Exercise Bike at Desk?

Does anyone have any experience with using an exercise bike while working at a desk?

I work from home so I can set up desk however I want. I’m a website designer so I spend all my working day at the computer.

Has anyone tried this out? From googling it seems more people are using treadmills than bikes.

PS Sorry if Iâ??ve posted this in the wrong place, I wasn’t sure where to put it.
Thanks

dude, why not just put an eliptical or treadmill in your office and break from work for cardio?

I have a hard time imagining what type of bike you think you can fit the front of under a desk.

Also, how often would you have to slow down to do some more precise movements?

[quote]Tyrant wrote:
I have a hard time imagining what type of bike you think you can fit the front of under a desk.
[/quote]

I think he is referring to one of these: http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1261911948/ref=sr_nr_seeall_1?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=desk%20bike&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adesk%20bike%2Ci%3Ahpc

Like Ct. Rockula said, why not take a break to workout? You work at home, so it should not be a problem.

I can’t imagine being able to do my job while on a bike or a treadmill. Anytime I would get engrossed in what I’m doing my legs would stop moving. If I was on a treadmill that might be a problem. :slight_smile: As it is when I’m concentrating I can’t control my legs enough to keep them from getting wrapped up in the mess of wires under my desk. It might get rid of that annoying leg tapping and fidgeting though.

I could get one of those mini peddler things under my desk or I could get a full size exercise bike and raise my desk up.

I dont think Ill find peddling distracting while I work as its quite mindless (peddling I mean).

Perhaps I should have said, I already work out so this is just an extra thing and its more for my health than about getting super fit or losing weight.

Tyrant, what do you mean by ‘precise movements’?

Thanks

Like I said on the other place you started this thread.

One of my teammates works from home. He set up his bike on a trainer with a swivel desk for his computer.

He trained a ton on that setup to good effect.

Why dont you just clench your buttocks over and over and over and over again while you work?

It seems as if you’ll burn about as many calories from this as would someone in retail who works on their feet all day. People don’t go into retail to get more fit, don’t really see the benefit of going into a desk biking career either. Work is for work, breaks are for self improvement.

stupid idea. no way to concentrate on work while maintaining a reasonable intensity, and solid state slow cardio is pointless. just eat 300 less calories per day if that’s the way you want to go about it.

Search Computer guy syndrome…guys who sit at a desk all day shouldn’t be riding exercise bikes. I think something like a quick 15 minute workout every 2 hours or so would do some good.

2nd that, exercise bike is non stop kyphosis and not using glutes