Experiences with Pregnenolone

I have been using it for about 5 weeks now at 25mg/day. It started off mild noticed some acne and a bit of mental clarity. 5 weeks in and def notice some improvements in energy levels and general well being handling stress better and more stable mood.

I’ve also being using it synergistically with Enclomiphene and I feel better than I have in a long time, even better than on TRT. Feel more like an upgraded version of myself rather than just a whole different person like TRT would make me feel.

Enclo helps maximize natural T levels, DIM to keep e2 in check and the pregnenoline to backfill any missing/low levels of other hormones (progesterone, cortisol…)

What’s been your experience with pregnenolone?

2 Likes

I’ve used 50mg in the mornings. Always mental clarity and feeling good mood wise.

I tend to run it for about a week, then go off for a few days, and back on. Just don’t wanna risk increasing estrogen too much. If at all.

But generally a good supplement.

I just discovered it 3 months ago. I use 20mg and it’s a noticeable difference. My motivation is awesome on this stuff.

maybe @NH_Watts will give us a quick update how he is feeling?

I take 100 mg a day and feel a difference without a doubt. Better mood, cognition/drastically reduced “brain fog”, more vivid dreams, nocturnal erections, possibly better sleep… other things are to subtle for me to associate them with Pregnenolone.

I also take 100 mg of DHEA almost daily, so I am unsure which of the two (maybe both?) is causing these improvements.

Most of my tiredness has subsided, thinking is def much clearer, mood uplifted noticeably. Still have some memory issues but recall is getting better. Im definitely noticing an improvement. I may have to consider DHEA now too though since it didnt come up. I will chat with Physiologik and see what he thinks.

1 Like

Interesting testimonials!

I’ve also noticed I have a much higher caffeine and alcohol tolerance… Has anyone had bloodwork done to gauge changes in hormone levels? I am a bit considered over the reason Health Canada has made it illegal: claiming that since we cannot control which hormones it changes, the unpredictability can increase likelihood of certain cancers and autoimmune disorders.

why did you begin using it? did you have a deficiency in something other than test? Also i am assuming this stuff is Rx only?

Its OTC in the US. My labs showed my level low.

1 Like

good to know. so you actually had a pregnalone test done? my DHEA-S level 8 weeks ago (before TRT began) was around 450 i think - it was above level and while i never had anyone say definitively that this was a problem , i did have a couple guys here mention that could be an adrenal issue …

Motivation, libido, energy, and how i recover from workouts … all of them need to kick it up a notch. My procrastination lately has gotten worse

yes sir

1 Like

Pregnenolone is different than pregnelone and you can buy it on amazon. Do a search for pregnenolone and men on google and you get lots of interesting topics on how it stops hair loss and gives energy and improves lots of things.

Personally I started taking it for more energy and it worked

1 Like

how would it stop hair loss? appreciate the info

NH - why did your doc test for this anyway? Just curious - I ordered the complete panel in three different categories and all the add ons (about 900 dollars OOP) just to get “every known value” because i thought getting the main 4 or 5 would be shortsighted. However this one was not in the panel.

@NH_Watts @physioLojik

By reversing something called the “pregnenolone steal” where the body is sacrificing essential hormones to make cortisol and keeping the body in a chronic state of anxiety. Things like hair and other non essentials to life become unnessary energy consumers and get sacrificed.

(Not the exact science but it basically illustrates the concept)

3 Likes

Mike,

Really interested to know where you get your enclomiphene from?

He didn’t order it I did. I spend about $200-$300 out of pocket each year for my own blood work. My co-pay is $55 with my doc so we are talking a few hundred bucks tops a year really.

1 Like

Great info - thank you

why would doctors not test for this as a part of a basic TRT panel

2 Likes

I question if eating enough cholesterol alone will allow your body to produce enough downstream hormones while on TRT.

I believe once on TRT, your body stops sending a strong signal to cholesterol to convert to other things. I could be wrong, but that’s just WHY many say backfill the pathways.

I eat plenty of whole eggs and Im very low on preg due to TRT.

1 Like