Exemestane Result

I am a 51 year old male, and started taking a 25mg of exemestane every third day since mid-Decemeber. I am not on - nor was on - any other dosages (steroids, et al).

Prior to starting this dosage, I did not have blood tests done, but did do saliva tests - probably not the most accurate - and had low test and high estradiol levels, per the saliva test.

I just completed blood work after almost six months of taking exemestane and having my blood taken in the mid afternoon (test levels are lower), my test level was 755 ng/dl, which is very, very high.

Unfortunately, the doctor would not/could not test my estrogen levels. I hope I have not completely zapped my estrogen levels.

I have switched to a compound pharmacy’s Arimedex because it is much, much cheaper than exemestane, and I am hoping to continue to maintain high test levels.

For guys over 50, I definely recommend it.

Oh, my liver functions, lipid panel, cholesterol, etc. were all good.

How do you feel?

At 25 mg 3x/week, you are taking a VERY high amount. I take 200 mg/week of Test for TRT and use only 25 mg per WEEK (12.5 mg Mon/Thu) and this keeps my E2 levels right around 30.

How much anastrozole will you be taking?

I feel really good - I really didn’t realize I was taking such a high amount. No sides that I know of, although as I said my estrogen could be blown. That wouldn’t be good. In any sense, I really liked that high amount, a tremendous amount of energy, and my lipid panels and choletserol were all very good.

I will be taking 1mg anastrazole at the same rate, once every three days. You think that is about right?

1 mg anastrozole = 25 mg of exemesane…so you are on the right track…I still think that is a really high dose, but if it works for you, then go for it…

[quote]Katphan wrote:
I feel really good - I really didn’t realize I was taking such a high amount. No sides that I know of, although as I said my estrogen could be blown. That wouldn’t be good. In any sense, I really liked that high amount, a tremendous amount of energy, and my lipid panels and choletserol were all very good.

I will be taking 1mg anastrazole at the same rate, once every three days. You think that is about right?[/quote]

I read on ergo log that exemestane is anabolic?! So you can have high test levels with a mild steroid kick to it and no problems with recovery?

I read on ergo log that exemestane is anabolic?! So you can have high test levels with a mild steroid kick to it and no problems with recovery?[/quote]

I am in uncharted territory, but yes, it appears to be anabolic. I had read that it was, per a study. That’s what it has been for me. I take nothing else. It indeed does have a mild steroid kick, but keep in mind I am 51 so had low test.

As far as recovery…I’ve been on it six months, and switched to Arimedix as it is less expensive (well, a generic from a compound pharmacy), so I have had no recovery. I plan on sticking to this regimen without going off.