Exercises That Make You... Fart, lol

I was doing front squats the other day with my workout partner and farted like 5 reps in a row on my last set and nearly had to bail on the bar because I started to feel weak from laughing. This also happens sometimes on leg press, pull ups and way too much on chest supported rows, which I actually stopped doing when the gym’s busy because I would always have to wait until the area is clear to do a set so no one would hear, lol.

Today, I had a client lunging by the leg press and the guy on it, mid-set, let rip one of the loudest farts I’ve ever heard in my life causing my client to lose her balance and having to set to weights down to laugh, lol.

Anyone else have problems with this, lol?

Edit: Meant to put this in GAL, oops.

I believe a hernia can happen from doing that. Especially in squats…

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
I believe a hernia can happen from doing that. Especially in squats…[/quote]

That makes sense, going to have to learn to control this better.

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:
I was doing front squats the other day with my workout partner and farted like 5 reps in a row on my last set and nearly had to bail on the bar because I started to feel weak from laughing. This also happens sometimes on leg press, pull ups and way too much on chest supported rows, which I actually stopped doing when the gym’s busy because I would always have to wait until the area is clear to do a set so no one would hear, lol. Today, I had a client lunging by the leg press and the guy on it, mid-set, let rip one of the loudest farts I’ve ever heard in my life causing my client to lose her balance and having to set to weights down to laugh, lol.

Anyone else have problems with this, lol?

Edit: Meant to put this in GAL, oops.[/quote]

So you are saying that the fart blew your client over?

On a serious note when your large intestines have gas in them when you put gas under pressure say with squats or leg presses the gas is going to move where there is least resistence. That is the hole in your butt, aka the pooper, and the gas escsapes causing a ripping sound called a fart.

I am just kidding man, happens to me all the time when I am squatting. Embarrissing but very funny. Just watch out for sharts. lol.

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

That makes sense, going to have to learn to control this better.[/quote]

Just got to focus on keeping your core tight. But hearing that you do fart on pull ups is just plain weird. Fart machine?

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
kingbeef323 wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

That makes sense, going to have to learn to control this better.

Just got to focus on keeping your core tight. But hearing that you do fart on pull ups is just plain weird. Fart machine?

The pull ups is very rare, it’s happened like twice. It’s mainly squats/leg press/CS row for me.

This is funny! Sounds like you have a gas problem. If if feel the urge I usually wait till it passes before I start the set. The leg press makes me sound like I’m farting as the lordosis in my back flattens out against the pad, maybe people think I’m farting.