Exercise is the Best Antidepressant

Feeling tired, lazy, and unmotivated all the time is not normal.

It’s literally just a side effect of an unhealthy lifestyle.

It’s directly related to the food you put in your body and your daily activity level.

Once you start to eat healthy and exercise regularly, your entire life will start to change for the better.

Tanner Shuck Website and Programs

Except when it is not.

:-1: :-1:

What about the elite athlete who has fought valiantly against debilitating depression their entire life?

How about the athlete who can longer train train intensely due to COVID induced heart inflammation?

Think about going in to train and every time you push it you experience PVC/PACs or IST. Ever been in AFIB? Go ask JJ how he enjoyed that.

Panic attack every time you squat? Think about how you may handle that.

You are painting with a very board brush here. Seek to educate yourself.

If only Virginia Woolf would have had access to Crossfit.

After World War II began, Woolf’s diary indicates that she was obsessed with death, which figured more and more as her mood darkened.[292] On 28 March 1941, Woolf drowned herself by filling her overcoat pockets with stones and walking into the River Ouse near her home.[293] Her body was not found until 18 April.[294] Her husband buried her cremated remains beneath an elm tree in the garden of Monk’s House, their home in Rodmell, Sussex.[295]

In her suicide note, addressed to her husband, she wrote:

Dearest, I feel certain that I am going mad again. I feel we can’t go through another of those terrible times. And I shan’t recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and I can’t concentrate. So I am doing what seems the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness. You have been in every way all that anyone could be. I don’t think two people could have been happier till this terrible disease came. I can’t fight it any longer. I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work. And you will I know. You see I can’t even write this properly. I can’t read. What I want to say is I owe all the happiness of my life to you. You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good. I want to say that—everybody knows it. If anybody could have saved me it would have been you. Everything has gone from me but the certainty of your goodness. I can’t go on spoiling your life any longer. I don’t think two people could have been happier than we have been. V.[296][297]

Watched the video BTW:

Exercise should be the only AD people use.

If I am unhappy I should just work out more.

You and the hormone optimization people would have a lot of fun together. Have you met Danny Bossa? Maybe an interview in order.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve engaged in various athletics since age 9 and lifting weights since about 12 y.o. but nothing ever really touched any of my cognitive or behavioral problems. If anything, some of them became much worse.

Started an SSRI recently. Life changing difference.

They are not the same.

1 Like

Sport promotes the production of endorphins, which helps people with depression feel better. But when there is severe depression, it cannot be said that sports will help solve the problem.

1 Like