Exhausted from Construction

I’ll post a reply to everyone tonight, working atm but remembered I haven’t checked in in awhile.

Real quick though, I must say my endurance has improved immensely.

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies. In regards to slowly working up to strength building work outs, I agree. My back (believe it or not) still hurts every few days on and off, I believe actually working out these muscles in the sense of trying to get bigger/stronger would be dumb at this point in time.

Once I start to feel better, I have to do something at work that I know during that very moment I’m going to feel later. Some type of NSAID and stretching definitely does wonders and as long as I keep moving I don’t usually have too many complaints.

I believe I am still losing fat and gaining weight. I’ve never looked so healthy in my life. Especially with the bike even my legs are feeling more unstoppable everyday. Every once in awhile I’ll challenge myself to get up some mountains of hills around here. Totally awesome feeling when I make it, even after a super crazy day at work.

The way you explained sternum pushups reminds me of how they did it in the Marine Corps. (That’s a whole other story in itself.)

I am eating a lot more and keeping hydrated (not gonna lie still drink mad caffeine) but feel way better at the end of the day when I don’t drink much caffeine at all. Some jobs I just need the kick. Most of my fatigue in the past week or two has come from me working on a personal project as well as a shop I’m opening here soon.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I do read these replies believe it or not, just sometimes forget to reply if I get caught away with life which can be busier at times than others (for example, just got done packing stuff (11:30p) cause im moving tomorrow after work).

Have a good night/day guys.

3 Likes

Just to add to the hydration discussion, one easy way to check your hydration status is to take certain observations about your urination and urine itself.

All you have to remember are The Three C’s to Urination :slight_smile:

1. Clear- It’s pretty self explanatory. Ideally, you want your urine to be clear to very light yellow. I’ve worked commercial landscaping so I know this isn’t always possible. But at the very least recognize that if your urine has gotten to an amber color that heat exhaustion issues like cramps, lightheadedness, and even passing out are a real threat and you need at the very least a short water break.

2. Copious- When you piss, there should be a lot of it. 'Nuff said.

3. Consistent- You should be peeing frequently.

Hope this helps you or anyone else that takes a look at this thread.

1 Like

I’ll be able to start my own little blog here with all the information I’m getting, hahaha.

Thanks Fletch.

I’ve actually noticed more frequent and healthier urines since it’s gotten cooler out as well.

I forgot to add in my last last post, I seemed to slightly hurt the inside of my knee somehow? What could this be from?

I’d lean towards tightness from riding a lot. I’ve used pnf stretching techniques to keep from tightening up. Maybe look into your bike set up and riding mechanics. A couple of tweaks on your set up can really go a long way. On the other hand, if you’re using too much quadricep (front of your leg) especially on these hills, your knees and back will pay for it.

The AthleneX channel (Jeff Cavaliere) has some very good video demonstrations.

Broke my hand on my way to work boys.

That sucks, sorry to hear it. What are you going to do?

Is it broken really badly or just a couple of bones?

Sounds weird, I know, but I’ve broken a couple of bones in my hand that just needed reset and immobilized (splinted) for a few weeks when I was cutting trees. Not a problem.

On the other hand, a friend of mine- a surgeon- shattered a few bones in his hand between the breaks lever wrecking a mountain bike and needed like 3 surgeries. Big problem!

It’s one of those things where YMMV. I broke mine this summer and still played baseball. It was my catching hand too.

Well happened on a Friday have to wait til tomorrow when the bone doc is open to see what the final outcome will be whether splint, cast, etc.

Currently in a splint.

Turning on the bike (lol) and was going pretty fast, leaning too close to the ground, pedal stuck and I got thrown off pretty violently and landed on my wrist.

I have a high pain tolerance hurt a good bit but didn’t really start to bother me til towards the end of the day, probably from me lifting heavy glass and shit during the morning. It got to the point where pushing a broom was making me sick to my stomach. I fought through that for an hour before I’m like I think its broke guys I need to go to the hospital.

Work said I can do light duty. Not worried there, well at all actually. Just an inconvenience but on the plus side it’s only temporary.

Not the boxer’s fracture, those are old. Look at the metacarpals on their base right above my wrist on the pointer and middle finger.

I’m glad to hear you’re able to do light duty at your job until your hand heals.

The swelling in your metacarpals is present; what did the doctor prescribed for treatment?

I like your Jesus wrist band - hold onto Him!

2 Likes

That’s a busy little area there with a bunch of bones and ligaments. I’ve actually jambed that a few times snowboarding without breaking anything, but you’d damn sure bet that it was if you saw or felt it. Hurt like a mo fo for months too.

Best of luck man.