Expendables 2

[quote]Daniel-San wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
They’re making another one? I thought the first one was the worst film since Steel Magnolia. In fact, it was worse. It was the worst movie I’ve ever seen.[/quote]

WUT?
And now we know why DB box squats in the nude…[/quote]

Hey, can you get that chair at IKEA?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Oh, I don’t know. Maybe some mental stimulation? Mindless action to me means “I’m too stupid to think about one topic for more than a few fleeting seconds, and even then it had better be about explosions and guns or I am not interested, mostly because I lack the mental acumen to be interested in anything else anyways.”
[/quote]

You went into this movie thinking it was going to have mental stimulation?

I knew exactly what it would be, that’s why I bought it.[/quote]

Yup… I doubt anyone was expecting mental stimulation from it. Just good ol’ fashion American action.[/quote]

Dude, seriously.

A nice meal is always nice, but fast food can HIT THE (G) SPOT.

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Daniel-San wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
They’re making another one? I thought the first one was the worst film since Steel Magnolia. In fact, it was worse. It was the worst movie I’ve ever seen.[/quote]

WUT?
And now we know why DB box squats in the nude…[/quote]

Hey, can you get that chair at IKEA?[/quote]

Probably…

Script Sucked azz, Casting was Perfection. and I would watch it all over again on the big screen. Because sometimes you just need to see a AA-12 guilt free:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It was a basic movie…for people with short attention spans who like to see shit blow up…which most guys need from time to time.

I mean, sometimes you don’t have time to make love and you just want to fuck.[/quote]

So was Predator though, and Demolition Man, and Rambos 6-10, etc… and they were all FAR better than this piece of shit that Stallone dropped out his ass.

This was among the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

You want to see shit explode, go watch the fireworks. I need some semblance of a plot.

Laughing hard at the Ikea dildo ad.

man, I will sure be glad when the uptight politically correct politicians die off so people will actually find that funny like it was meant to be.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It was a basic movie…for people with short attention spans who like to see shit blow up…which most guys need from time to time.

I mean, sometimes you don’t have time to make love and you just want to fuck.[/quote]

So was Predator though, and Demolition Man, and Rambos 6-10, etc… and they were all FAR better than this piece of shit that Stallone dropped out his ass.

This was among the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

You want to see shit explode, go watch the fireworks. I need some semblance of a plot. [/quote]

I only saw it once…but the plot wasn’t any worse the first 3 Fast and Furious movies and those will probably be in sequels until your grandkids are out of college.

Plot - Stallone and his long-time team of mercenaries blast the ever-loving shit out of an Island Dictator’s paradise. Terry Crews turns dudes into tomato paste with the fucking LOUDEST auto-shotgun in the universe.

Statham stomps the piss out of some pussy woman beater and all his buddies on a basketball court in one of the coolest scenes in the movie…

Cue end credits.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Plot - Stallone and his long-time team of mercenaries blast the ever-loving shit out of an Island Dictator’s paradise. Terry Crews turns dudes into tomato paste with the fucking LOUDEST auto-shotgun in the universe.

Statham stomps the piss out of some pussy woman beater and all his buddies on a basketball court in one of the coolest scenes in the movie…

Cue end credits. [/quote]

If you reword this a little, change some names and BOOM, the Dirty Dozen. A FAR superior film. My point is that the action film in general isn’t a braindead genre by any means, but films like this are quickly turning it into one. I want to see movies that are pure action sometimes, don’t get me wrong. But why does it have to be “mindless action”? Am I wrong to demand more from the film industry in this respect? And am I also wrong to demand more originality from Hollywood as well? I am sick and tired of the same remakes and the same, formulaic films being puked out of the studios year after year.

I saw Thor last night. You know what? I hated it. Why? Because I’ve already seen it. It’s the exact same movie as Ironman 1 and 2, all of the Spiderman films, The Fantastic Four, Transformers, and most likely will be the same as the Green Lantern.

I’m partial to Batman, so maybe I’m a little biased, but I think that Batman Begins, and the Dark Knight to an even greater extent, have shown that it’s possible to make a movie about a comic book character that still has some level of depth and intrigue without sacrificing action. On top of all that, the fact that virtually all of the special effects in those other movies are CGI, and thus make me feel like I’m watching a cartoon, cheapens the experience for me. I want to see REAL shit blowing up, and if a movie loses some sort of effect or it can’t properly be done without shooting every single fucking scene in front of a bluescreen, then it doesn’t have much to offer to me.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
…Batman Begins…[/quote]

I freaking hate that movie. A freaking microwave would heat up all water. People are like 80% water. Hell the damn streets are wet but somehow unaffected.

It is simply too enormous a plot hole for me to ignore. I cannot watch that freaking movie because of it. It pisses me off every time.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I’m done with this thread.[/quote]

U sure?.. A lot of text here →

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

If you reword this a little, change some names and BOOM, the Dirty Dozen. A FAR superior film. My point is that the action film in general isn’t a braindead genre by any means, but films like this are quickly turning it into one. I want to see movies that are pure action sometimes, don’t get me wrong. But why does it have to be “mindless action”? Am I wrong to demand more from the film industry in this respect? And am I also wrong to demand more originality from Hollywood as well? I am sick and tired of the same remakes and the same, formulaic films being puked out of the studios year after year.

I saw Thor last night. You know what? I hated it. Why? Because I’ve already seen it. It’s the exact same movie as Ironman 1 and 2, all of the Spiderman films, The Fantastic Four, Transformers, and most likely will be the same as the Green Lantern.

I’m partial to Batman, so maybe I’m a little biased, but I think that Batman Begins, and the Dark Knight to an even greater extent, have shown that it’s possible to make a movie about a comic book character that still has some level of depth and intrigue without sacrificing action. On top of all that, the fact that virtually all of the special effects in those other movies are CGI, and thus make me feel like I’m watching a cartoon, cheapens the experience for me. I want to see REAL shit blowing up, and if a movie loses some sort of effect or it can’t properly be done without shooting every single fucking scene in front of a bluescreen, then it doesn’t have much to offer to me. [/quote]

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Exactly. Who watches a Stallone movie and gets disappointed they just watched a Stallone movie?[/quote]

Ever seen Oscar?

[quote]Raw Finn wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I’m done with this thread.[/quote]

U sure?.. A lot of text here →

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

I’m partial to Batman, so maybe I’m a little biased, but I think that Batman Begins, and the Dark Knight to an even greater extent, have shown that it’s possible to make a movie about a comic book character that still has some level of depth and intrigue without sacrificing action. On top of all that, the fact that virtually all of the special effects in those other movies are CGI, and thus make me feel like I’m watching a cartoon, cheapens the experience for me. I want to see REAL shit blowing up, and if a movie loses some sort of effect or it can’t properly be done without shooting every single fucking scene in front of a bluescreen, then it doesn’t have much to offer to me. [/quote]
[/quote]

Oh that? That was due to some censorship issues between me and the mods. They’ve been cleared up since then. It had nothing to do with the actual thread itself. ModStarr, LowFat Matt and Mod J-Rod are awesome! Shugart? Eh…

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Gay.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Gay. [/quote]

This is what happens when you watch The Expendables too often. An otherwise highly-intelligent poster is reduced to monosyllabic insults when faced with a well-voiced opinion that differs from their own. Carry on.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Gay. [/quote]

Aw shit! It’s ON!!!

Man when I saw the cast list for Expendables(first one) i was like “ohhh this should be fun” then I saw and was surprised at how BORING a movie could be when you have a cast list like that.

I think with all the actors in that movie everyone seeing it is expecting a combo of all those actors best movies in 1 super awesome movie which is never going to happen for any genre. With that aside it was good but not great but with such high expectations good=not so good. I thought his last rambo was great so I was expecting something like that but with more known actors.

Oh also with all the old action movies part of the appeal was usually 1 guy vs everyone else. This movie was a team of those guys which ends up being like the fantastic 4 or something. (Won’t say X-men because I like those).

It was an ACTION movie. Shit, half of Arnold’s movies sucked plotwise, but the muscles and the explosions (and the occasional gratuitous boob shot) made up for it. I loved it and I can’t wait to see the next one!

I’ll agree with you on the CGI - that shit is annoying. But why hold a movie to a standard that it’s clearly not trying to meet?