T Nation

Exercise Can Make You Wealthy?

This is an interesting little article.

http://cosmopolitan.com.au/does_working_out_make_you_wealthy.htm

Has anyone here found that exercise and lifting helped you meet your (non-exercsie) goals?

Without a doubt. I feel that sticking to any type of exercise and diet regimen, if nothing else, gives you a level of restraint, self-control, determination, and motivation that carries over into other pursuits. Physiologically exercising and eating right certainly gives you more energy. Beyond that it releases endorphins and other fun little neurotransmitters that make you feel better overall, which will help in any endeavor…

…o and it helpz u get teh secks

Discipline. It’s all about discipline.

What strikes me as odd is how did you come across this considering it’s on a Cosmo website?

This is one of those cause vs. indicator things. In other words I think someone lifting is an indicator, not a cause, of success in the workplace. Someone who has the self determination to stick with an exercise program is going to have the traits that lead to success in the office.

Although I guess that it could help build confidence and self motivation too.

Actually I tend to hang out at Vogue forums occasionally - can’t go by the hot gossip on foundations you know!

Oh, and I’m a woman, although I followed the link to this from a gender-neutral Net location. Can’t remember where…looks up and over the rainbow

[quote]timtimmah19 wrote:
Beyond that it releases endorphins and other fun little neurotransmitters that make you feel better overall, which will help in any endeavor…

…o and it helpz u get teh secks[/quote]

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about the endorphins…that’s great, i’m looking ofr reasons to exercise and overcome my fear of it. I’ve improved a bit this year and will continue.

Oh, and “secks” too huh? :wink: Why, whatever would I do with such a thing around the house…?

THERE IS A COSMO ARTICLE ON T-NATION! i am the only one bothered by this? WTF!

[quote]mbdix wrote:
THERE IS A COSMO ARTICLE ON T-NATION! i am the only one bothered by this? WTF![/quote]

You may be bothered by it but you replied to it, brother!

LOL

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Discipline. It’s all about discipline.[/quote]

Indeed. The discipline forged from this particular lifestyle has absolutely carried over to all other walks of life.

[quote]'nuffsaid wrote:
Actually I tend to hang out at Vogue forums occasionally - can’t go by the hot gossip on foundations you know!

Oh, and I’m a woman, although I followed the link to this from a gender-neutral Net location. Can’t remember where…looks up and over the rainbow
[/quote]

So you say you’re a woman huh … pics or it didn’t happen.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

So you say you’re a woman huh … pics or it didn’t happen. [/quote]

Damn - according to this I don’t exist, therefore neither does this post cos if I don’t exist i couldn’t have posted this. So you replied to a phantom post, dude, which means you must be hallucinating.

Enjoy.:slight_smile:

[quote]chillain wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Discipline. It’s all about discipline.

Indeed. The discipline forged from this particular lifestyle has absolutely carried over to all other walks of life.[/quote]

Reverse that. Discipline is an internal trait that improves the odds of success in any endeavor, be it lifting or running or doing well at school or work.