Experience with Defy Medical

Here is a Dr that doesn’t concern himself with HCT, these two Docs had a beef with one another over on Excelmale on the HCT matter.

1 Like

Yeah, I think i read that he did his residency in cardiology.

1 Like

DR. Saya is the one who told me to get an echocardiogram and soon after got the diagnosis of Mitral Valve Regurgitation. My own docs were fumbling in the dark for years and still are.

2 Likes

I had a radioactive dye stress test done a few years ago, no issues reported. I’ve thought about getting about calcium score done on my own. My dad died young and I’m over weight so I’m a bit higher on the risk scale. Grand parents all lived long lives though, youngest one there to pass was 78, dad was 54.

I’m glad you got yours sorted out. Are you looking at a valve replacement in your future?

Not exactly. He clarified how worrying about hcg and donating blood is based on false fear

1 Like

So I was thinking about going with him. What is your advice with him verses defy ??

Totally different entities.

Tier1 is a doctors office. You work with the doctor and his number one focus is to get you optimized with a preventative Health approach . He explains what and why and you can ask questions and he will talk with you until you are satisfied and have received your answers.

With defy they are a clinic and a dispensary. Pretty much one size fits all. AI as needed . Start low then go up. Do a lab before dose changes and you pay for everything including a script to be sent to another pharmacy. They also make money on every script because you pay defy and they have the pharmacy send your stuff. High volume.

I’ve worked with Defy for my wife and my friends wife: they do not care to make you feel great ASAP. I had to ask them to increase thyroid and progesterone doses in both cases. They didn’t argue at all and said ok. It’s shcoking that a novice like me knows what the half life is and what a good starting dose is for a woman, and the doctor at defy was willing to undersose for 3 months and then do more labs and etc This happened twice. Yes both times I played husband for my wife and friend on the call.

They also never respond if you have questions that are of immediate importance. My wife was missing her period and she felt her T was very high . She called for 3 - 4 months and we never got the answer form the doctor. They just don’t give a F unless you pay for another consult. They will also screw the dose up. You cannot get the doctor to fix it because the stupid middle man won’t ask. My wife was told by the doctor she could take a specific dose starting out, and the secretary or whoever made the scripts would not do the same: we had to get angry and nasty Numerous times for her to comply. 4 dose changes in 3 months. Gets expensive man. I’ve heard of many folks having this issue.

I don’t like defy because they just don’t care about their patients. Have a question after the call with their doctor? Forget it: you will not get an answer until your next call.

With tier1 they will answer you quickly and you can communicate with the doctor and team quickly. They will optimize you out the door. They are not a dispensary. They send your script to the pharmacy and you order from them directly. They are a doctors office with a doctor who spends much time researching. This is doctor Howell and he’s got tons of experience as an expert in medical studies and hormones. They spend allot of time staying on top of hormone therapy so that they can provide their patients with the best care possible.

They have people from all over the world visiting them and you will notice his patients rarely have issues and tons of questions on these boards. This is because they get answers they didn’t know they had; they end up realizing the ya re dealing with an expert who is taking his own advice.

I especially appreciated that his story was almost exactly like mine. We are pretty much the same on terms of how our lives fell apart due to low t and thyroid issues. When I walked in his office it was a sense of relief. I left and got on the plane with my meds. I didn’t wait ten days like my wife did.

Right now during COVID you can do telemedicine with him versus having to visit . Take advantage of this before COVID is gone.

Just go watch the PCOS VIDEO On YouTube from Angie Nichols at tier1. Go watch videos form Scott Howell and Keith Nichols as well.

Read my other posts where I answered this same question.

I’m looking to move on from Defy for most of the reasons you mention. The cost on their meds is already high and the exorbitant shipping fees make it outrageous. What’s their cost at Tier1?

Honestly, at this point I can source test even more conveniently and far more cheaply than jumping through some clinic’s hoops and fees. I just need someone to write me a script for liothyronine. I can take it from there. This stuff is not rocket surgery.

1 Like

Glad you said that. Tier1 is a full service HRT provider. They will give you the best solution for your needs. They are not cheap nor expensive. Give them a ring and see if they fit your needs. They aren’t really trying to script . They want to fix you and give you health and wellness. Tell them what you are doing and why. See what they say. Maybe they have a better option for you.

If you just want a script I wouldn’t go to tier1 buddy

Those labs are from his pcp. Defy definitely tests free t and does not test lh fsh once on trt

1 Like

Pretty sure LH was included on my last follow up blood work with them. FSH, however, was not.

They haven’t tested either for me since the initial tests, for whatever that is worth.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding tier 1. I am definitely going to look into it. If Defy screws around trying to squeeze money out of me vs making me feel my best then I have option 2.

1 Like

Is Tier1 Dr. Nichols, aka, Yeti on this board?

This is how I felt and what I did. Liothyronine is pretty easy to source. Much easier than Test (you can buy it as a research chemical legally). Use a blood test to confirm quality of it.

I actually tapered down on T3, after losing some weight. I can’t tell a difference off of it TBH, and still losing fat.

Yes.

These are often just a package with the testing lab and not an extra cost. Sometimes it’s more money to omit the test for LH because it becomes a la carte instead of the package.

1 Like

I have used Defy for about 5 years and have been quite satisfied with them and have found them more then willing to work with me on my issues

When I first started with them I was working with Dr John Crisler…one of the best in the industry in my opinion…he got too busy with his own practice and left (he has since pasted away from a congenital heart defect… RIP Dr Crisler.)

Since Dr John left…I have been working a P.A named Melissa Faulk…gotta admit it was a little weird talking to a woman about “Guy problems” but gotta admit that she’s been very understanding, professional and great to work with…and def seems to know her stuff.

Someone mentioned problems with getting prescriptions…I’ve had no such problems at all.

As a few have sounded off…I’d drop the clomid!
I’ve had my kids but In my own case,… I’ve found that I just feel better with HCG…can’t really even tell you how I feel better…I just do!
I’ve also found out that I don’t need all that much HCG to do the job…I’m currently using 80 IU daily and its about right…If I go over 120 I.U daily…I start noticing estrogen issues.

1 Like

I’m using Justin Groce at restore clinic in TN. Dudes customer service and knowledge and willingness to help and try things outside the “norm” are second to none!

1 Like

Yeah, I figure as much. Wasn’t really complaining, just stating that it was there.
I haven’t paid much attention really. They’re a lot more comprehensive labs than the previous doc.