T Nation

Execution of Drug Smuggler Condemned

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/29/china.britain.smuggler/index.html

Why are words like ‘outraged’ and ‘condemned’ and ‘appalled’ being used in reaction to the execution of a drug smuggler?The man was caught with 4 kilos of heroin,enough to make a small fortune from sales in Ireland and presumably the UK aswell,which is where it was destined.

In Dublin the effects of heroin addiction can be seen every day.Huge amounts of junkies begging,stealing,blackening the image of our capital city.And scum like this man are to blame.Who can honestly be opposed to the sentencing to death of a man whose illegal dealings were guaranteed to contribute to the ruining of a countless number of lives??

First, this guy was very likely a retard and was used as a mule.

Second, the first killing of a Westerner by the Chinese in 50 years is a signal that has little to do with what he did.

Third, the reason for these problems are not drugs or smugglers but an overbearing government that believes it has the right to rule over other peoples bodies and the inevitable results of any prohibition.

So yes, I am honestly opposed to almost all government actions that result in the death of a human being, especially when the problem that that tries to solve was created by the government itself.

Why should someone be executed for drug trafficking if no other related crimes are involved? I am not of the mind that drugs should be illegal. If somebody wants to do heroin, why do you care? I sure as hell don’t.

First off drug prohibition is a waste. Secondly, should there be laws that dictate what you can or cannot put in your body? The black market creates gargantuan profits from substances that wouldn’t be 1/20th as profitable if they were legalized like alcohol. The laws should be universal. If this man is put to death from traficking then so should all… However, the people who control the laws are some of the very ones who are most heavily involved in narcotics trafficking themselves. So this isn’t going to happen.

[quote]wigsa wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/29/china.britain.smuggler/index.html

Why are words like ‘outraged’ and ‘condemned’ and ‘appalled’ being used in reaction to the execution of a drug smuggler?The man was caught with 4 kilos of heroin,enough to make a small fortune from sales in Ireland and presumably the UK aswell,which is where it was destined.

In Dublin the effects of heroin addiction can be seen every day.Huge amounts of junkies begging,stealing,blackening the image of our capital city.And scum like this man are to blame.Who can honestly be opposed to the sentencing to death of a man whose illegal dealings were guaranteed to contribute to the ruining of a countless number of lives??[/quote]

If that is your point of view then you will probably appreciate this article by someone who agrees with you.

http://bnp.org.uk/2009/12/china-shows-world-how-to-deal-with-drug-pushers/

The Chinese government has shown the world how to deal with drug pushers by ignoring liberal bleating and executing convicted drug-smuggler Akmal Shaikh â?? a punishment which should be mandatory everywhere for that crime.

“Hey man you want to have a free trip to China?”

“That sounds fun.”

“All you have to do is deliver this package, but you can not open it, and we are not going to tell you what it is.”

My response would be, “could I be arrested for this delivery?”
This guys response, “Sounds good to me, where is the package?”

“Hey Chinese government I have a mental condition becuase I did not ask more questions. I wanted something for nothing.”

Come on you all. The guy broke the law. You dont like those laws then do not go to that country. Nothing is free and the trade off for a free trip to China is possible risk of death. I think I would save up some money and buy my trip to China. Just me saying.

“Briton Akmal Shaikh”

Lol. That’s all you need to read. They executed a Middle Easterner, not a Briton.

Drug dealers and drug smugglers should be executed. Where I live in Miami, you have drug dealer scumbags everywhere. All the thugs and mental patients from South America are given one-way tickets to Miami where they’re free to sell drugs and pimp out crackwhores and spread aids. Fear of getting caught is the only thing that prevents me from going out and sniping a few of these pieces of shit myself. I think the day will come when average citizens will have to take it upon themselves to thin out the herd.

Drug dealers and drug smugglers should be executed. Where I live in Miami, you have drug dealer scumbags everywhere. All the thugs and mental patients from South America are given one-way tickets to Miami where they’re free to sell drugs and pimp out crackwhores and spread aids. Fear of getting caught is the only thing that prevents me from going out and sniping a few of these pieces of shit myself. I think the day will come when average citizens will have to take it upon themselves to thin out the herd.

[quote]pat wrote:
Why should someone be executed for drug trafficking if no other related crimes are involved? I am not of the mind that drugs should be illegal. If somebody wants to do heroin, why do you care? I sure as hell don’t.[/quote]

Why do I care?I’ll tell you why.I can’t walk down the street in Dublin without seeing people on their way to dying because they’re high as a fucking kite.I can’t wait at the tram stop without worrying that I’ll get a smack or get my phone robbed by one of these addicts.I can’t walk around certain streets at night because it’s a certainty that I’ll get mugged by a group of these addicts and if I try to fight them off,I’ll get a disease ridden syringe shoved in my arm or neck.I care because I know of countless families and even entire communities all around Ireland that have been torn apart due to heroin addiction.I care because I don’t like the fact that there are many many addicts floating around willing to break into old people’s houses and rob them to get a fix.

Basically,I care because I don’t like seeing people suffer unnecessarily in my country because scumbags like the guy that got executed smuggle fortunes worth of heroin in.

I don’t get why being a worthless, mad human being incapable of taking control of your life and actions, is any sort of reason NOT to kill you. If the dude was so crazy stupid, he should have just been put down like a dumb pup along time ago.

How come when Fifty Cent shoots some innocent fish belly in the back of da head with a 44, it’s cool? But when China shoots some Muzzie drug dealer with an SKS, its sad?

Generation Y doesn’t understand ;(
Please explain Western hypocrisy to me…

At least China is keepin’ it real. They aren’t telling you not to smuggle drugs into their country, they are telling you that if you get caught, they are going to kill you. As always, the choice is yours.

[quote]wigsa wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
Why should someone be executed for drug trafficking if no other related crimes are involved? I am not of the mind that drugs should be illegal. If somebody wants to do heroin, why do you care? I sure as hell don’t.[/quote]

Why do I care?I’ll tell you why.I can’t walk down the street in Dublin without seeing people on their way to dying because they’re high as a fucking kite.I can’t wait at the tram stop without worrying that I’ll get a smack or get my phone robbed by one of these addicts.I can’t walk around certain streets at night because it’s a certainty that I’ll get mugged by a group of these addicts and if I try to fight them off,I’ll get a disease ridden syringe shoved in my arm or neck.I care because I know of countless families and even entire communities all around Ireland that have been torn apart due to heroin addiction.I care because I don’t like the fact that there are many many addicts floating around willing to break into old people’s houses and rob them to get a fix.

Basically,I care because I don’t like seeing people suffer unnecessarily in my country because scumbags like the guy that got executed smuggle fortunes worth of heroin in.[/quote]

You worry to much about what other people do. Worry about yourself, you cannot control what others do and so long as they do not bother you, other than existing in your presence, it’s really none of your business.

[quote]orion wrote:
First, this guy was very likely a retard and was used as a mule.

Second, the first killing of a Westerner by the Chinese in 50 years is a signal that has little to do with what he did.

Third, the reason for these problems are not drugs or smugglers but an overbearing government that believes it has the right to rule over other peoples bodies and the inevitable results of any prohibition.

So yes, I am honestly opposed to almost all government actions that result in the death of a human being, especially when the problem that that tries to solve was created by the government itself.

[/quote]
Agreed. Prohibition is the cause of the black market and all the problems that result.

True that. Western society will crumble from our own idiocy. China realizes the man was retarded, like half of Western countries’ constituent populations, he was indeed retarded. How does that change the fact he smuggled drugs?

[quote]3IdSpetsnaz wrote:

True that. Western society will crumble from our own idiocy. China realizes the man was retarded, like half of Western countries’ constituent populations, he was indeed retarded. How does that change the fact he smuggled drugs?[/quote]

I think of it as Darwinism. Not everyone will smuggle drugs, hence those who do are weeded out. You gotta have respect for the Chinese for their simplicity.

You have to respect the laws of the land. Whether one country feels it is right, wrong, or indifferent doesn’t make it so under another countries rule of law.

It might be different in other countries, but here in America I’ve not once in 40 years ever crossed paths with a single person who was forced to become addicted to drugs by a drug dealer. Dealers exist because of a preexisting demand. Addicts seek out dealers.

To assume that drugs are a problem because of dealers is about as retarded as blaming Al Capone for creating alcoholics during prohibition or criminalizing Liquor store owners and bar owners for creating alcoholism. It just doesn’t work that way. Never once have I ever seen or even legitimately heard of a dealer seeking out people to forcefully become addicted anymore than liquor store owners and bar owners seek out people to become alcoholics. Addicts seek out dealers.

Yeah, I know some will argue that. blah, blah, blah, but I’d bet it’ll be those who’ve never been that up close to that lifestyle to know. THERE ARE FAR WORSE CRIMES TO KILL PEOPLE FOR.

[quote]pat wrote:
You worry to much about what other people do. Worry about yourself, you cannot control what others do and so long as they do not bother you, other than existing in your presence, it’s really none of your business. [/quote]

If nobody worried about what others did,the Nazis would still be in power,as would the Taliban,as would the Khmer Rouge,Idia Min,and countless other murdering bastards.Why should I not have compassion for my fellow man and want to help them??