke up one night and the shadow of a woman seated in a chair was on the wall opposite my doorway. As I lay there frozen in terror, working up the nerve to roll over and see what was in the door, I realized that it was all wrong. My back was to my door and there were no lights on in the hallway or rooms adjacent to my bedroom, and the shadow was positioned between to windows on the outside wall of my room.

The only light in my room was coming from the street lamps outside that were framing the shadow on the wall. So, you see there was no reason why that figure should’ve been there. I finally rolled over as fast as I could and there was nothing there, and when I rolled over to look at the wall it was still there… so, like any brave 8 yr old, I shut my eyes as hard as I could counted to five and opened them. It was gone so I grasped the moment and bolted for my parents room. I dove into their bed shaking and woke my mother up. When I told her what had happened she said it must’ve been my guardian angel, but my dad always said it was a playful ghost… I don’t know but it never sat well with me.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
When I was 8 years old we lived in a house that was pretty old. It was built in the late 1950’s and was pretty small. There was one spot in the hallway that led to my room that always made me feel the same as when someone turns on one of those big tv’s from back then…an electrical feeling, only in that one spot. My room was to the right of that spot.

One morning I woke up and there was this older guy I didn’t know standing there in a green sweater over me. He didn’t say anything or do anything and it was too dark to make out his face or any facial expressions. I started screaming and my dad ran into the room and turned the light on. He was gone by then.

I don’t really believe in the literal concept of “ghosts” but I do believe that energy can be left behind to some degree and that our own emotions and actions can be influenced by things we don’t understand yet. The entire idea of pheromones used to be science fiction before it was proven that something unseen can have an effect on behavior. I was also likely half dreaming that night and simply connected that feeling in the hallway with whatever image I conjured up in half-sleep.

…but there was that spot in the hallway that just didn’t feel right.

I am the type of person who would like to explore ideas like this. I grew up reading everything about supernatural happenings from ESP to dopplegangers to the mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle. Because of that, I think that anyone who simply writes all of this off as impossible is extremely closed minded and not someone I would get along with.

Strange things happen…and I doubt we are anywhere near advanced enough just yet to explain it all away.[/quote]

Nice post Prof, I second your beliefs and totally agree.

I went youtube hunting because of this thread, some crap is kind of freaky, especially EVPs.

then theres this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L2lDHNmRFw&NR=1

One of my good friends told me something she saw one time at her house. She is not the type of person to make stuff up and this was the only strange thing she ever told me.

She explained that late one night, her and her mother were pulling into the driveway of their house when they saw a young girl walking in front of her garage and then vanishing as it got near the edge of the house. When she got out of the vehicle, no one was anywhere. She then said she looked at her mom and her mom looked back to her with a freaked out expression on her face to confirm that she had seen it as well.


On my side, I was alone one night when I was in high school and my parents had gone out for the night. I had several lights on and my computer. I went to take a shower and when I got out not even 5-10 minutes later, different lights were on and the TV was on even though it was not on when I went to take a shower. I grabbed a baseball bat scared out of my mind and searched the entire house. All the doors were still locked and I didn’t find anything. Still scared the hell outta me though.

I have a story, not necessarily paranormal but the scariest thing I have ever heard. Family friend who works as a nurse practitioner was an avid nature photographer in college. She would often spend her vacation exploring various regions around the California and the Northwest photographing local wildlife. She would normally go with friends, groups from 2-10 people.

One occasion her then boyfriend (future husband) got sick before a trip. It was through South Dakota’s Black Hills (Near Mount Rushmore). After spent 6 nights in the wilderness she never saw a single other hiker on the trail.

When she got home and developed the photos she found 6 pictures that she didn’t take, they were photos of her sleeping in her tent, one for each night she spent out there.

[quote]zoso764 wrote:
I have a story, not necessarily paranormal but the scariest thing I have ever heard. Family friend who works as a nurse practitioner was an avid nature photographer in college. She would often spend her vacation exploring various regions around the California and the Northwest photographing local wildlife. She would normally go with friends, groups from 2-10 people. One occasion her then boyfriend (future husband) got sick before a trip. It was through South Dakota’s Black Hills (Near Mount Rushmore). After spent 6 nights in the wilderness she never saw a single other hiker on the trail.

When she got home and developed the photos she found 6 pictures that she didn’t take, they were photos of her sleeping in her tent, one for each night she spent out there.
[/quote]

OK, that’s scary. I’d never venture out alone again in the woods.

Does she still have the photos? Would be very interested to see.

Being completely pitch black at night, I imagine the ghost must have turned the flash on.

Some pretty good stories so far.

When I was about 5 I was living at my old house and one night I woke up at about 3am and thought that there was something in my room and could hear really heavy breathing, I remember lying in my bed for what seemed like ages before calling for my parents. When they came in they told me that there was nothing in there but years later they told me that there was something strange in there and that they could hear the heavy breathing and my dad never really seems to believe in anything like that but said there was something in my room that night. Apparently someone died in that house in one of the bedrooms years ago.

So thats my story

When I was about 9 years old, I was sleeping in my bed and for some reason I woke up and was looking directly at my window. It’s not really large window, it’s about the size of a pillow that you sleep with. It doesn’t open, its just there to get sunlight in the room during the day.

Anyways, for some reason I just woke up, and was looking at it. All the lights were off, and there is usually no outside light coming on through the window. But there was this outline of a guys head and neck that was sort of glowing of the color green. I couldn’t really make out a face, as it was this weird color. Now, I know hoe some people dream, and when they wake up their mind is still kind of foggy of what they just experienced.

So I was just staring at it for about 5 seconds before I realized that I was in fact awake and this is not a dream. So I jumped up and ran to my dads room and was scared out of my mind. I was telling my dad what had just happened, and of course, he was, “oh it was just a dream go back to bed, blah blah.” But I was so sure, because I specifically remember not being asleep from the point I saw it and it registered in my mind, to when I ran out of my room. The weird part is, It was an apartment building, even tough i was on the first floor, that opening of the window is about 10-12 ft. above the ground, so I don’t think someone would go through all the trouble to scare me.

Just hearing these other stories, makes me even more certain that what happened to me was not just a dream. I don’t know why most of these experiences in this thread happen at night when someone’s in bed, but maybe we are just more alert at night and can assess sounds and other things that we might not pay attention to during the day. And I have had many different scary dreams during my childhood, but never has anything spooked me so bad to actually run out of my room and wake up my dad. As a boy I would have been embarrassed to go up to my dad and act like a wuss, but that experience was just too much for me to handle.

Anyways, I have been skeptical of others, and I know there are some videos that are fake and make fun of people that may believe in the paranormal. But this video, some of you may have seen before on tv, was the only one that after i watched, I was just like, WTF, and I had to stop and think for a minute. I was hoping you guys could help me make sense of this. It was a police car chase where at the end, the car that the police are chasing goes right through a fence. Now, the only explanation I can come up with would be that the fence went up as the car went through and went back down as it drove under it, but still, how could that car know where to go after it went into the woods, and why would the cop just stop in front of the fence if the fence looked like it was broken and he could go under it as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLBtm__aKw

I’ve remembered a few of my own, I’ve always had an obsession with UFOs and aliens so I have no idea if this is just my mind playing tricks on me or what.

The first one is when I was 8 or 9, my parents were always working until 10 or 11 and we lived in an apartment. I have a really good memory and always remember just about everything that happens to me in the course of a day. However today was going by like any usual day, school, get home watch T.V, but around 9 is when I have no idea what happened, I just remember waking up past out face first on my parents bed and my mom waking me up at around 10:20. Lost time is one of the signs of abductions and even though I highly doubt it happened, to this day I cannot figure out what happened in that time period and that was the only time that I have ever past out.

The 2nd one happened last year (live in a house now), it was a very vivid dream and I remember two aliens at my bedside doing some stuff to my feet, well I usually can remember my dreams very well and after they left there was around 10 or 15 times that I attempted to scream, but for some reason my voice was very faint or walk to the door and it felt so real.Well every time I tried to do this, I would get to the door and I would “wake up” and try to do this again. I really wanted to wake up for real and when I finally did it was weird as fuck, as when you usually wake up from a dream your eyes are blurry and it takes some time to adjust to the lighting in the room, well I woke up eyes wide open and everything was clear as day, no blurrieness or time to adjust, it was almost as if I had been awake the whole time.

[quote]zoso764 wrote:
I have a story, not necessarily paranormal but the scariest thing I have ever heard. Family friend who works as a nurse practitioner was an avid nature photographer in college. She would often spend her vacation exploring various regions around the California and the Northwest photographing local wildlife. She would normally go with friends, groups from 2-10 people.

One occasion her then boyfriend (future husband) got sick before a trip. It was through South Dakota’s Black Hills (Near Mount Rushmore). After spent 6 nights in the wilderness she never saw a single other hiker on the trail.

When she got home and developed the photos she found 6 pictures that she didn’t take, they were photos of her sleeping in her tent, one for each night she spent out there.
[/quote]

Now thats scary!!!

[quote]sandbagger wrote:
When I was about 9 years old, I was sleeping in my bed and for some reason I woke up and was looking directly at my window. It’s not really large window, it’s about the size of a pillow that you sleep with. It doesn’t open, its just there to get sunlight in the room during the day.

Anyways, for some reason I just woke up, and was looking at it. All the lights were off, and there is usually no outside light coming on through the window. But there was this outline of a guys head and neck that was sort of glowing of the color green. I couldn’t really make out a face, as it was this weird color. Now, I know hoe some people dream, and when they wake up their mind is still kind of foggy of what they just experienced.

So I was just staring at it for about 5 seconds before I realized that I was in fact awake and this is not a dream. So I jumped up and ran to my dads room and was scared out of my mind. I was telling my dad what had just happened, and of course, he was, “oh it was just a dream go back to bed, blah blah.” But I was so sure, because I specifically remember not being asleep from the point I saw it and it registered in my mind, to when I ran out of my room. The weird part is, It was an apartment building, even tough i was on the first floor, that opening of the window is about 10-12 ft. above the ground, so I don’t think someone would go through all the trouble to scare me.

Just hearing these other stories, makes me even more certain that what happened to me was not just a dream. I don’t know why most of these experiences in this thread happen at night when someone’s in bed, but maybe we are just more alert at night and can assess sounds and other things that we might not pay attention to during the day. And I have had many different scary dreams during my childhood, but never has anything spooked me so bad to actually run out of my room and wake up my dad. As a boy I would have been embarrassed to go up to my dad and act like a wuss, but that experience was just too much for me to handle.

Anyways, I have been skeptical of others, and I know there are some videos that are fake and make fun of people that may believe in the paranormal. But this video, some of you may have seen before on tv, was the only one that after i watched, I was just like, WTF, and I had to stop and think for a minute. I was hoping you guys could help me make sense of this. It was a police car chase where at the end, the car that the police are chasing goes right through a fence. Now, the only explanation I can come up with would be that the fence went up as the car went through and went back down as it drove under it, but still, how could that car know where to go after it went into the woods, and why would the cop just stop in front of the fence if the fence looked like it was broken and he could go under it as well?


[/quote]

Holy frig, that video is crazy. I screenshotted whatever that was driving the car and it’s just, well take a look for yourself.

[quote]zoso764 wrote:

When she got home and developed the photos she found 6 pictures that she didn’t take, they were photos of her sleeping in her tent, one for each night she spent out there.
[/quote]

That would scare the living hell out of me.

I lived in a old house when I was about three that was supposedly haunted. My parents swear that they used to see a man walk up the stairs every night and disappear in one of the rooms but maybe they just have overactive imaginations. I also had a huge number of imaginary friends in that house that I regularly played with and insisted they were real. My mom is really superstitious so we didn’t live there long, lol.

I’ve never seen anything, but I have had a potato chip thrown at the back of my head.

found a clearer video of that car chase
http://www.trutv.com/video/hot-pursuit/infamous-ghost-car.html?link=truTVshlk

that story of the photos is spooky

I wonder if you believe in it more does it happen to you more? Cause I personally do not believe in the paranormal. However, watching videos and hearing stories makes one wonder.

My father has the ability to for see things that are going to happen in dreams he has and can tell when something bad is going to happen or something is coming on to him. Finding this all last night they told me as a child I used to have really bad night terrors. I cannot recall having them at all either.

Does anyone else try to dream more when having a bad dream? Like try to see the outcome and not try to wake up from it? Cause I do that a lot I just dream more to see where it takes me. If that makes any sense.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
When I was 8 years old we lived in a house that was pretty old. It was built in the late 1950’s and was pretty small. There was one spot in the hallway that led to my room that always made me feel the same as when someone turns on one of those big tv’s from back then…an electrical feeling, only in that one spot. My room was to the right of that spot.

One morning I woke up and there was this older guy I didn’t know standing there in a green sweater over me. He didn’t say anything or do anything and it was too dark to make out his face or any facial expressions. I started screaming and my dad ran into the room and turned the light on. He was gone by then.

I don’t really believe in the literal concept of “ghosts” but I do believe that energy can be left behind to some degree and that our own emotions and actions can be influenced by things we don’t understand yet. The entire idea of pheromones used to be science fiction before it was proven that something unseen can have an effect on behavior. I was also likely half dreaming that night and simply connected that feeling in the hallway with whatever image I conjured up in half-sleep.

…but there was that spot in the hallway that just didn’t feel right.

I am the type of person who would like to explore ideas like this. I grew up reading everything about supernatural happenings from ESP to dopplegangers to the mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle. Because of that, I think that anyone who simply writes all of this off as impossible is extremely closed minded and not someone I would get along with.

Strange things happen…and I doubt we are anywhere near advanced enough just yet to explain it all away.[/quote]

They’re called nightmares.
I just solved it for you. No need to thank me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQCxVcuxxxk&feature=related

Someone explain this to me.