Experiences with 20% Compounded T Creme?

Hi all -
First time poster! Brand new to TRT. My doctor is recommending (among other things) compounded 20% T creme. He says the absorption is excellent and levels are steady due to daily application.

I’d love to hear from others using 20% creme. What do you think? I know a lot of people seem to swear by injections, but I tried that years ago and didn’t love it.

Thanks for your wisdom.

What was your protocol? Maybe we could give some guidance. What didnt you love about it?

Actually and un-related, I was very sick 30 years ago (now in my 50’s). Lots of injections back then and just didn’t like sticking myself every week to take T. I’m sure for most people, especially using small needles, it’s no big deal. Also, the last time I was on T (6-7 years ago), these cremes were not an option.

Yeah smaller needles (I use 30g) and subQ is much easier mentally and physically. Good luck with the cream and keep up on the labs because sometimes application sites stop absorbing the T.

There’s also the issue of inadvertently transferring the creme to family members. That’s never a good thing. @brad_nyc

That may have been the problem, weekly injection is a poor protocol for the majority of men. The study below shows what happens on day 6 which is worse for low SHBG men, levels drop out of the optimal range and over time this dead zone gets wider until little relief is had from each new injection.

A modern TRT protocol is injecting multiple times a week, peaking testosterone levels once weekly is as far from natural as one can get, men not on TRT peak several times a day, you were peaking once a week.

Have a look at graph B
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/endocrj/53/3/53_3_305/_pdf

I am currently on a 10% cream, only been on just over 4 weeks so can’t say much yet. Next script will go to 20% though as my bloods say I only raised 100pts. I do feel slightly better though although I am an emotional right now as my estradial is getting high. Cannot say much about feeling level, I feel I have been though after I started to settle into it. It is still early though and have not done the injection route to compare to.

Right now my biggest issue is worrying about what I am going to be doing and worrying about washing or sweating the cream off before proper absorption. So for that matter I would rather be able to just inject and not have to worry about it at all.

As for stopping absorption eventually, I have read that It is not as big of a deal if you have a compounded cream from a compounding pharmacy versus the pharma gels but that is just what I have read, not from experience. My doc himself supposedly has been on it for a while and no problems though and same with a guy from the gym I go to. We will see on that aspect though, as I get along in treatment. Luckily my doc will allow me to go to injections if I have issues with cream but he would rather me on the cream due to the more level fluctuations if possible.

I’ve read differing views on this:

Does it matter where you apply the cream?

I’ve read after showing is best.

What say you? Arms, shoulders, where do you it ?

I read about someone who applied to testicles and others who said to NEVER do that.

Knowledgeable, informed answers PLEASE !

You may have to move it around since your skin loses sensitivity over time. I’ve put it behind my knees, under my bicep, and on my nutsack. You have to pick areas that wont come in contact with your children or wife.

I only apply behind the scrotum so far. In the morning after shower before I leave for work. Its different on creams vs gels. You don’t want to apply gels behind the scotum as they have a alcohol base and the sensitive skin isn’t going to like it. Compounded creams are different and designed for sensitive regions.

There may be some creams you may not want to also it depends on what carrier/base. Mine is by a compounding pharmacy so they designed it for that particular use.

1 Like

@rise80 Brother just wondered did you finally transition off Testosterone Cream onto *Testosterone Injections yet just wondering man if did so,i myself have too creams not working out so good for me. just wondered about you.

So for a lot of guys they can just put it right on their dick :lol:

1 Like

Unfortunately!! LOL

Thankfully, not in my case but with the ex…

2 Likes

Nope still on the cream. I’ve only gotten labs done once, saw improvement but still low with slightly elevated E so made adjustment with dosing and added an AI. Will do a new set of labs in about 2 weeks and see where we go from there. I’ll stick the course for the time being until I know that it is not working. I feel better from when I first started but still believe I can feel better so still working out the kinks. I’ve only been using the cream 6-7 weeks so not expecting everything to be where it needs to just yet.

yeah STUDHAMMER i put Test CREAM on my Dick, and then had made love to the wife. she woke up & Grew a GOATEE… @studhammer @alldayeveryday

1 Like

Yeah, things are much better now that I am on TRT and not an absolute cunt every waking moment. Funny how that can work LOL

1 Like

Lol. Aside from Jokes though, the Cream finally wearing off after 2 months on it everyday, Hopefully i don’t Build any Tolerances to Injections & don’t need large doses like 250mg to 300mg a week, hopefully 125mg week is enough.

That’s funny as shit!..but sadly true for a lot of married men

1 Like

Wow, you guys are on fire today. Just dont quit your day jobs

2 Likes

Nah, you’ll be good

1 Like