T Nation

Experienced Guys, I Need Advice!

Guys Im 5'11 and 85 kgs and starting to look bit chubby.
i slow bulked from 73.7 kgs to 85 kgs in 14 months (lost 2-3 kgs in between because of exams and all)
Planning to cut in a month or so, but i have few queries.
1- as a natural how many lbs i should aim to lose per week? (generally suggested 1 lbs but recently many places ive read 2 lbs a MONTH max!)

2- im estimating i may have to lose atleast 10 kgs to look decent and 12-13 kgs to look ripped. However i'll be skinny as hell. whats the best way out of this situation?

before my first cut - 82.7 kgs

3 months later - 73.7 kgs

now.

feeling reluctant to cut. Dont wanna end up skeleton mode again!!

You need to put on a lot more muscle before you consider cutting. It is important that you learn how to eat correctly so you can put size on without putting on significant fat. The more muscle you build the faster your metabolism will be which will make it easier to cut in the future, but at the same time the more muscle you put on the better your body composition will be and you will look better even at the same bf%. My suggestion would be to focus on getting stronger, that way when your moving more weight your getting bigger at the same time. Don't worry about cutting for a while just eat clean and do a little bit of cardio.

At your weight/size, you shouldn't worry about constantly cutting and bulking. You should be focusing on learning how to eat, and training with a consistent, basic program.

thanks for the reply guys!!
guess gotta hit 90 kgs and then reassess the situation.

I wouldn't aim for 90kg as this may force you to get there too quick and you will feel like you've out on too much fat and will just want to cut again.

Without being rude you definitely don't need to cut, you haven't got enough muscle to warrant a cut. You need to work out exactly how many calories your a currently burning at maintenance then keep adding until you are gaining muscle at a rate that is acceptable to you - you will gain a little fat during this time too, but if you are vigilant you can keep this to a minimum. Then when you feel you have enough muscle you can cut.

But again, cut down slowly otherwise you will lose muscle. IMO you need another 2 years of dedicated training and diet until you'll even need to start to consider a cut

Also remember, it's not always about the numbers - go by how you look in the mirror - not how much you weigh.

Between you cutting, bulking, and before pics, the only thing that looks different is your waistline. That's not a good thing. I won't mince words here: for 14 months of training, it doesn't look like you've made a whole lot of progress. At 14 months in, you should be able to see a very visible difference from when you started if you do it right.

It probably would be a good idea to start a thread in the Beginner's forum and post your height, weight, diet, routine, best lifts, and goals.

And don't cut. You already know you won't be satisfied with the results.

You might want to start a thread about your training and nutrition. I agree with pretty much every poster above me.

Yeah... Id focus on building more muscle mass before cutting.
If I were you, I would first take a look at your food intake. And then, learn how to train like a maniac! Training is everything, whether or not you training for the beach, or Mr Olympia. Find a training protocol and try it on.
Count at least your calories and see where you're at on the day-to-day.

Yeah... Id focus on building more muscle mass before cutting.
If I were you, I would first take a look at your food intake. And then, learn how to train like a maniac! Training is everything, whether or not you training for the beach, or Mr Olympia. Find a training protocol and try it on.
Count at least your calories and see where you're at on the day-to-day.

I always thought I trained 'intensly', guess ill have to try being 'maniac'!!
not a time to lose patience :slight_smile:
thanks for the replies!!

Read n learn. You can do HIIT and loose fat with same calories. Less social in the gym. We call it working out.
Be smart, the maniac who gets injured does not build up faster. There was just an article about Aerodyne or other Inside bike.
There was 1 about body recomp with kettle belt titled more or less 10,000 KB challenge, 1 K daily.