Exercise Lists?

Hi, guys I have been trying to put together an upper/lower body split but I am having trouble setting up the vertical push and pull day, can you guys list some exercises that are essential on this day.

Various OH presses Bb, DB, arnold presses, etc. chins up, pull up, pull down, Id even say dips and upright rows.

anything that moves up and down while your sanding erect LOL. it doesnt have to be PERFECT just in general

Phill

You could also throw in some of the variations of Olympic lifts, or partials (i.e. hang cleans, hang snatch, power shrug, push press, power jerk, etc).

i am not too sure if you ar talking about shoulders for vertical push and pull???

power cleans and clean and jerk
upright rows if your shoulders accept it.

dips for sure but it is more of a chest/tricep exercise depending on how you perform it.

pull ups- tons of variations- wide grip, close grip, V-Bar, chins…

if your more specific we could help you a little bit more unless i am totally missing something.

beachboi

[quote]beachboi wrote:
i am not too sure if you ar talking about shoulders for vertical push and pull???

power cleans and clean and jerk
upright rows if your shoulders accept it.

dips for sure but it is more of a chest/tricep exercise depending on how you perform it.

pull ups- tons of variations- wide grip, close grip, V-Bar, chins…

if your more specific we could help you a little bit more unless i am totally missing something.

beachboi[/quote]

The OP is talking about splitting his upper body exercises into movement planes not necessarily muscle groups (although there is a lot of overlap). Vertical Push would be overhead press variations, Horizontal Push would be bench press/push up variations, Vertical Pull would be all of your pullup/pulldown varations and Horizontal Pull would be all of your row variations. Hope that helps.