Exercise for Depression?

Wow! Thanks for all this. I can�??t respond to everyone but thank you for your suggestions. It all helps.

Hagar wrote:
�??Its comfortable to sit in your own shit so to speak.�??
Truer T words were never spoken.

�??As far a ADHD I don’t believe I have it in fact I don’t believe most people who are diagnosed have it. So my attention wanders when I’m faced with something I have no interest in, big deal. If I’m interested in something I stay focused. I think this is normal. Now a days if you can’t sit still in your cubical or behind a cash register you have ADHD.�??

Yeah I guess sometimes it could be over diagnosed. But not in my case. The 1st time I read about ADHD it was a stunner for me. I felt the author knew me personally and was writing my life story!

I haven�??t heard of this one-Dennis Prager’s “Happiness is a Serious Problem.”. I�??ll pick it up. Thanks.

DaMadMonk wrote:
�??What is your current diet like? I find my “mood” has a very high correlation to what I eat. If I eat lower amounts of carbs (higher protein/fats) during the day, I generally feel more energetic.�??

Yeah! Same here. Lots of carbs and fruits tend to lower my concentration even more. I need fats and proteins.
_______________________________________–
KiloSprinter wrote:
�??Overall, I’m not really happy with my life, it’s been this way for the past 8-10 years (I’m 22). I know it’s mostly due to the fact I expect too much from myself.�??

Hee!hee! Welcome to the club bro!
I�??m glad that biking is helping you out.
All the best to you.

You might want to try out some things that are helping me.
I�??m currently using 2 books:
�??Change Your Brain, Change Your Life�?? by Dr. Daniel Amen,
�??Don�??t say Yes when you want to say No�?? by Herbert Fensterheim

Thanks for all this. Currently I�??ve decided to continue lifting Pavel style and not worry about the emotional release aspect. I�??m also doing the Tabata Protocol for �??aerobics�??. I�??m using high rep band exercises. But I�??m not going to write this in stone. If it doesn�??t improve my concentration, depression I�??m trying steady state aerobics. Lets see.
I might try some sprinting or biking after all…