Experiences from Creatine

Creatine is one powerful supplement. When I’m working out, normally without creatine I have plenty of veins popping out and a decent pump. But when I cycle back onto creatine, I can follow one vein down the whole length of my arms and chest. They pop out like crazy and muscles are about to burst and I look a lot more massive than I already am! I look like a maniac.

Not to burst my own bubble here but it becomes obvious why most of the guys at my school seriously thinks I’m on steroids. It also makes it easier to believe when I see huge guys at the gym are not on steroids. Sometimes I take it as a compliment and other times they just want to find some way to down me assuming that I have a little dick because my muscles are big (which is the common misconception that “normal” people thinks that happens when on steroids).

Like I care what guys thinks as long as the ladies know otherwise. I can see people from the corner of my eye looking at me in awe. Its just a good feeling. So what are you guys’ experiences that are not on steroids like? I’m sure I’m not the only one that has to hear this all the time.

Note: My respect for steroid users is the same as any other gym rat. I think its just cool to be accused of being on them when you’re not.

So the point of this thread was to brag about how you look good when you take creatine?

What is the “steroid look”? Veins popping out and a pump?

You can get your veins to pop out by lowering your body fat percentage and a pump by performing higher repped sets.

The point was to hear what other people have experienced and if they’ve been accused of taking steroids. No low amount of body fat percentage can have a person’s arms looking like mine was without supplements.

weird post

[quote]sed26 wrote:
The point was to hear what other people have experienced and if they’ve been accused of taking steroids. No low amount of body fat percentage can have a person’s arms looking like mine was without supplements.[/quote]

Yes, having low body fat can makes you look much more vascular, supplements or not.

I KNOW who is on steroids its apparent I sometimes talk to them. They are cool guys, and most I know are cutting back on their use. -probably because of all the shit government is doing to them-

Anyways I think only really ignorant people accuse hard working people of taking steroids. They just try to find any reason to put their work down.

Also creatine giving steroid affect? haha i hope thats a joke. Obviously you can look really good with lots of hard work and diet, but please supplements are NOT the reason for how you look. Its like 90%-exaggerated- diet and hard work, then genetics play a pretty large part also and supplements a very small role.

Creatine can absolutely make you look much fuller. It forces water into the cells. That’s how it works.

If you have not taken it, and then you start - you will notice a harder bigger pump. If you are lean - you will be more vascular.

It is a temporary thing, but it is real none the less.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Creatine can absolutely make you look much fuller. It forces water into the cells. That’s how it works.

If you have not taken it, and then you start - you will notice a harder bigger pump. If you are lean - you will be more vascular.

It is a temporary thing, but it is real none the less. [/quote]

Yes it makes you look fuller but fuller is not vascularity. Vascularity comes from leanness.

[quote]tykraus7 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Yes it makes you look fuller but fuller is not vascularity. Vascularity comes from leanness.

[/quote]

You are right, but the bigger the pump the more vascular you appear.

Think about it- you will figure out what I am saying.

Well by steroid look, I mean the pump which makes the veins stick out even when you’re not doing anything for a while. But yea have any of you guys been accused of steroids?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
tykraus7 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You are right, but the bigger the pump the more vascular you appear.

Think about it- you will figure out what I am saying. [/quote]

I understand what you are saying. Creatine may give you a pump but in my experience creatine didn’t give me a better pump. It did give me fuller muscles though which is obviously good.

[quote]tykraus7 wrote:
I understand what you are saying. Creatine may give you a pump but in my experience creatine didn’t give me a better pump. It did give me fuller muscles though which is obviously good.

[/quote]

In the 10 years that I have been off/on creatine, I know I can tell a difference in the pump when on vs. off creatine.

It’s really a moot point. If you are training hard, and eating right - you will grow.

I will say I was never accused of being on AAS, until I was on AAS.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
<<< I will say I was never accused of being on AAS, until I was on AAS. [/quote]

Nobody who actually looks like they’re on isn’t.

I find it a huge confidence boost when people ask or accuse me of being on steroids. The closest thing to steroids I have ever used are the OTC herbs that make up all the dime a dozen testosterone boosters. I don’t notice huge differences with creatine use in the weight room at all, but it definately helps on cardio days. I can jump rope/sprint/do plyometrics for very noticeable extended amounts of time.

I lift the same regardless of creatine use but seem to swell more, for at least a few weeks.

Steroids really don’t do anything but provide short cuts, at least in young people. Muscle is muscle. A guy who has lifted clean for 10+ years will be huge. He has payed his dues. A guy that has lifted with roids for 3 years might rival him. Others can’t tell who uses or not and assume that any one bigger and more muscular than average does. Who cares?

Take it as a compliment. You are bigger than them and they know it.

In these times anyone with a good amount of muscle and little fat is accused of being on steroids.

[quote]texasguy2 wrote:

I lift the same regardless of creatine use but seem to swell more, for at least a few weeks.

[/quote]

I thought I remembered reading a creatine thread that said you weren’t taking it anymore…I could be mistaking you for someone else, if so my bad.

[quote]texasguy2 wrote:
<<< Steroids really don’t do anything but provide short cuts, at least in young people. Muscle is muscle. A guy who has lifted clean for 10+ years will be huge. He has payed his dues. A guy that has lifted with roids for 3 years might rival him. Others can’t tell who uses or not and assume that any one bigger and more muscular than average does. Who cares? >>>[/quote]

If by this you are meaning to imply that similar results are attainable with or without enhancement, but it just takes longer naturally you are sorely mistaken. No human being that ever walked the face of this Earth has ever or will ever reach the monstrous proportions of current IFBB pros without pharmaceutical help. Not even if they trained for 200 years with flawless methods.