Experiences with Recreational Drugs

Doing drugs leads to stupid things like spray painting asinine things on the street. Of course some of us grow up while others get sent to Valley Forge Military Academy. ~¿~

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

Do either of you have any experience with hard drugs?

I have experiences with friends fucking up their lives with hard drugs and even not so hard drugs like LSD.

A team mate of mine droped out of school because of his coke habit. He went from zero to addict in little time.

Another college friend, who was an experienced drug user but a great guy had a bad acid trip and was committed to a mental hospital for quite a while.

He was lucky he was not shot when he broke into a random home and was screaming nonsense at the guy pointing a shotgun at him. Just thinking about him breaks my heart. He was one of the nicest and funniest guys I ever met.

Thankfully I have stayed away from that shit. Little upside, huge downside.

fair enough but.

• the guy doing acid should of had a sitter

Give me a break. He had tripped at least a dozen times before. He was tripping with friends and he wandered off.

• people CAN control their actions. Drug ‘addiction’ is a misnomer you allow yourself to let it become a habit. Ultimately it wasn’t the drug that made your friend a junky, it was himself.

Yes, for making the mistake to start with. Most people can get away with it, some cannot. You don’t know until you put the gun to your head and pull the trigger.

Down playing the dangers is idiotic.

No one should be tripping without a spotter, PERIOD.

It’s not a gun to your head, period. Your friend is weak, there’s no other way around it. Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there. [/quote]

Ridiculous. Why would anyone need a spotter? What the hell does a spotter do except make sure he doesn’t play in traffic? A spotter cannot fix his altered brain chemistry. A spotter cannot restore his sanity.

You refuse to recognize the true danger.

Man I could tell a million stories.

What I learned is that they are bad. It only takes a couple times waking and… well, being glad you woke up… to realize that the shindig ain’t what it’s cracked up to be.

Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there. [/quote]

That’s idiotic.

Cocaine is a hard drug that can and will kill you. If you think that’s a soft drug, you must be one hardcore needle usin’ motherfucker.

Or just a stupid kid.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

I have experiences with friends fucking up their lives with hard drugs and even not so hard drugs like LSD.

A team mate of mine droped out of school because of his coke habit. He went from zero to addict in little time.

Another college friend, who was an experienced drug user but a great guy had a bad acid trip and was committed to a mental hospital for quite a while.

He was lucky he was not shot when he broke into a random home and was screaming nonsense at the guy pointing a shotgun at him. Just thinking about him breaks my heart. He was one of the nicest and funniest guys I ever met.

fair enough but.

Give me a break. He had tripped at least a dozen times before. He was tripping with friends and he wandered off.

• people CAN control their actions. Drug ‘addiction’ is a misnomer you allow yourself to let it become a habit. Ultimately it wasn’t the drug that made your friend a junky, it was himself.

Yes, for making the mistake to start with. Most people can get away with it, some cannot. You don’t know until you put the gun to your head and pull the trigger.

It’s not a gun to your head, period. Your friend is weak, there’s no other way around it. Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there.

Ridiculous. Why would anyone need a spotter? What the hell does a spotter do except make sure he doesn’t play in traffic? A spotter cannot fix his altered brain chemistry. A spotter cannot restore his sanity.

You refuse to recognize the true danger.[/quote]

Can someone in the know explain if and how LSD can make someone permanently insane?

As far as addicition goes, Zep is right. I’ve seen people quickly become addicted to drugs, well on their way to ruining their lives. Others can handle it. Those who can’t are weak and deserve what they get. I certainly don’t think anyone should be using hallucinogenics on a regular basis, that’s just irresponsible and stupid.

It’s an individual thing. Some people have addicitive personalities, others can control themselves.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there.

That’s idiotic.

Cocaine is a hard drug that can and will kill you. If you think that’s a soft drug, you must be one hardcore needle usin’ motherfucker.

Or just a stupid kid.[/quote]

Yeah it is a hard drug, but there are much harder drugs out there. especially considering it is usually cut pretty decently to begin with. Don’t get me wrong it can be fucking dangerous.

But I just don’t think you can compare your run of the mill cut down coke with some of the harder drugs.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Can someone in the know explain if and how LSD can make someone permanently insane?
[/quote]

Chemically I have no idea. But I do know a friend of mine had a bad trip on a long car ride, thought he died and came back, then went nuts for a couple months, and was sitting everyone he knew down and telling them their strengths and weaknesses and how they should be running their lives. It took a while for him to straighten out.

[quote]
As far as addicition goes, Zep is right. I’ve seen people quickly become addicted to drugs, well on their way to ruining their lives. Others can handle it.

Those who can’t are weak and deserve what they get. I certainly don’t think anyone should be using hallucinogenics on a regular basis, that’s just irresponsible and stupid.

It’s an individual thing. Some people have addicitive personalities, others can control themselves.[/quote]

Weak and deserve what they get? Listen sunshine, it’s not their fault they have an addictive personality. There’s a reason that drug addiction is classified as a disease.

You sound like you’ve never had to deal with an addict that was close to you. It’s easy to be black and white about shit when it don’t affect you.

FightinIrish26 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there.

That’s idiotic.

Or just a stupid kid.

Yeah it is a hard drug, but there are much harder drugs out there. especially considering it is usually cut pretty decently to begin with. Don’t get me wrong it can be fucking dangerous. But I just don’t think you can compare your run of the mill cut down coke with some of the harder drugs.[/quote]

First of all, that’s what makes cocaine more dangerous- you don’t know what the fuck is being thrown in there.

Secondly, normally drug users are drinkers also. Rarely do people go blow some lines unless they’re drinking, or going out to drink. This makes cocaine a million times more lethal.

Third, it’s addictive as shit.

Yea, it’s not heroin, and it’s not meth. But if you get caught with it, in the eyes of the law, you may as well have been carrying heroin.

Cocaine is the boundary line between “acceptable” drug use, i.e. booze and weed, and the hard drugs on the other side.

I’ve never believed weed was a gateway drug. But I do believe that if you’re all about getting yakked up,that you’ll be million times more receptive to doing another kind of hard drug.

Weak and deserve what they get? Listen sunshine, it’s not their fault they have an addictive personality. There’s a reason that drug addiction is classified as a disease.

You sound like you’ve never had to deal with an addict that was close to you. It’s easy to be black and white about shit when it don’t affect you.[/quote]

I disagree that addiction is a disease. So weak willed is a disease? People consciously make decisions to quit, be it cold turky, or slowly cutting back. Listen, it is your fault if you get addicted. YOU MADE THE DECISION TO DO IT. I’m all for responsible drug use. But you can’t blame anything but yourself for addiction.

I’m not touching this thread again, it’s already a clusterfuck.

zephead4747 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

That’s idiotic.

Or just a stupid kid.

Yeah it is a hard drug, but there are much harder drugs out there. especially considering it is usually cut pretty decently to begin with. Don’t get me wrong it can be fucking dangerous. But I just don’t think you can compare your run of the mill cut down coke with some of the harder drugs.

First of all, that’s what makes cocaine more dangerous- you don’t know what the fuck is being thrown in there.

Secondly, normally drug users are drinkers also. Rarely do people go blow some lines unless they’re drinking, or going out to drink. This makes cocaine a million times more lethal.

Third, it’s addictive as shit.

Yea, it’s not heroin, and it’s not meth. But if you get caught with it, in the eyes of the law, you may as well have been carrying heroin. Cocaine is the boundary line between “acceptable” drug use, i.e. booze and weed, and the hard drugs on the other side.

I’ve never believed weed was a gateway drug. But I do believe that if you’re all about getting yakked up,that you’ll be million times more receptive to doing another kind of hard drug.
[/quote]

One last post. I agree with most of this, but I’m not moving from the stance where willpower can prevent you from being an addict.

Knowing if you’re doing something too frequently and cutting back, and if you decide to eventually quit is what it takes. Trust me, I know it’s a lot more difficult then I can make it sound on the internet. But it isn’t impossible.

I personally have never done drugs. My football league is actually starting drug tests next year but anyway… I think the media has a tendency to overplay the things they think are bad like drugs, alcohol, steroids, premarital sex, ect.

so it’s my opinion that one either needs to try them for themselves or talk to someone experienced if they’re interested.

I personally am not interested in drugs or alcohol at the moment because of the tests and folks are getting kicked off teams left and right at my school for that stuff. It just isn’t worth it.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
[/quote]

Usually people who already have a schizoid personality or come from a family that has a history of schizophrenia are at danger. Other than that, I don’t think it is normally an issue.

We are also told that people suffer from “flashbacks”. I have never known anybody to have a “flashback” and I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO :). This despite the fact that I keep wishing that I would have one :wink:

In an ideal world, people could get some kind of psychological evaluation prior to doing these things. That’s what happened to the weightlifter Doug Hepburn-the world’s strongest man-when he used LSD in a clinical setting to cure his alcoholism.

Part of the problem is that when LSD was scheduled, it became extremely hard to do research on it. In this sense, we can say people are playing with an unknown.

The “scare tactic” of saying, for example, that LSD damaged chromosones was pretty much belied. It turned out that the doctor who made those accusations used only a few patients from a mental health institution who were taking thorazine regularly (which does, from what I understand, cause some damage).

As I recall, people like Leary, Allan Watts, Ginsberg, and other LSD users were tested and shown to have no problems in this regard. I am just mentioning this, because a number of claims have been made about LSD in the past that had no scientific basis.

LSD and the other hallucinogens (psilocbyin, ayahuasca, DMT, etc. etc) are powerful and need to be treated with respect. Proceed with caution. Due to the draconian scheduling, there hasn’t been enough research to talk about any other potential dangers. However, it is, from what I know, a very tiny minority of people who risk a psychotic break due to them (those already schizoid).

I don’t quite agree that “spotters” “sitters” are unneccesary. They can keep you physically safe and, given that bad trips do happen, they can talk you through it. It’s also helpful to have one to “grok” with during a session.

All that said, I wouldn’t touch cocaine, opioids, crack, etc with a ten-foot pole.

I am too lazy go back and quote everyone, and I didn’t think this thread would be something but…

My wife will tell you Coke is great. She enjoyed the time she used it. If watching a movie of someone using coke I guess it reminds her of the “fun times”. She will admit that she didn’t know better and didn’t want a better life, and didn’t mind being broke, she would go back to coke.

My wife is smart, she got away from drugs. Scan over to the people that she used to hang out with. They still do drugs. They still live with thier parents and work jobs like McDonalds and the like.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but some people aspire to greater things, like my wife. These people did not, and we will probably be supporting them through our taxes one day.

On the other note, on being commited. One of our friends Aunts just got commited, like yesterday, for the very same thing. And this friend has to take in her 12 year old “troubled” cousin. Drugs dont pay and I am glad to say I have never dabbled in them.

My mom just quit smoking pot. I know alot of yall are on the fence with pot, but long story short when my mom HAD to go back to work she settled for crummy jobs that didn’t pay and put her self in a rut.

She was a shut in blah blah blah. Even though Sams club isn’t much of a step up from Whataburger for most of yall, it could have really made a difference for her. And ill tell you what, listen to your mom cry about failing a drug test (this was like 6 years later) and realizing that it could have made a huge difference in her life…well thats rough.

I hold to my, “its illegal for a reason” statements. If the government decides to let us smoke pot, or whatever else legally, I will change my tune. You can ruin your life if you want to, but that doesn’t make it a good idea.

Since everyone is doing it…why not you I guess. Hell I might even try pot if it were legal, but its not, so I wont.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

fair enough but.

It’s not a gun to your head, period. Your friend is weak, there’s no other way around it. Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there.

You refuse to recognize the true danger.

As far as addicition goes, Zep is right. I’ve seen people quickly become addicted to drugs, well on their way to ruining their lives. Others can handle it. Those who can’t are weak and deserve what they get. I certainly don’t think anyone should be using hallucinogenics on a regular basis, that’s just irresponsible and stupid.

It’s an individual thing. Some people have addicitive personalities, others can control themselves.[/quote]

He isn’t permantly insane but he has never recovered either. He is a functioning person but he is not the same guy he was.

Cocaine is the boundary line between “acceptable” drug use, i.e. booze and weed, and the hard drugs on the other side.

[/quote]

I see it the same way. Coke is serious. It isn’t the worst but it isn’t something to mess with either.

Knowing if you’re doing something too frequently and cutting back, and if you decide to eventually quit is what it takes. Trust me, I know it’s a lot more difficult then I can make it sound on the internet. But it isn’t impossible.[/quote]

No, I don’t trust you at all, because I don’t think you have any fucking idea what you’re talking about.

zephead4747 wrote:

Knowing if you’re doing something too frequently and cutting back, and if you decide to eventually quit is what it takes. Trust me, I know it’s a lot more difficult then I can make it sound on the internet. But it isn’t impossible.

No, I don’t trust you at all, because I don’t think you have any fucking idea what you’re talking about.[/quote]

you have no idea.

god, NOW i’m done with this thread.

Vicomte wrote:

Chemically I have no idea. But I do know a friend of mine had a bad trip on a long car ride, thought he died and came back, then went nuts for a couple months, and was sitting everyone he knew down and telling them their strengths and weaknesses and how they should be running their lives. It took a while for him to straighten out.

As far as addicition goes, Zep is right. I’ve seen people quickly become addicted to drugs, well on their way to ruining their lives. Others can handle it.

Those who can’t are weak and deserve what they get. I certainly don’t think anyone should be using hallucinogenics on a regular basis, that’s just irresponsible and stupid.

It’s an individual thing. Some people have addicitive personalities, others can control themselves.

You sound like you’ve never had to deal with an addict that was close to you. It’s easy to be black and white about shit when it don’t affect you.[/quote]

Not to play the self-righteous card, but my father was a crack addict for a few years. I believe addiction is a disease in the later stages, but you have to make a conscious choice to use to the point where you become addicited. That’s weakness. Buttercup.

FightinIrish26 wrote:

I disagree that addiction is a disease. So weak willed is a disease? People consciously make decisions to quit, be it cold turky, or slowly cutting back. Listen, it is your fault if you get addicted. YOU MADE THE DECISION TO DO IT. I’m all for responsible drug use. But you can’t blame anything but yourself for addiction.

quote]

I will agree to a point.

For example, I started smoking, and though ill be able to put this down whenever. My mom said, “I thought I could put it down whenever, and your dad told me I would be stupid for starting” (they both smoke) well before I knew it, I “needed” a smoke.

I could put them down cold turkey but 2 times I picked it back up. The third time I had enough and put it down for good. Its tough either way.

I know this isnt the same thing, but its all I have for a frame of reference.

Some people though, can have such an addictive personality they have lost the fight before it starts

FightinIrish26 wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

No, I don’t trust you at all, because I don’t think you have any fucking idea what you’re talking about.

you have no idea.

god, NOW i’m done with this thread.[/quote]

Good. Peace.