Experience with Kettlebells?

I love 'em.

I recommend the kettlestack - they are great for when it gets awkward loading large plates or running out of space on spinlock dumbbells.

I am very sceptical of magic programs.
Kettlebells were recommended to me by Marc Bartley (neither small nor weak) and I am doing the dragon door course in April.
I will let you know what I think afterward.

They’re a lot of fun to use. and the feeling is different than when lifting dbells.
But they just complement my barbell weightlifting routine, which I think is better than just lifting kbells.

[quote]liftergary wrote:
I am very sceptical of magic programs.
Kettlebells were recommended to me by Marc Bartley (neither small nor weak) and I am doing the dragon door course in April.
I will let you know what I think afterward.[/quote]

Ill be there as an instructor, be sure to holler at me.

i use em for warmups, i find the 24kg one works great for full body warmup … 4 sets of 10 for each hand from the ground up to the seeling makes you warm enough for the most part… and improves coordination etc …

also i use the 32kg one for the back, you have a wider handle so it’s a bit different.

they work for a one hand d-lift, which i find is great for a recovery exercise … tho i don’t have an access for a 62kg one to do that properly tho lol

it’s a tool use it wisely.

Kettlebells are definately not the miracle device Pavel would have you believe but I like them and there are some lifts they offer advantages over DBs on like swings. Its also much easier to do a two hands anyhow with KBs due to the height of the handle. KB “juggling” is also a favorite of mine and can’t be done with any other tool I know of. Juggling awesome GPP and is especially useful for fighters. If anyone is going to be at the Arnold Classic this weekend I’d recommend picking your KBs up there. They knock about $20 off and you also save a good $30 per KB since you dont have to pay shipping.

I have just recently started working with KB’s, about a month now, and I absolutly love them. I have had problems with my shoulders and wrist strength in the past and I don’t seem to have that anymore. I have also noticed that most of the guys that I am around that have been working with them for a long time now are not the mosters you see in some gyms, but they are solid as a rock. KB’s have been used be the Russian military as a staple of their fitness program and you see how big those boys get.

I have used them in programs. As said above, they are just another weight really.

However, KB swings, snatches and cleans are great. I wouldn’t buy any personally but the club I go to has a set.

I bought my kettlebell mostly for conditioning and endurance purposes and I like training with it, its really hooking. I can feel the swings everywhere. I think its really worth the money, kettlebell can last a long time and how much money people usually spend in supplements or something completely stupid? Yeah. Kettlebell is not something wortless.

Their good for swings and overhead presses and general stuff you can perform with a dumbbell. If you only have a barbell setup, having a kb or two doesnt hurt.

100x better for complexes than dumbbells

plus there’s a ton of shit you can do w/ them…

attach them to your barbell with jumpstretch bands while you bench is one thing louie has his guys doing recently.

there’s a ton of additional shit.

but personally i just like them better than dumbbells for cardio purposes, so much easier to do multiple exercises with just with how the handle and COG of the kbell is. You can’t really rack a dumbbell and do front squats with them… that alone opens sooooooo many variations of shit to do that it makes them a good idea imo.

kettlebells at one end of the track and have someone holding pads at the other, and do sprints back and forth 30 seconds each station. with a sprint in between.

while you can do this with dumbbells until you do it with kettlebells you don’t understand how much better they are for that kind of purpose.