T Nation

Experience With Seanol?

jprenew.com/documents/app_A/SEANOL_APPLICATIONS_RESEARCH_OVERVIEW.pdf

Anyone have experience with this supplement, the reason I ask is because it has some pretty compelling research behind it… but the kicker why it could have some serious bodybuilding/lifting applications is this… (Taken from the above website)
I got 2 bottles of this and will report in the future on my results with it.

Obesity and Diabetes.
With respect to obesity, the body uses a key enzyme called DGAT as the final step in the
synthesis of triglycerides (TG). TG measurements are a part of one�??s cholesterol panels.
TG are circulating fat bodies that ultimately wind up in one�??s fat cells. TG are almost
always elevated in diabetes. SEANOL compounds can inhibit this enzyme by more than
50%. In tests with mice conducted by the University of Washington in Seattle,
Washington, (suppressing DGAT led to reduced body fat and increased physical activity.)
Most importantly, it encouraged leanness in the animals and resistance to a high fat diet.
In human obesity tests, 141 young adults were given a beverage containing SEANOL at a
daily dose of 200mmg/D. (THIS IS THE PART THAT GOT ME GOING GAAGOO GOOGOO!)

In just two weeks, average weight dropped over1.09kg, muscle
mass increased over 1.13kg, and body fat dropped 1.86kg (1kg = 2.2lbs). (Body fat in this
group dropped a highly statistically significant 7.48%. SEANOL blocks fat creation and
stimulates its combustion via increase in muscle mass.)
The latest scientific research shows that fat in one�??s diet directly impairs the ability of the
pancreas to manufacture insulin. The University of Washington mouse study showed that
SEANOL reversed fat deposition in liver and pancreas cells. Furthermore, they showed
that SEANOL served to markedly inhibit Nf-kB (�??nf kappa B�??) inflammation in the
pancreas. A recent Harvard (Joslin School of Diabetes) mouse study directly implicates
excessive fat deposition in the mouse pancreas as �??switching on�?? the Nf-kB inflammation A recent Harvard (Joslin School of Diabetes) mouse study directly implicates
excessive fat deposition in the mouse pancreas as �??switching on�?? the Nf-kB inflammation
pathway, resulting in full-blown type 2 diabetes and insulin insensitivity in the mice.
SEANOL reduces pancreas fat accumulation (through the down-regulation of the DGAT
enzyme) which helps restore insulin production and therefore should help reverse type 2
diabetes.