Experiences of HFT?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried any really high frequency training programmes, like the ones Chad Waterbury promoted a lot a few years ago?

I don’t plan on doing one any time soon, but I just thought HFT training would be a great way to build up work capacity and energy levels whilst maintaining size and strength, and I’m considering doing it after my current hypertrophy block.

But I’m a bit concerned about it as Waterbury hasn’t posted about it in quite a while and it’s not something that seems to be commonly done at all, is it any good? Has anyone tried it and do you have any comments on how it worked for you?

Thanks for your time.

Hi, i do upper lower split but i get CW newsletter. I enjoy training 6 days weekly and i use some of CW principles/approach. Below is a quote from a newsletter from him about 14 days ago.

“When you do high rep training the right way, you can build new muscle and train more frequently because it?s less stressful to the central nervous system (CNS) and joints. That?s why there are many body weight exercises in my new book, High Frequency Training. Coming October 16!”

I have no problem with HFT because i have small muscle(my blessing). From my understanding it is about joggling.
Avoid:

• to much muscle waste created by training
  • to much CNS fatigue/drain
  • avoid too much joint strain/stress

Any single 1 of these 3 can create us problems. We can overreach/cheat/surpass our personal capacity for a short while only if we are smart enough to rest enough to get back in balance.
Basically train smart.
Pushing is OK.
Pushing non stop is looking for troubles.
I can shorten a gym session because i like training. I try to make sure i am not forced to miss training because i kept pushing even when a painfull knee was showing me the exit door.
Hopefully i was clear enough and that might help you or someone else.
All the best!

How high of a frequency? I train full body 3x a week, with quite a bit of volume with no problems, but you have to get adapted into it. You can’t just jump in.

[quote]EthanETE wrote:
How high of a frequency? I train full body 3x a week, with quite a bit of volume with no problems, but you have to get adapted into it. You can’t just jump in. [/quote]

Yeah I used to do 3x a week, but the stuff he suggests is way more high frequency than that.

This is one of the articles, but there are loads: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_hft_handbook

Goes all the way up to 8 low volume full body workouts a week.

Holy smokes.WTF!!! I just read that and that’s insane to me.I just BARELY recover in time to do M-W-F. I also feel like it’s way too much work to have to track progression on 5+ exercise PER body part a week O_o !!

Good luck dude,tell me how it goes lmao! =p

[quote]EthanETE wrote:
How high of a frequency? I train full body 3x a week, with quite a bit of volume with no problems, but you have to get adapted into it. You can’t just jump in. [/quote]

Nice “I train low frequency” post in a “who trains high frequency” thread…

=/

I do about 8 gym visits in 6 days plus 6 sessions at home to keep my sessions short. At home about 15 minutes really poorly equiped, at gym about 30 to 50 min. usually 30 is on double gym visits. I could do more but not sustain it over 2 weeks probably.