T Nation

Exercise Intensity and Carbs?

Currently on a pretty carb restricted diet and all is going well with the exception of my exercise intensity… I went to the gym for the first time on this diet yesterday and all my lifts were down… it only took me a few sets to become massively fatigued - obviously due to the low carbs…

Any ideas on what I could take pre and during the workout to maintain intensity? Preferably something low in carbs as restrictions are really tight. Also not a supplemented stimulant - Im already on HOT-ROX.

Thanks for any help,

Ben

Check out Power Drive and Caffein-Free Spike
Phill

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Currently on a pretty carb restricted diet and all is going well with the exception of my exercise intensity… I went to the gym for the first time on this diet yesterday and all my lifts were down… it only took me a few sets to become massively fatigued - obviously due to the low carbs…

Any ideas on what I could take pre and during the workout to maintain intensity? Preferably something low in carbs as restrictions are really tight. Also not a supplemented stimulant - Im already on HOT-ROX.

Thanks for any help,

Ben[/quote]

Would caffiene free Spike (or similar caffiene free stimulants) be safe to take 1-2 hours after HOT-ROX Extreme?

I am pretty sure the main problem with taking the original Spike with HOT-ROX Extreme was that they both contained caffein. Of course the new Spike doesn’t contain caffein.

I have been taking both and have not had any problems.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Would caffiene free spike (or similar caffiene free stimulants) be safe to take 1-2 hours after HOT-ROX Extreme?[/quote]

yes, it is safe, my friend swears by HOT-ROX Extreme/CF Spike, and Power Drive to get him through work.

it is important to be careful when you first take multiple nootropics like these together as everyone reacts differently to the combinations.