Expendables 3

Sly offered Steven Seagal a spot in EX3 but he declined. Now he’s trying to get Jackie Chan. Read Sly’s tweet in that article. He says the Expendables franchise was always supposed to be humorous and on the self-parody side instead of some serious action series with say, dear lord, [/i] themes [i].

Oh, and also he’s trying to get Wesley Snipes and… wait for it…

Nicholas Cage…

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Nicholas Cage…[/quote]

OH HOLY FUCK YES!!

Michael Jai White, Carl Weathers or Donnie Yen would be cool too.

I don’t see Jackie Chan accepting, it doesn’t seem like something he’d go for, especially not at this stage in his career now that his Police Story and Drunken Master days are behind him, he seems happier with a cut and dry happy funny action movie. His latest one CZ12 might have skirted the border more between comedy and action, but I still don’t see him re-transitioning.

Nicolas Cage on the other hand I can see joining, because I don’t think he’s turned down a role ever, in anything, since the beginning of his career.

Wesley Snipes was Stallone’s first choice to play Hale Caesar, then that jail thingy got in the way.

Cage is just going to see this as an opportunity to act like a lunatic again. Scenery is on the menu.

They really should cast Donnie Yen and let him choreograph the fight scenes.

I want Van Dam back he was the best of the old guys. have him be the good twin like he’s been in three or four films and join the group. also we need Rourke back

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
I want Van Dam back he was the best of the old guys. have him be the good twin like he’s been in three or four films and join the group. also we need Rourke back[/quote]

Yes to both. Nicholas Cage doesn’t belong on screen with the rest of these guys. He is not on the same level.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
I want Van Dam back he was the best of the old guys. have him be the good twin like he’s been in three or four films and join the group. also we need Rourke back[/quote]

Yes to both. Nicholas Cage doesn’t belong on screen with the rest of these guys. He is not on the same level.[/quote]

Not as far as being an action hero, no.

In the sense of campy overacting, giving not a single fuck and pure, unrestrained entertainment, he’s equal to any of them.

I think I need to post this again to demonstrate how great this could be

Nicolas Cage is the one and only son of God.

I almost feel like Vampire’s Kiss is a masterpiece in comedic cinema.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Yes to both. Nicholas Cage doesn’t belong on screen with the rest of these guys. He is not on the same level.[/quote]

In the sense of campy overacting, giving not a single fuck and pure, unrestrained entertainment, he’s equal to any of them.

Good point.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

Different movies, different dialogue, but every actor in that clip wear the same wearied look of regret on their faces.

Wearied look of regret LOL. Cage looks semi-depressed/paranoid/(add your favourite adjective) in every film, and in real life!

Hard To Kill. Might contain one of the most hilarious Seagal moments ever captured on celluloid.

I wish they’d just overpay all of these actors and throw them into one film and see what kind of ugly mutated slosh comes out of the machine.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

Hard To Kill. Might contain one of the most hilarious Seagal moments ever captured on celluloid.

I wish they’d just overpay all of these actors and throw them into one film and see what kind of ugly mutated slosh comes out of the machine.[/quote]

I just watched that like 15 times.

I love how Seagal is completely oblivious to how hilarious he is. I think that probably only makes him funnier.