Exercise Deficit Disorder

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before we have an: Over-zealous-reactionary-pharmaceutical-profiteering-excuse-enabling-disorder-creating-disorder! identified & hopefully, medicication to treat it which will hopefully make a paradoxical black-hole the size of Texas which will in turn swallow up such the whole culture of such ludicrous, pseudo-medical labelism.

Of course, even if that did happen they’d probably just subsitute the term ‘disorder’ with ‘sydrome’ & the whole merry go round of madness would start all over again.

[/quote]

You didn’t read the one scientific reply in this thread. The CREATORS of the term didn’t invent it to give obese people an excuse; they did it so they can actually go and tell parents that the way they raise their kids causes illness. It is intended as a sneaky way to force children to play outside. From a Macchiavellian POV there’s nothing wrong with this at all.

EDD the latest disorder to affect our children, the horror!!

My house in a development. So, it’s all families with kids. Every home has a yard, we’re surrounded by a little preserved chunk of woods, and just outside of that are two schools with fields and playgrounds. Great place for a kid to growup.

A few months ago there was a weekend snowstorm. When it finally slowed down, I took my son out to ride his sled. I didn’t see one kid outside. Nobody throwing snowballs, making snow angels, or even shoveling walks and driveways.

It’s spring now. I see a random kid on a bike, or maybe a couple of boys shooting hoops here and there. But for the amount of homes, and the amount of kids, it’s like I’m seeing less than 10%. I know this because when I leave in the morning the bus stops are packed.

I blame it on video games and computers.

Same reason why all of the fatties I see every day at the train station are using their bulging guts to balance their iPads, or hunched over to read their cellphones. Fucked up “desk posture” and screen addiction 24/7.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Does that happen to anyone else?[/quote]

OMG ME!!![/quote]

You start masturbating, too? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

If I am a terrorist group, screw blowing people up. They need to buy some stock in McDonalds and Starbucks. Buy corner lots and only sell to fast food chains. They will kill way more Americans than hijacking some planes and nobody will ever know.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
All I know is that every time one of these old threads pop up and I see something that Count Rockula posted I immediately think he has returned and I get excited and start jerking off.

Then I see the post date and realize it’s a year-old thread and he’s still gone and I become sad and wallow in a puddle of my own urine.[/quote]

I like it because I thought it was a new thread and was going to post my thoughts…then I saw I did already when the thread was new and that I said just what I wanted to say again this time.