Experiences Wearing Masks in the Gym?

Not to the people putting the mandate in place. To them, being compliant is being okay with wearing one forever.

1 Like

I believe masks will be here until the mid-2020’s. That’s not forever, but it’s a long time off.

2 Likes

Only time will tell.

1 Like

They better start building more prisons or, perhaps, the citations will pay for the new infrastructure plan. There is a sunset on when people will have enough with masks and I’d wager it’s this summer.

It will end when the people have had enough. Until then, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

1 Like

I don’t see masks being around much in 2022. Perhaps they are used in the summer, fade in the fall, but come next year, I really don’t think they will be around much.

1 Like

I hope you’re right.

that’s sadistic… Getting a nosebleed and a fourth hernia just thinking about this

In Aus we don’t actually have to wear masks in gyms/out in public unless around medical practitioners in office because we don’t have any communicable transmission.

The downsides to our approach regarding elimination have been fairly extensive, though I’d argue at the same time we are lucky to be where we are right now. Our GDP is waaayyyy down, we are losing over 3 billion in tourism alone on a monthly basis as people are too afraid to travel interstate because state governments have a habit of haphazardly snapping borders shut for weeks or months at a time over a single case etc.

This approach isn’t sustainable, yet our state and federal government’s haven’t conjured up a plan as to how we can get our economy back on track.

Well mask mandates aren’t particularly difficult to enforce. It’s not as if masks are a commodity only seen behind closed doors.

You’re either wearing a mask or you aren’t. Start handing out 2000$ fines for not wearing a mask and people will either fall in line or revolt; I suppose this depends on the culture at hand

In Aus the population is rather submissive towards authority. This is generally not a bad thing per se until you have people brushing over blatant misconduct like scandals within parliament, political corruption, strip searching children for no good reason, conducting secret/out of public eye trials on whistleblowers etc.

If we are told to wear masks, we wear masks; out of the basic requirement to perform our civic duties and not wishing to cop a fat fine.

This is literally my point.

If laws are illogical, which current mask mandate conditions are, people will not abide. A $2,000 citation will not be enough for people to wear a mask, at a certain point. I suspect mid-summer will be the point for many people.

I don’t think they could get away with a $2K citation for not wearing a mask. States have already had to lower some fines as they don’t fit the crimes.

It worked in Australia/many other countries with relatively obedient cultures. Quite a few people were initially smacked with 2,000-20,000$ fines depending on the laws broken, it worked (to an extent, there will always be those who are disallusioned). People got fed up when mask mandates/visitor restrictions were still in place despite case numbers being between 0-2 per day for weeks on end.

At this point riots and police altercations started occuring as the police over here made a right ass out of themselves during covid by pulling shit like fining senior citizens for sitting down on park benches.

Had our case numbers been akin to the USA (even now) I guarantee you we’d still have a highly obedient cohort in terms of mask mandates who are invested in the prospect of public safety over “but this mask feels uncomfortable”.

America has this schtick that civil liberties triumph over all and appear to override the concept of performing basic civic duties.

Screams "entitled’’ in my unprofessional opinion. It’s not difficult to wear a mask, they’re one of the least expensive yet most efficient ways to curb communicable transmission. Covid was handled horrendously in the USA

1 Like

Not sure about the USA but here state governments were able to issue a state of disaster in which case custom, albeit temporary legislature could be pushed through quickly as to enforce mandates, penalties and whatnot.

To my knowledge my state is still in a state of disaster, which is absolutely pathetic considering we haven’t had a case in months… What disaster? The real disaster unfolding right now pertains to the unemployment rates, skyrocketing rates of drug abuse and alcoholism and the burden on our mental health related healthcare systems in response to social isolation, unemployment, omnipresent isolationist mentalities etc.

We have a right to liberties that we either have or we do not. if, they are removable without vote, then, yes, we are pissed off.

if the ‘basic civic duties’ are not reasonable or logical, then yes, people will not follow edicts when they are illogical. It is illogical to require someone wear a mask into a restaurant, then sit down and be able to take it off. The latest guidance is now 3’ of separation (social distancing). But also, having an immunization doesn’t preclude you from wearing a mask? If I walkthrough an outdoor restaurant, no mask is required, but put me inside and it is required to walk to my table. If an inside is created outside (tent), I no longer have to wear a mask, but if I’m inside, a mask is required. A mask is required, but there is not restrictions on the type of mask? I can literally, and I’ve seen it, wear a mesh mask?

I betcha there is a quite a bit of German citizens, in the 1900s, who wish they chose entitlement. If the Government has a precedent for conveniently removing rights when it’s beneficial to all, what’s to stop them from using this new right in the future?

1 Like

How about the 3M children who were only taken care of because they attended school 4-5 days a week that are now missing or dead, because their sperm and egg donors have no interest in their well being?

That is the greatest tragedy of all of this. I can’t state how this personally affects me, but it’s heartbreaking to me personally.

1 Like

Maybe unprofessional is a bad term but professionalism is meant for your job, not your life. And if not being entitled or selfish or whatever the label is today means the line is nowhere near this:

then that’s probably a good thing. We all saw the apologetic pregnant mother being taken crying out of her house by police in front of her family for a social media post and peaceful protesters (actual peaceful protesters lol) being dragged off by riot police.

1 Like

Damn that’s wild. I got vaccinated a while ago, and I’m thinking my state may fully reopen soon.

My powerlifting gym allowed us to go maskless if doing strenuous activity, as long as you could distance or if your spotters were already in your exposure circle/bubble. Seemed like a good approach. I only did masks for bench at first, but kept them across all lifts.

1 Like

We don’t have three million missing/dead children, not even close. We only have 20 million people within the entirety of Australia. Though there was admittedly something to be said about children in broken, abusive homes being unable to acquire a way out due to the restrictions.

From what I recall federal and state governments ended up accounting for this quickly by setting up assistance programs/shelters for children in need.

Nope, in Aus the masks had to be of industrial/medical grade quality. Mesh masks = fine and back during the heydey of restrictions walking around like a jackass in a mesh mask would’ve probably resulted in you getting called out in pubic.

From what I recall this arrest was inexcusable, though following more shit like this complacency wore off. The Victorian MP had his office windows shattered, riots and protests broke out and people started fighting the police.

What’s worse is the Victorian MP defended police actions, including one instance wherein an officer of the law stomped on an unarmed individuals head (leaving him in a coma)… In what world is this reasonable force?

At that point the lockdown had to end as civil disobedience and tension between the population/law enforcement had reached a breaking point

Currently the majority of fines dished out by law enforcement have been found to be unlawful; thus the majority presumably won’t be subject to payment.

It was highly unfortunate vicpol in particular interpreted covid-19 as an appropriate means to raise revenue.

Should be noted there was more to this. She was the leader of a Facebook group of which was encouraging people to go out and make a scene about restrictions. Furthermore the group would push conspiracy theories and the likes. From what I recall she had been planning and encouraging for others to attend a display of disobedience during harsh lockdowns, this was why she was arrested…

Still, the arrest was uncalled for at the time.

Damn… Our vaccine rollout has been pathetic.

We were supposed to have around 5 million vaccinated at this point but have only managed to jab 600,000 people!

1 Like