Exercisers Stress the Healthcare System

Quoth Rush Limbaugh.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200906110027

He still gets good ratings? The health care system is overrun with sports injuries? Really? The majority of my patients have diabetes and high blood pressure. They also don’t exercise. What general clinic has he worked in where the knee injuries surpass systemic disease?

Why does he still have a voice in public?

*repeatedly bangs head on keyboard"

Sweet, I’m goin to the hospital!

Somebody kill him please…

He has a voice because ultra-conservatives believe that if you tell a lie often enough and loud enough it sounds like a fact.

lol read the comments page.

“Just exercise freaks?
Let’s not forget those damned non-smokers.”

"and the idiots that just say no to drugs. "

“yeah, at least he’s not a hypocrite…”

“See, at least when Limbaugh rants about people who exercise you know he has the courage of his convictions.”

I laughed. He said that just to get a reaction like this.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
He still gets good ratings? The health care system is overrun with sports injuries? Really? The majority of my patients have diabetes and high blood pressure. They also don’t exercise. What general clinic has he worked in where the knee injuries surpass systemic disease?

Why does he still have a voice in public?[/quote]

I was hoping the doc would see this thread.

Here is the problem with all these idiots who have talk and tv shows. It goes back to the saying that it is better to be quite and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. This fucker has to talk too much and inevitably he is going to say a lot of stupid shit.

While i’m no fan of Limbaugh, if you listen to the clip in its entirety he’s making a point about the government telling people what they can and cant do. He’s being sarcastic. Mediamatters takes short clips of people they don’t care for or agree with and run them completely out of context. They are the farthest thing there is from a reliable news source. Choose somewhere else to get your information from if you want anything close to the truth. They’re right up there with moveon.org.

When he said those sentences he was in fact referring to obamas words where he said that people with diabetes and high blood pressure would be put on weight control under his nationalized health care. Making the point since they are overburdening the health care system they need to practice preventive measures. Which I agree they are, but to force some one to lose weight in order to receive health care was his point.

I agree he is a pompous and arrogant sob. So then he said whats next? Telling people that they cant work out because they might injure themselves and be a burden to the healthcare system. That was his point, where do they stop. i.e. the Government.

He’s right. Especially about recreational endurance athletes. All those idiots who bike, run, climb rocks, etc… are constantly getting injured. Go to a chain gym and look at how many of the people on the cardio deck are wearing braces and supports of some kind. It’s quite a high number.

You’ve got all these 50 year olds blowing out their knees and other bodyparts because all they want to do is run a goddamn marathon. That seems to be everyone’s definition of fitness. Run yourself into the ground. Forget about looking or performing strong, all anyone in the mainstream cares about is endurance.

Those words… from the same hypocrite drug addict who said:

"If (Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let’s be rid of them.
– Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

“There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.
What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we’re not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.”
– Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

I’m amazed people STILL listen to this asshole like he’s stating their case. Same asshole who said he hopes Obama fails. Imagine someone saying that when Dubya was in. They would have been called anti-American and unpatriotic.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
He’s right. Especially about recreational endurance athletes. All those idiots who bike, run, climb rocks, etc… are constantly getting injured. Go to a chain gym and look at how many of the people on the cardio deck are wearing braces and supports of some kind. It’s quite a high number.

You’ve got all these 50 year olds blowing out their knees and other bodyparts because all they want to do is run a goddamn marathon. That seems to be everyone’s definition of fitness. Run yourself into the ground. Forget about looking or performing strong, all anyone in the mainstream cares about is endurance.[/quote]

Well,what are they supposed to do…they’re afraid of being muscular and strong…they will be shunned and be labeled as disgusting. I bet you like to hear yourself talk.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Well,what are they supposed to do…they’re afraid of being muscular and strong…they will be shunned and be labeled as disgusting. I bet you like to hear yourself talk. [/quote]

What should they do? Start lifting weights or take up a real sport, that’s what.

Needless to say, endurance events aren’t “real sports”.

Eric Cressey commented on the stuff that I mentioned in my last post.

_repair/6_mistakes_fitting_round_pegs_into_square_holes

Second page halfway down, see the video.

See those half-crippled fucks tripping over themselves in that marathon? That’s what I’m talking about.

These people are real degenerates. They are getting their “runner’s high”, eating their government-sponsored high carb, low protein diet and having fun while burning out their adrenal glands and contributing to accelerated aging. If you ever speak to them, you will find that they all come with the same, “high energy” personality. Carbon copies, practically.

The sad thing is, what I have just described is the very definition of “fitness” for most of the general public.

There is something repulsive about watching grown adults beating themselves up, particularly when they’re geriatric like some of these chumps.

Did you ever see a clumsy old woman fall over? Wasn’t a pretty sight, eh?
No one wants to see that kind of shit on a regular basis. But that’s exactly what all these endurance events entail. Someone always blows out their knee or back during these things.

Here’s what I’m getting at:
There is something called dignity, which is supposed to come with old age.
These people never got the memo. They are throwing their bodies through the ringer and it’s painful to watch.

And what do they have to show for it? Nothing besides broken bones and scar tissue. They have no records to boast of. Their athletic performances are terrible. Their physiques are equally bad; most of them look like shit even if they “train” every day.

So, I’ll tell you what I’d do with them.

I’d strap them into one of those orbitron machines used to train astronauts and set it to spin at the highest velocity. Then, simply leave them there. No harm done, they’d probably love the “rush” it gave them - right up until they got a well-deserved heart attack.

Women who engage in endurance training can be forgiven, since women don’t know shit about fitness anyway, but for men this behavior is inexcusable.
Endurance training should be punishable by castration.

Anyways, Rush Limbaugh is right when he implies that people like that are driving up healthcare costs. They obviously have no business partaking in those activities.

[quote]denv23 wrote:
While i’m no fan of Limbaugh, if you listen to the clip in its entirety he’s making a point about the government telling people what they can and cant do. He’s being sarcastic. [/quote]

If you know Limbaugh, exactly, you know it’s designed to elicit a reaction.

Hey IronDwarf, we may disagree on politics, but you are looking bigger lately, did you do that bigger arms in 24 hours thang? :slight_smile:

It’s true. Im in the industry and i confirm the extreme frequency of chronic injuries. Knees need surgery all the time. Some people 2-3 times. Hips, shin splints, foot fractures, tendon issues etc… Very common and basically a daily staple. So as annoying as it is, he’s right.

In my country there was a saying about athletics. " through sports into special needs " Well more or less it translates like that. It;s a reference to people who overexercise their bodies and break them down. It all manifests with age. All you heavy squatters and such, wait till you;re in your 40’s or 50’s and your joints act up daily from the years of heavy lifting. Everyone wears out.

You can wear out through exercise or you can wear out through inactivity and food abuse, either way you WILL wear out and start using the health care system. If not for diabetes then for other issues.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
When he said those sentences he was in fact referring to obamas words where he said that people with diabetes and high blood pressure would be put on weight control under his nationalized health care. Making the point since they are overburdening the health care system they need to practice preventive measures. Which I agree they are, but to force some one to lose weight in order to receive health care was his point.

I agree he is a pompous and arrogant sob. So then he said whats next? Telling people that they cant work out because they might injure themselves and be a burden to the healthcare system. That was his point, where do they stop. i.e. the Government.
[/quote]

Exactly, this si what happens when you take things out of context. He was trying to illustrate a point about the government dictating your lifestyle.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Those words… from the same hypocrite drug addict who said:

"If (Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let’s be rid of them.
– Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

“There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.
What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we’re not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.”
– Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

I’m amazed people STILL listen to this asshole like he’s stating their case. Same asshole who said he hopes Obama fails. Imagine someone saying that when Dubya was in. They would have been called anti-American and unpatriotic.[/quote]

I hope Obama fails at getting done what he wants, because it doesn’t work. that would be him succeeding in my opinion, however.

Big_Boss wrote:
Well,what are they supposed to do…they’re afraid of being muscular and strong…they will be shunned and be labeled as disgusting. I bet you like to hear yourself talk.

What should they do? Start lifting weights or take up a real sport, that’s what.

Needless to say, endurance events aren’t “real sports”.

Eric Cressey commented on the stuff that I mentioned in my last post.

_repair/6_mistakes_fitting_round_pegs_into_square_holes

Second page halfway down, see the video.

See those half-crippled fucks tripping over themselves in that marathon? That’s what I’m talking about.

These people are real degenerates. They are getting their “runner’s high”, eating their government-sponsored high carb, low protein diet and having fun while burning out their adrenal glands and contributing to accelerated aging. If you ever speak to them, you will find that they all come with the same, “high energy” personality. Carbon copies, practically.

The sad thing is, what I have just described is the very definition of “fitness” for most of the general public.

There is something repulsive about watching grown adults beating themselves up, particularly when they’re geriatric like some of these chumps.

No one wants to see that kind of shit on a regular basis. But that’s exactly what all these endurance events entail. Someone always blows out their knee or back during these things.

These people never got the memo. They are throwing their bodies through the ringer and it’s painful to watch.

And what do they have to show for it? Nothing besides broken bones and scar tissue. They have no records to boast of. Their athletic performances are terrible. Their physiques are equally bad; most of them look like shit even if they “train” every day.

So, I’ll tell you what I’d do with them.

I’d strap them into one of those orbitron machines used to train astronauts and set it to spin at the highest velocity. Then, simply leave them there. No harm done, they’d probably love the “rush” it gave them - right up until they got a well-deserved heart attack.

http://www.tommybartlett.com/hr_images/HR_Orbitron.jpg

Women who engage in endurance training can be forgiven, since women don’t know shit about fitness anyway, but for men this behavior is inexcusable.
Endurance training should be punishable by castration.

Anyways, Rush Limbaugh is right when he implies that people like that are driving up healthcare costs. They obviously have no business partaking in those activities.[/quote]

Jesus, you really are the most determined idiot I have ever encountered on the internet.

The thing that is truly disappointing (and frightening) about this is that there are actually people out there that align themselves with Limbaugh’s comments and beliefs, regardless of whether or not they’re solely intended to elicit a reaction. This fat fool is actually considered by many to be the ‘leading voice’ of the Republican party. Good luck with that.

[/quote]

HA! HA!
Well said!