Experiences with Recreational Drugs

Hey guys,

Drugs seem to be a big part of society and have been for a long time. We hear good and bad things, but this can really confuse some people on its use.

The drugs I talk about are the heavy stuff like coke, heroin, LSD etc…

I myself have done weed a few times in my life, but I wouldn’t consider that a hard drug. I’ve been curious to try heavier drugs, but from the research i’ve done its hard to decide whether to try ‘new’ things or not.

Some people seem to love drugs and some people say it is the equivalent of hell.

Yes there is scientific research that highly supports its negative properties, but what I want to know is what personal experiences people have had with hard drugs and why they do it.

Why the hell do you want to get mixed up in that scene? You obviously have never seen a loved one battle with a drug addiction before or the thought wouldn’t cross your mind.

As a personal choice, I do not use any recreational drugs (including alcohol). Weed, I do not so much have an issue with but the things you are talking about…I don’t need to see any research to see the path that that leads to.

[quote]ibanezrg320 wrote:
Yes there is scientific research that highly supports its negative properties, but what I want to know is what personal experiences people have had with hard drugs and why they do it.[/quote]

Most scientific research on illegal drugs is complete bullshit. They use rats in very small cages and pretty much stress the shit out of them, so they use the drug more and more to escape.

In another experiment, the rat was given a “fun” world. Loads of tubing, for mating and playing and also an additional 8 male rats and 8 female rats. The whole area was almost like a amusement park for rats. The rat stopped using the drug(I think it was cocaine, I’m looking for the article). The govt then pulled support for this study.

Heroin is not nearly as addictive as most people think. Would I recommend people try it? No. As long as its a quick stint with opiates(few days), you are generally fine. If people do not have a connection, they generally can not get enough to get hooked(unless you want to go downtown trying to buy points, not smart). Heroin is NON-TOXIC, but it can be cut with nasties(result of prohibition).

EVEN doctors are so ignorant about the potential uses of heroin and so judgmental based on the name, that at an EU meeting someone did a presentation on a drug named diacetylmorphine and it recieved HUGE ++ that it could help.(Heroin is twice as potent as morphine, it has less side effects and more pain killing potential).

Cocaine can be fun, but its generally half cut. You can purify it with an acetone wash, but it is quite demoralizing when you only loose half of what you bought(although pure cocaine is supposed to be as different from cut cocaine as light is from dark). If you treat this drug with respect( once or twice a month usage is fine, but if you notice your usage increasing…STOP). Do not drink alcohol while coked out, it creates cocaethylene which is much more toxic.

Even the propaganda about this so called meth crisis. Those picture of tweekers, who look like their soul was sucked out of them, are people that do not care about their body. They binge, don’t eat, don’t sleep, just stay awake. Meth is neurotoxic, which is a good reason to stay away.

LSD is not a hard drug, no addiction potential. The tolerance builds up so quick, so if someone dropped acid today they would trip, but if tried to drop again the next day, they wouldn’t feel much.

I will post more later, as I am looking for those studies to prove what I posted above.

I am NOT trying to promote drug use. While many people can get away with not getting addicting, some people will. It is quite hard NOT to get addicted if you hang around people that all they do is blow lines and you will do it occasionally. Addiction is something not to mess with and is best to avoid.

Brother, it’s like Russian roulette, you might try a little experimenting and get through it with a little more then some fun or bad memories. Or you may go through the depths of hell and rue the day you ever took the plunge so to speak.

D

I grew up in the 70’s…all I got to say is nobody wants to go down this street. Like Dedicated says, you might come out the other side…but you might not. Why even go there?

[quote]SeanT wrote:
ibanezrg320 wrote:
Yes there is scientific research that highly supports its negative properties, but what I want to know is what personal experiences people have had with hard drugs and why they do it.

Most scientific research on illegal drugs is complete bullshit. They use rats in very small cages and pretty much stress the shit out of them, so they use the drug more and more to escape.

In another experiment, the rat was given a “fun” world. Loads of tubing, for mating and playing and also an additional 8 male rats and 8 female rats. The whole area was almost like a amusement park for rats. The rat stopped using the drug(I think it was cocaine, I’m looking for the article). The govt then pulled support for this study.

Heroin is not nearly as addictive as most people think. Would I recommend people try it? No. As long as its a quick stint with opiates(few days), you are generally fine. If people do not have a connection, they generally can not get enough to get hooked(unless you want to go downtown trying to buy points, not smart). Heroin is NON-TOXIC, but it can be cut with nasties(result of prohibition).

EVEN doctors are so ignorant about the potential uses of heroin and so judgmental based on the name, that at an EU meeting someone did a presentation on a drug named diacetylmorphine and it recieved HUGE ++ that it could help.(Heroin is twice as potent as morphine, it has less side effects and more pain killing potential).

Cocaine can be fun, but its generally half cut. You can purify it with an acetone wash, but it is quite demoralizing when you only loose half of what you bought(although pure cocaine is supposed to be as different from cut cocaine as light is from dark). If you treat this drug with respect( once or twice a month usage is fine, but if you notice your usage increasing…STOP). Do not drink alcohol while coked out, it creates cocaethylene which is much more toxic.

Even the propaganda about this so called meth crisis. Those picture of tweekers, who look like their soul was sucked out of them, are people that do not care about their body. They binge, don’t eat, don’t sleep, just stay awake. Meth is neurotoxic, which is a good reason to stay away.

LSD is not a hard drug, no addiction potential. The tolerance builds up so quick, so if someone dropped acid today they would trip, but if tried to drop again the next day, they wouldn’t feel much.

I will post more later, as I am looking for those studies to prove what I posted above.

I am NOT trying to promote drug use. While many people can get away with not getting addicting, some people will. It is quite hard NOT to get addicted if you hang around people that all they do is blow lines and you will do it occasionally. Addiction is something not to mess with and is best to avoid. [/quote]

Worst. Post. Ever.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.[/quote]

What he said.

This one time at band camp…

If you want to train your body drugs and alcohol are counterproductive to your goals.

I have a few drinks now and again but it isn’t an everyday thing.

Recreational drugs forget them. People only regret doing them. Never heard anyone say they wish they had done recreational drugs.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.
[/quote]

Do either of you have any experience with hard drugs?

OP: If you need to know anything www.erowid.org

You NEED to know what you’re getting in to before you do ANYTHING.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

[/quote]

I have experiences with friends fucking up their lives with hard drugs and even not so hard drugs like LSD.

A team mate of mine droped out of school because of his coke habit. He went from zero to addict in little time.

Another college friend, who was an experienced drug user but a great guy had a bad acid trip and was committed to a mental hospital for quite a while.

He was lucky he was not shot when he broke into a random home and was screaming nonsense at the guy pointing a shotgun at him. Just thinking about him breaks my heart. He was one of the nicest and funniest guys I ever met.

Thankfully I have stayed away from that shit. Little upside, huge downside.

pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

OP: If you need to know anything www.erowid.org

You NEED to know what you’re getting in to before you do ANYTHING.[/quote]

Erowid.org is a great tool for the beginner recreational drug user. I’d like to echo zaphead’s post and say that you need to do your research and realize what exactly you are getting into.

Read all you can about the drugs, weigh out the pro’s and con’s, and decide for yourself if you really want to do them. And when you do do them, make sure you don’t go overboard, always keep yourself in check.

I’ve done drugs that were a ton of fun, almost too fun. And armed with that knowledge, I chose not to do them ever again because I realized the potential for addiction, bodily harm and even death.

Be smart and don’t even consider any hard, street drugs like meth, heroin, crack, etc.

Please do as much as drugs as possible. Then get your friends and family to do it.

Then sit back and let natural selection take its part.

zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

I have experiences with friends fucking up their lives with hard drugs and even not so hard drugs like LSD.

A team mate of mine droped out of school because of his coke habit. He went from zero to addict in little time.

Another college friend, who was an experienced drug user but a great guy had a bad acid trip and was committed to a mental hospital for quite a while.

He was lucky he was not shot when he broke into a random home and was screaming nonsense at the guy pointing a shotgun at him. Just thinking about him breaks my heart. He was one of the nicest and funniest guys I ever met.

Thankfully I have stayed away from that shit. Little upside, huge downside.[/quote]

fair enough but.

• the guy doing acid should of had a sitter
  • people CAN control their actions. Drug ‘addiction’ is a misnomer you allow yourself to let it become a habit. Ultimately it wasn’t the drug that made your friend a junky, it was himself.

Look, I wouldn’t mess with heroin. But don’t lump hallucinogenics in with stuff like the opioids, cocaine, crack, etc.

Here is a list of the drugs/plants I have done: LSD, Peyote, Psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA (Ecstacy), Salvia Divinorum, ayahuasca.

All of the above, except Ecstacy, can lead you on a hellish trip in certain circumstances. Hallucinogenics are AMPLIFIERS. They amplify your mental state. This can lead to insights, even though the insights are not always pleasant.

For this reason, I dont think they are good RECREATIONAL drugs. They are more a tool for inner-exploration.

Can you at least fix the spelling in the title? If you can’t spell, or bother to look up the spelling, you haven’t been reading the correct research articles.

Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

fair enough but.

[/quote]

Give me a break. He had tripped at least a dozen times before. He was tripping with friends and he wandered off.

[quote]

• people CAN control their actions. Drug ‘addiction’ is a misnomer you allow yourself to let it become a habit. Ultimately it wasn’t the drug that made your friend a junky, it was himself.[/quote]

Yes, for making the mistake to start with. Most people can get away with it, some cannot. You don’t know until you put the gun to your head and pull the trigger.

Down playing the dangers is idiotic.

Drugs are bad. If you don’t believe me watch a good documentary on drugs, like Requiem for a Dream. That will give you an accurate portrayal on what you can expect.

For example, you could end up in a mental institution, become a prostitute, or lose your arm. Or heck, maybe even all three. How would you like to end up a crazy, one-armed hooker?

zephead4747 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Worst. Post. Ever.

What he said.

fair enough but.

Give me a break. He had tripped at least a dozen times before. He was tripping with friends and he wandered off.

• people CAN control their actions. Drug ‘addiction’ is a misnomer you allow yourself to let it become a habit. Ultimately it wasn’t the drug that made your friend a junky, it was himself.

Yes, for making the mistake to start with. Most people can get away with it, some cannot. You don’t know until you put the gun to your head and pull the trigger.

Down playing the dangers is idiotic. [/quote]

No one should be tripping without a spotter, PERIOD.

It’s not a gun to your head, period. Your friend is weak, there’s no other way around it. Coke is still a reasonably soft drug compared to some of the other shit out there.

Yikes man, you are busting out some pretty harsh comments.