T Nation

Experiences with Carnivore Diet/Eating Strategy?

Anybody try this or familiar with this ?

I’ve read a bit about it and followed (at one-time) Dr. Baker and Chris Bell on Instagram and they post about it non-stop. I asked Paul Carter about it here:

Cool, thanks Marine.

I’m enjoying it thus far. Performance hasn’t suffered at all and has benefited in some regards.

This is similar but less hardcore version, has good feedback and probably a lot healthier…

This is sort of what I am doing now. The program calls it lean and greens, but it’s the same thing really.

How has it been ?

This sounds awful lol

It’s not exactly what I’ve been doing… I’m actually on a program called Optavia 5 and 1 and it’s been really great. I was very skeptical and have been pretty surprised about how good I feel on it and how easy it’s been.

I’m planning on doing a full write up on the program once I’m finished my next month. So far I’m down about 15 pounds in 4 weeks (212 - 197).

Right on. Keep me posted

It systematizes caloric restriction making it extremely easy. The food they provide is pretty questionable though. Cheap ingredients like soy protein.

If it’s working that’s great though.

Ya, I’m not a fan of the soy. It was one of my biggest hang-ups, but I like the results and it’s only 8-12 weeks.

Just beware that it falls in the crash diet category in my opinion. 5 snacks and a meal is 500 calories + your meal calories, so maybe 1500ish? Very low for most people.

It’s closer to 1800ish for me, but you’re not wrong. My coach and I adjusted it for my lean mass and lifting.

*I’m 5 weeks in and feel better physically than I have in a while tbh, I have been surprised myself.